Mississippi Governor Declares April as Confederate Heritage Month

Breaking News...

The South lost the Civil War.

No one is saying otherwise....

Are you ok?

LOL..it appeared to me that there are more than a few people like yourself who needed a history lesson.

From the proclamation:

..”as we honor all who lost their lives in this war, it is important for all Americans to reflect upon our nation’s past, to gain insight from our mistakes and successes, and to come to a full understanding that the lessons learned yesterday and today will carry us through tomorrow if we carefully and earnestly strive to understand our heritage and our opportunities which lie before us.”

What successes were there from the civil war? What is there to appreciate from a rebellion that took 600,000 American lives?

YOu were supposedly proving that some people are saying the South did not lose the war?

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you?

Breaking News...

Are you ok?

LOL..there appears to me there are people saying otherwise.

From the proclamation:

..”as we honor all who lost their lives in this war, it is important for all Americans to reflect upon our nation’s past, to gain insight from our mistakes and successes, and to come to a full understanding that the lessons learned yesterday and today will carry us through tomorrow if we carefully and earnestly strive to understand our heritage and our opportunities which lie before us.”

What successes were there from the civil war? What is there to appreciate from a rebellion that took 600,000 American lives?

I'm an optimist. We learned alot about medical technology and battlefield tactics.
Yes.. nothing like 600,000 American dead and tens of thousand wounded to make us appreciate that amputations may not be the best go to method for battlefield injuries.

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

“Unnecessary,” Democratic U.S. Rep. Bennie Thompson wrote Monday on Twitter.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Mississippi governor declares Confederate Heritage Month

Nice to see those who will not allow the Democrats to escape their history step up.

View attachment 321110

I love dark humor. :laughing0301:

View attachment 321113

Dude. You are so retarded, your drooling on yourself.

Breaking News...

Are you ok?

LOL..it appeared to me that there are more than a few people like yourself who needed a history lesson.

From the proclamation:

YOu were supposedly proving that some people are saying the South did not lose the war?

Apparently you are too dense to understand sarcasm.

So tell us what is there to appreciate about 600,000 American dead In the Civil War?

Breaking News...

Are you ok?

From the proclamation:

Honoring the sacrifices of your ancestors, is not a denial that they lost.

So, your point, was just stupid. It was not funny, nor sarcastic.

Unless, you think that only proper behavior for the South is walling in the type of white guilt that you modern libs like.

Mmm, that is it isn't it. That is what pisses you off. That they are not walling in white guilt?

Dude.

1586450799089.png

Personally, I would have chosen a month with 31 days in it, but I'm not the Governor.

"Mississippi Republican Gov. Tate Reeves has declared April as Confederate Heritage Month.

The first-year governor is following the practice of several of his Democratic and Republican predecessors, and his action is drawing criticism from the state’s only African American congressman.

The Mississippi chapter of Sons of Confederate Veterans recently posted Reeves’s proclamation on its Facebook page.

“God bless the Confederate Soldier. Many of whom are buried in unmarked and unknown mass graves throughout the South,” the group said in the post. “May he, or his sacrifices, never be forgotten...”

Nice to see those who will not allow the Democrats to escape their history step up.

View attachment 321110

I love dark humor. :laughing0301:

View attachment 321113

Keep 'em comin' babe. Only 149 more points before I beat Bluzman61 for the "Most reactions - Past 7 days" score.

I think one more thread should do the trick. :04:

reactions.jpg

Breaking News...

Are you ok?

From the proclamation:

Unless, you think that only proper behavior for the South is walling in the type of white guilt that you modern libs like.

Mmm, that is it isn't it. That is what pisses you off. That they are not walling in white guilt?

Dude.

View attachment 321117
In a society that was built on racism and was 40 percent in slavery you only seem to want to celebrate the 60 percent.

Breaking News...

Are you ok?

From the proclamation:

Dude.

View attachment 321117
There are all types of monuments to my wife’s ancestors who fought in the civil war for the confederacy. However, the Confederacy was in rebellion against the United States of America. What is there to appreciate about that. I appreciate the USA. I celebrate it on the 4th of July. You may be familiar with that date.

Last edited:
Breaking News...

Are you ok?

From the proclamation:

Dude.

View attachment 321117
In a society that was built on racism and was 40 percent in slavery you only seem to want to celebrate the 60 percent.

Hell, dude: We only got 10% of the total amount of slaves brought to the Americas. South American countries got the other 90%, but I don't hear you people giving them any shit about it.

The confederacy was not the United States so it did not have US political parties. And so we now have a republican deciding to honor racism with racist history month.
I am sorry IM 2. Thereare other versions of the War between the States.
and all of them ended with the South losing....

How many versions of the war against England will it take for us to have a celebration honoring those who betrayed the US and fought against it?

