Mitch goes to Senate floor, B-Slaps Nazi Pelousy and Cryin' Chucky on their impeachment farce.

that very well could be the case. Probably why Nancy is holding on to the articles and squeezing some political dirt out of it.

In all honesty this is what I thunk...

RBG is on her deathbed and pelosi will hold the articles of impeachment until she craps out and Trump appoints a new SC justice.

Once the senate starts the confirmation process, pelosi delivers the articles and the senate is obligated to drop what they are doing and focus on impeachment.

I could be wrong...we will see.

We saw what lengths the filth went to with kavanaugh!
The Kavanaugh situation was bad... so was what the Reps did to block Garland. If RGB goes wouldnt the Reps be expected to hold off on nominating a replacement during an election year just as they did with Garland?
Nope. They will rush the nomination thru faster than the Dimwingers in the House did the impeachment farce.:5_1_12024:

I listen to the turtle make his senate floor speeches and wonder how anybody can take him seriously. It sounds like you do... how do you take him seriously? Please explain for me.
I am under no obligation to explain jack shit to you, Sport.

Nazi is done. She needs to come out of hiding and slink over to the Senate with her clusterfuck impeachment papers.:5_1_12024:
I never said you were obligated to do anything but if you can’t answer a simple question or explain yourself then that speaks volumes. Rant and run is not a respectable tactic

You mean like you did, I didn't see you fully explain your position.

I just made a simple observation and asked a question... why would anybody take him seriously.

Why would you think that?

Those witnesses were subpoenaed and they ignored them during the house investigation. New witnesses are called at trials all the time. That’s not something that unprecedented
That’s on Nazi. She was in too big of a hurry to let the courts rule on the challenges to the subpoenas. Apparently, Nazi thought they made their case without waiting for the system outlined in the Constitution.

This isn’t a normal trial. No impeachment included new witnesses called by Senators.
The subpoenas weren’t challenged they were ignored
They were challenged in court. Even if they were just ignored, the House should have gone to court to get a ruling to force them to testify.

Either way, Nazi ignored the way the system works and she is stuck with the clusterfuck they produced.
A normal system would have consequences for ignoring subpoenas
The House should have taken it to court. That's where the system takes care of these disputes. Nazi chose not to. Now she wants a do over because she knows she is holding a clusterfuck.
keep playing the petty games if you must. You obviously don’t care about looking at the truth of the matter.

that very well could be the case. Probably why Nancy is holding on to the articles and squeezing some political dirt out of it.

RBG is on her deathbed and pelosi will hold the articles of impeachment until she craps out and Trump appoints a new SC justice.

Once the senate starts the confirmation process, pelosi delivers the articles and the senate is obligated to drop what they are doing and focus on impeachment.

The Kavanaugh situation was bad... so was what the Reps did to block Garland. If RGB goes wouldnt the Reps be expected to hold off on nominating a replacement during an election year just as they did with Garland?
Nope. They will rush the nomination thru faster than the Dimwingers in the House did the impeachment farce.:5_1_12024:
And you cheer on the dishonest hypocrisy. Nice

That’s on Nazi. She was in too big of a hurry to let the courts rule on the challenges to the subpoenas. Apparently, Nazi thought they made their case without waiting for the system outlined in the Constitution.

This isn’t a normal trial. No impeachment included new witnesses called by Senators.
They were challenged in court. Even if they were just ignored, the House should have gone to court to get a ruling to force them to testify.

Either way, Nazi ignored the way the system works and she is stuck with the clusterfuck they produced.
The House should have taken it to court. That's where the system takes care of these disputes. Nazi chose not to. Now she wants a do over because she knows she is holding a clusterfuck.
keep playing the petty games if you must. You obviously don’t care about looking at the truth of the matter.
Hehe.

You claim it is "petty games" to point out how the Constitution lays out how to resolve disputes between the Executive and Legislative branches?

