Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

0698682F-8AD5-4FEA-92E2-E70B2ED429F1.jpeg

Celebrating the heritage of a group of people who fought a war to retain the right own, rape, buy and sell human beings seems a bit dicey.
You mean the USA?

Nope, they called themselves the confederacy.
But you described the USA. Selective history, eh? That’s an agenda.

hmmm...nope. Accurate history. As opposed to your revisionist version. At the time of the Cival War, the Confederacy seceded over the right to own human beings which was being threatened. As of 1863, all slaves in the US were declared free. The Confederacy continued To fight for their right (to own human beings).

Now you want to celebrate a heritage built around the institution and preservation of slavery without taking responsibility for it.

I think recognizes that the entire US, such as it existed, had slavery at one time, but states one by one were abolishing. Except for those that would form the confederacy and a few others.

I don’t recall the rest of the country choosing to honor the right to enslave.

1. You cannot spell "civil."

2. NO, all slaves in the US were NOT "declared free" in 1863.

PROVE ME WRONG ON THIS, LIGHTWEIGHT!
She’s consulting her DNC-ipaedia fact checker right now.

A heritage of what? I'm not making any judgement here, it is just that I associate celebration of heritage with food, and observing customs and traditions. I can understand a memorial to the fallen, but heritage pertains to the descendants. From my Georgia born wife I only know of the Southern heritage thing of eating black-eye peas on New Years Day. I know she'd want no part of this Confederate Heritage month and so won't go to her for any sort of explanation.

An inclusive Southern Heritage month I could understand.
Black Eyed Peas, fried chicken, watermelon and hunting.

Squirel hunting with a 22 only counts if you get em in the head.

Oh, and blowing shit up.

Breaking News...

The South lost the Civil War.

But the south got the blue states to pay for there cheap standards of living

:)

So who really lost?

Everyone. The South was much wealthier than the North prior to the Civil War, but much of that wealth was based on the value of slaves. The South fought for the wealth of their aristocracy. A strong young male sold for as much as $10,000. Lincoln wasn't proposing reimbursing slaves owners for the loss of that equity in free their slaves, and further, demanded that plantation owners give each slave 40 acres and a mule, so the plantation owner would lose both his slaves AND his land and become impoverished. But why the sharecroppers took up arms on their behalf is beyond me.

The South was physically destroyed. Atlanta was burned, and the southern states have been dirt poor ever since. After the war, the Carpetbaggers came down in gangs from the north and stole whatever wealth they could find - jewellry, art works, anything they could pirate. The North/South divide endures to this day, and white Southerners take an inordinate amount of pride in having lost a ridiculous and futile war.

Tell me how anyone was better off for the decision to secede and declare war on the Union. The fact that Southerners still want to celebrate these wrong headed idiots who turned brothers against brothers just tells me that they aren't thinking this thing through very well.
People can be manipulated. Look at the 95% Prog controlled media/entertainment complex. It sends people into convulsions over the most trivial things. And continues its propaganda even with the potential fate of a nation and the planet itself in jeopardy.

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

“Unnecessary,” Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson wrote Monday on Twitter.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Mississippi governor declares Confederate Heritage Month
Well, there are many RINOs that are in political office. It is kinda strange why would they bring this up since it was already declared decades ago by seven states. And why would they bring this up during the Christian's holidays.
And the old South was under the control of the Democrat party until the 70's, which the majority of them voted against the civil rights act. . But why they don't bring that up?
But those who honors this day. That they pledges their allegiance to the confederate flag.

Mississippi Secretary of State Michael Watson

This gold star child in this video is acting very peculiar.

The confederacy was not the United States so it did not have US political parties. And so we now have a republican deciding to honor racism with racist history month.

well

Heritage, history, culture, family, ect. normal stuff.

You do know that the South tends to be MORE patriotic than the rest of the country, right? THe issues that drove secession have been long settled. No one is pushing for slavery or secession any more.

Bullshit

You are incorrect.

1586518740455.png

So, you have been proven to be wrong.

Now demonstrate that your hatred of the South is not fact or reality based, by not changing your position one bit.

Correll,

Shut the fuck up boy until you produce the national policy of anti white discrimination I asked you to show 3 years ago.

im2, This game you play, I don't have the white guilt that it plays on, not a single ounce of it.

I hope that you are only doing this, to play act for your lib friends, so they think.... something about you.

Because if you think I can't see right though it, if you think that your antics mean anything to me....

Which day will be lynching day?

Lynching and the Confederacy are two distinct historical events. Obviously you can honor one, without honoring the other.

D'uh.

Democrats were lynching blacks right up to the 1960s.

No, whites were lynching us. And then when you try pinning this on the democrats, why did republicans allow it to stay legal? You see, this is an example of the problem with your disingenuous tales of republican love for blacks.
You are aware the KKK lynched just as many white people as black, no? Probably not, because you're pretty fucking oblivious.
My grandma stopped 3 of them from hanging her dad with a butcher knife, boy.

If he did know it, he would lie about it. These people lie about the meaning of the word "not".

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Keeping Mississippi a place where no one wants to go. What a great campaign slogan! :)

You mean he declared it as "Confederate Racist Traitor Month".

Every confederate civil war group I follow on Facebook pays respect to blacks like I never seen before. They honor black soldiers men and women. It’s the complete opposite of how democrats talk about southern confederates

How in the hell do you pay respect to someone you enslaved, raped, maimed, dehumanized and murdered. It would be like saying Nazis pay respect to Jewish folks who suffered in the Holocaust.

Every confederate civil war group I follow on Facebook pays respect to blacks like I never seen before. They honor black soldiers men and women. It’s the complete opposite of how democrats talk about southern confederates

How in the hell do you pay respect to someone you enslaved, raped, maimed, dehumanized and murdered. It would be like saying Nazis pay respect to Jewish folks who suffered in the Holocaust.
Well when you stop lying about history, then you can understand..

The liar is you Trump Humper, I guess next you are going to tell us that the Confederacy treated their slaves great.

The liar is you Trump Humper, I guess next you are going to tell us that the Confederacy treated their slaves great.
There was once a thread on here and some right wing lunatic claimed black people should be thanking white people for slavery.
I kid you not.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Get the dual citizen congress critter and make up a hemp noose. Put it on the AM news LIVE so people can watch it while they eat their grits and are fixin to get to work.I'd imagine the REAL black folk(non-dual citizen-non Ebonics speaking) would get a kick out of it too. They're as southern as anyone !

Last edited:

Forum List

Back