The confederacy was not the United States so it did not have US political parties. And so we now have a republican deciding to honor racism with racist history month.
I am sorry IM 2. Thereare other versions of the War between the States.
That's Tha wawa of nartharn ahggreshion ta ya'll Yaankees.

My ancestor was a highly decorated sharpshooter, what we call a sniper these days. He was called the bravest and most efficient soldier in the confederacy by Robert E Lee and was known as the bravest man in the stonewall brigade. He's easy to find on the web. Pvt. Mike Foster. He took part in most major engagements from first Manassas to Appomattox. Was severely wounded and taken captive while recovering in the hospital. The confederacy offered 50 captured yankee soldiers for his return in a prisoner exchange.
BTW the hillbilly family was far too poor to own slaves. He was fighting for Virginia, state sovereignty and freedom from an oppressive federal government.

Last edited:
I just got the expanded schedule. These are the commemorative days of all the things we remember about the Confederacy

April 1 - Confederacy Day
April 2 - Lynching Commemorative Day
April 3 - Pork Rinds Day
April 4 - NASCAR Day
April 5 - Education is a Waste of Time Day
April 6 - Segregation Day
April 7 - The Civil War Was a Tie Day
April 8 - White Nationalism Day
April 9 - Rename the Country "United States of Trump" Day
April 10 - Repeal Mixed Race Dating Day
April 11 - Inbreeding Day
April 12 - Cross Burning Day
April 13 - College Football Day
April 14 - Moonshine Day
April 15 - Banjo-Picking Day
April 16 - Fuck Is It Ever Hot Down Here Day
April 17 - Blame The Civil War on Everything Except Slavery Day
April 18 - Don't Brush Your Teeth Day
April 19 - Bring Back the $3 Poll Tax Day
April 20 - Black People Had it Good Under Slavery Day
April 21 - No Blacks, Jews or Catholics Day
April 22 - Whine About Not Being Able to Say "N1gger" But Black People Can Day
April 23 - Yankee Go Home Day
April 24 - Dred Scott Commemoration Day
April 25 - Pro Wrasslin' Day
April 26 - Women Know Their Place Day
April 27 - Couldn't Think of Anything for This Day
April 28 - Bull Connor Day
April 29 - Squirrel Meal Day
April 30 - Jeff Foxworthy Day
Keep the day job.

Hitlers Birthday is celebrated in April.
So I guess it is appropriate.

You are just shit, so, I guess it is appropriate.

Breaking News...

Are you ok?

From the proclamation:

Dude.

View attachment 321117

Hell, dude: We only got 10% of the total amount of slaves brought to the Americas. South American countries got the other 90%, but I don't hear you people giving them any shit about it.
We are not South America or the Caribbean

We are responsible for our own choices. Slavery was not our finest hour

Breaking News...

Are you ok?

From the proclamation:

Dude.

View attachment 321117

Ahhh, I see. So you don't mind if any other country uses slave labor, just not here.

I just got the expanded schedule. These are the commemorative days of all the things we remember about the Confederacy

April 1 - Confederacy Day
April 2 - Lynching Commemorative Day
April 3 - Pork Rinds Day
April 4 - NASCAR Day
April 5 - Education is a Waste of Time Day
April 6 - Segregation Day
April 7 - The Civil War Was a Tie Day
April 8 - White Nationalism Day
April 9 - Rename the Country "United States of Trump" Day
April 10 - Repeal Mixed Race Dating Day
April 11 - Inbreeding Day
April 12 - Cross Burning Day
April 13 - College Football Day
April 14 - Moonshine Day
April 15 - Banjo-Picking Day
April 16 - Fuck Is It Ever Hot Down Here Day
April 17 - Blame The Civil War on Everything Except Slavery Day
April 18 - Don't Brush Your Teeth Day
April 19 - Bring Back the $3 Poll Tax Day
April 20 - Black People Had it Good Under Slavery Day
April 21 - No Blacks, Jews or Catholics Day
April 22 - Whine About Not Being Able to Say "N1gger" But Black People Can Day
April 23 - Yankee Go Home Day
April 24 - Dred Scott Commemoration Day
April 25 - Pro Wrasslin' Day
April 26 - Women Know Their Place Day
April 27 - Couldn't Think of Anything for This Day
April 28 - Bull Connor Day
April 29 - Squirrel Meal Day
April 30 - Jeff Foxworthy Day
Best post of the month

Breaking News...

Are you ok?

From the proclamation:

Dude.

View attachment 321117

You mean they pick and choose what to celebrate from their history? Shocking.

Sort of like how you libs like to celebrate FDR'S new deal, and not his interment camps.

Can you be honest about that?

Oh, wait, right, you can't. Everything you say is shit. You are shit.

Breaking News...

Are you ok?

From the proclamation:

Dude.

View attachment 321117

Ahhh, I see. So it's ok if any other country uses slave labor, just not here.

Do they have a month celebrating slavery?

Forum List

Back