Just throw in the towel and move on, Loser.:5_1_12024:

They who hold the cards takes the pot. Reid decided to start playing with the rules, don't cry when the republicans chose to do the same.

Told Nazi she is done. She has nothing to say about how the Senate operates. Also called out Schumer on his hypocrisy from the Clinton impeachment.

Impeachment impasse deepens as McConnell rejects Pelosi's bid to shape trial: ‘Their turn is over’

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, speaking from the chamber’s floor Friday, rejected House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s efforts to shape a pending impeachment trial as “fantasy”—leaving the process at a standstill as lawmakers return from the holiday recess.

“Their turn is over. They’ve done enough damage. It’s the Senate’s turn now to render sober judgment,” McConnell, R-Ky., said on the Senate floor.

But he stressed that the chamber cannot hold a trial unless and until the House of Representatives transmits the two articles of impeachment adopted last month, accusing President Trump of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress pertaining to his dealings with Ukraine. Pelosi, D-Calif., has held onto them in a bid to seek favorable terms for a trial, including the involvement of certain Democrat-sought witnesses.

McConnell called Pelosi’s effort to “hand-design” the proceedings in the Senate a “non-starter” and a “fantasy.”

But McConnell charged that Democrats' "Trump derangement syndrome" has escalated into a partisan "fever," while accusing his counterparts of taking positions that contradict their actions during the Clinton impeachment.

"It appears that one symptom of Trump derangement syndrome is also a bad case of amnesia," he quipped.

Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri said overnight that he plans to introduce a measure Monday to dismiss the "bogus impeachment" entirely.

"If Dems won’t proceed with trial, bogus articles should be dismissed and @realDonaldTrump fully cleared," he tweeted.

McConnell, though, indicated the Senate process is at a standstill for now, as he accused the House of getting "cold feet."

"The same people who spent weeks screaming that impeachment was so urgent … now decided it could wait indefinitely while they check the political winds and look for some new talking points," he said.

Impeachment impasse deepens as McConnell rejects Pelosi's bid to shape trial: ‘Their turn is over’

That's nice. Pelosi will let him know when he has her permission to proceed.

The articles have been posted to the congressional record, the senate can act on them, they don't need her permission. Her only choice is to send managers or not.

I listen to the turtle make his senate floor speeches and wonder how anybody can take him seriously. It sounds like you do... how do you take him seriously? Please explain for me.

Nazi is done. She needs to come out of hiding and slink over to the Senate with her clusterfuck impeachment papers.:5_1_12024:
I never said you were obligated to do anything but if you can’t answer a simple question or explain yourself then that speaks volumes. Rant and run is not a respectable tactic

I just made a simple observation and asked a question... why would anybody take him seriously.

Just my opinion. When I listen to him, the way he sounds the things he says, the obvious political games he plays.... he belongs on Hannities show not leading our congress IMO

Just my opinion. When I listen to him, the way he sounds the things he says, the obvious political games he plays.... he belongs on Hannities show not leading our congress IMO

Great, consider your opinion without justification, dismissed. He's very good at playing the political game, whether you like it or not.

We killed another terrorist today and he is burning in Hell. Remember that when you take a poke at America.

Told Nazi she is done. She has nothing to say about how the Senate operates. Also called out Schumer on his hypocrisy from the Clinton impeachment.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, speaking from the chamber’s floor Friday, rejected House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s efforts to shape a pending impeachment trial as “fantasy”—leaving the process at a standstill as lawmakers return from the holiday recess.

“Their turn is over. They’ve done enough damage. It’s the Senate’s turn now to render sober judgment,” McConnell, R-Ky., said on the Senate floor.

But he stressed that the chamber cannot hold a trial unless and until the House of Representatives transmits the two articles of impeachment adopted last month, accusing President Trump of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress pertaining to his dealings with Ukraine. Pelosi, D-Calif., has held onto them in a bid to seek favorable terms for a trial, including the involvement of certain Democrat-sought witnesses.

