Mitch McConnell Destroys Democrats' Hopes for a Senate Impeachment Trial

The impeachment stupidity is already dead on arrival..... in the Senate.

BY MATT MARGOLIS JAN 09, 2021

Excerpt:

Democrats are expected to introduce a new impeachment resolution next week, but if they were hoping for a quick approval of the resolution and a Senate trial before Trump leaves office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell effectively threw cold water on the idea.

According to a memo obtained by the Washington Post, the Senate “will not reconvene for substantive business until Jan. 19, which means the earliest possible date that impeachment trial proceedings can begin in the Senate is the day before President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated.”

LINK
He can call them in any time he wants.

If you read the article you would have learned that he SHUT DOWN the senate meetings up to the 20th for the specific reason for preventing the Senate Trial.

I read the article last night and yes he can suspend all meetings in senate but it can be taken up with the new senate.

If by chance he was impeached he would lose the right to run for office again and secret service lifetime protection not to mention his pension which he claims he doesn't need. I want him to lose his and family lifetime protection. I don't think he'll run again and if he does the repubs that have turned against him will not ever vote for him in 2024, they have had enough.

You can't impeach someone who is no longer the President, this is blatant partisan politics that will only anger a 75 million voter base.

I personally do not see him running in 2024 as the party will fight it and he will be 78 by then, when he will be slowing down.

Excerpt:

Democrats are expected to introduce a new impeachment resolution next week, but if they were hoping for a quick approval of the resolution and a Senate trial before Trump leaves office, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell effectively threw cold water on the idea.

According to a memo obtained by the Washington Post, the Senate “will not reconvene for substantive business until Jan. 19, which means the earliest possible date that impeachment trial proceedings can begin in the Senate is the day before President-elect Joe Biden is inaugurated.”

LINK

If you read the article you would have learned that he SHUT DOWN the senate meetings up to the 20th for the specific reason for preventing the Senate Trial.

I read the article last night and yes he can suspend all meetings in senate but it can be taken up with the new senate.

If by chance he was impeached he would lose the right to run for office again and secret service lifetime protection not to mention his pension which he claims he doesn't need. I want him to lose his and family lifetime protection. I don't think he'll run again and if he does the repubs that have turned against him will not ever vote for him in 2024, they have had enough.

You can't impeach someone who is no longer the President, this is blatant partisan politics that will only anger a 75 million voter base.

I personally do not see him running in 2024 as the party will fight it and he will be 78 by then, when he will be slowing down.

Yep, you're jumping for joy, whoa hold on a minute, can be taken up with the new senate, lol
The importance of an impeachment, no matter when the trial starts, is that a presidents pardon power is blocked in cases of impeachment.

Any crime Trump is impeached for, can not be pardoned by any president, ever.

unrest.jpg

Excerpt:

LINK

Yep, you're jumping for joy, whoa hold on a minute, can be taken up with the new senate, lol

Yeah to show what a stupid party the Democrats have become, with him out of office he is no longer subject to an impeachment and trial. There would be no standing in this case.

Better research that.
Lol! How? Where is there any honest research results that go against the faggot lying democrats?

Oh look it's the prisoner's butt boy.
So, no answer as expected.

Yeah to show what a stupid party the Democrats have become, with him out of office he is no longer subject to an impeachment and trial. There would be no standing in this case.
Once articles of impeachment are voted, there is no "moot" defense. The law is clear on what happens, without the ability to stop train once it leaves the station.

They aren't planning to do that. They plan to have articles of impeachment by wednesday, a week before Trump leaves office.

This is a Dem pile on. A fraction of the protesters got out of hand and Dems and RINO's are jumping at the opportunity to attack president Trump. That's all that's going on here. When Pelosi and Schumer liken the protest to the attack on Pearl Harbor just how FAKE this faux rage is comes into focus.
The insanity of Wednesday cannot be overstated.

No president has ever gotten their supporters to attack the Capitol in an effort to overturn an election.

Nancy and her gang are fearful of something otherwise they wouldn’t be so dam stupid as to pursue such a worthless dog and pony show. Well then again maybe they are that stupid. Ironic that impeachment rhetoric started four years ago and it hasn’t stopped since. Got to hand it to them they are truly concerned about the heath, safety, and security of the people they have on the plantation
1610210865874.png

I almost wish he didn't. Impeaching a sitting president twice over a complete nonsense - that's exactly why the horned guy posing in the capitol building is hardly mockery of the incompetent morons at our government.

I understand why, but impeachment not the answer. Impeachment will just make the cult types even more angry. There is a rot in this land we love. And it's pretty much our own fault.
It may not be the best answer, but because we can't try the commander in chief under the UCMJ, we have to settle.

Excerpt:

LINK

The article is filled with speculating writing, not only that there was no identifiable misconduct activities in the phone conference or at the rally. Which are both highly politicized by the media and the democrats, ensuring he could never a get a fair trial anyway.

They aren't planning to do that. They plan to have articles of impeachment by wednesday, a week before Trump leaves office.

You didn't read the article...., this is about the SENATE not being open for anything up to the 20th.

Once articles of impeachment are voted, there is no "moot" defense. The law is clear on what happens, without the ability to stop train once it leaves the station.
With less than two weeks left before Biden is prez, the only realistic reason they want Trump out now is they are terrified he will invoke the insurrection act. I wish he would.

This is a Dem pile on. A fraction of the protesters got out of hand and Dems and RINO's are jumping at the opportunity to attack president Trump. That's all that's going on here. When Pelosi and Schumer liken the protest to the attack on Pearl Harbor just how FAKE this faux rage is comes into focus.
The insanity of Wednesday cannot be overstated.

No president has ever gotten their supporters to attack the Capitol in an effort to overturn an election.
They never had someone get close to them. They are the purveyors of attacks on others. But it came close. And you cheated. Only a retarded Mongolian idiot moron would vote for a Party that is going to go totally totalitarian on its people and ph uk over their own voters as needed. When the oldest pass on soon enough, the spoiled generations will suffer the wrath of the globalists.

The article is filled with speculating writing, not only that there was no identifiable misconduct activities in the phone conference or at the rally. Which are both highly politicized by the media and the democrats, ensuring he could never a get a fair trial anyway.
Is it coincidence that Trump asked the Georgia sec of state to find 11,780 votes for him, when he trailed Biden by 11,779 votes. As Trump even pointed out, one more than he needs.

Explain where Raffensperger was going to "find" votes? They already went though all the votes twice.

You didn't read the article...., this is about the SENATE not being open for anything up to the 20th.
You would have a point about impeaching somebody who left office. But the senate trial is required by law, independent of the persons status. As I said, once the train leaves the station, it continues to roll even if it has to be done by the next congress.

With less than two weeks left before Biden is prez, the only realistic reason they want Trump out now is they are terrified he will invoke the insurrection act. I wish he would.
It puts Trump on notice not to even attempt such things. Remember, the house is free to add additional articles of impeachment at any time.

Forum List

Back