McConnell called Pelosi’s effort to “hand-design” the proceedings in the Senate a “non-starter” and a “fantasy.”

But McConnell charged that Democrats' "Trump derangement syndrome" has escalated into a partisan "fever," while accusing his counterparts of taking positions that contradict their actions during the Clinton impeachment.

"It appears that one symptom of Trump derangement syndrome is also a bad case of amnesia," he quipped.

Republican Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri said overnight that he plans to introduce a measure Monday to dismiss the "bogus impeachment" entirely.

"If Dems won’t proceed with trial, bogus articles should be dismissed and @realDonaldTrump fully cleared," he tweeted.

McConnell, though, indicated the Senate process is at a standstill for now, as he accused the House of getting "cold feet."

"The same people who spent weeks screaming that impeachment was so urgent … now decided it could wait indefinitely while they check the political winds and look for some new talking points," he said.

That's nice. Pelosi will let him know when he has her permission to proceed.

The articles have been posted to the congressional record, the senate can act on them, they don't need her permission. Her only choice is to send managers or not.

Actually they can't. Which is why they havn't.

Pelosi will let you know when you have her permission.

In the meantime, the evidence keeps rolling in, and it's getting worse for you every day.

Hehe.

You claim it is "petty games" to point out how the Constitution lays out how to resolve disputes between the Executive and Legislative branches?

Just throw in the towel and move on, Loser.
you literally just admitted support for political gamesmanship over precedent and process. It was cool for Reps to block Garland because it was an election year but if it happens now then run em through. You’re a joke. No reason to respect your opinions after that crap

They who hold the cards takes the pot. Reid decided to start playing with the rules, don't cry when the republicans chose to do the same.

Reid was a joke too, glad that guy is gone. Just because he did it doesn't excuse that kind of behavior for anybody else. That’s gradeschool logic

Great, consider your opinion without justification, dismissed. He's very good at playing the political game, whether you like it or not.

Yes he is, so is Pelosi. I’m not saying he is bad at the games, I’m saying I don’t respect him because he plays the games

In the meantime, the evidence keeps rolling in, and it's getting worse for you every day.
By your measure, it has been rolling in for 4 years now and ought to be up to about 30 floors above peak tide by now! I was hearing from you people 3 years ago that you had Trump nailed to the wall dead to rights any day now!
Well, here we are three years later, and here you are still saying stuff just keeps rolling in and looking worse and guess what, Jack ----

---- Trump's still in the frickin' White House. :1peleas:

Reid was a joke too, glad that guy is gone. Just because he did it doesn't excuse that kind of behavior for anybody else. That’s gradeschool logic

No it's called defense, the commies want to run around the people to the courts to ram through their agenda. Now that they are losing control of the appointments, they want to pack the courts with commies if they ever regain power. Trump is remaking the lower courts to hopefully prevent it. Precedent means nothing to the commies, they will change the rules, just like they're trying to do on the impeachment. The thing is they don't hold the cards, at least for now.

Hehe.

Just throw in the towel and move on, Loser.
you literally just admitted support for political gamesmanship over precedent and process. It was cool for Reps to block Garland because it was an election year but if it happens now then run em through. You’re a joke. No reason to respect your opinions after that crap

I support anything that gets Libtards so butthurt.

Yes he is, so is Pelosi. I’m not saying he is bad at the games, I’m saying I don’t respect him because he plays the games

Well, it's the only game in town. You play what you're dealt.

No it's called defense, the commies want to run around the people to the courts to ram through their agenda. Now that they are losing control of the appointments, they want to pack the courts with commies if they ever regain power. Trump is remaking the lower courts to hopefully prevent it. Precedent means nothing to the commies, they will change the rules, just like they're trying to do on the impeachment. The thing is they don't hold the cards, at least for now.

Yeah yeah, it’s all the Dems fault and they are commies so we gotta do anything and everything we can to prevent them from their agenda. You’re such a puppet with that lame talking point. Grow up

Forum List

Back