Mind blown

A new poll released by the Cato Institute of 2,000 Americans 18 years of age and older unambiguously indicates that the reluctance of moderates and conservatives to share their political views has increased significantly since 2017.

According to the poll, conducted on Cato’s behalf by YouGov, “The share of moderates who self‐censor increased 7 points from 57% to 64%, and the share of conservatives rose from 70% to 77%, also a 7‐point increase.” Perhaps more significantly, strong liberals constituted the only ideological cohort that indicated more freedom to express their political opinions. Only 42 percent indicate that they self-censor. A majority of committed liberals (58 percent) feel free to say what they think. This is why those with left-leaning political views seem to dominate the political discourse. They are doing most of the talking while moderates and conservatives keep their own counsel and wait patiently for Election Day.

Now - what they do on election day is another story. They might not vote for Biden but they might not vote for Trump either.

Just found out my dad likes Trump/Conservatives.

I had him pegged as an old school democrat. Wonder how many other secret Conservatives there are out there.

Old school Democrats are more like the conservatives of today. My grandmother is a registered Democrat but sometimes votes straight-ticket Republican. Just like the old Reagan adage, 'I didn't leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left me'

Just found out my dad likes Trump/Conservatives.

I had him pegged as an old school democrat. Wonder how many other secret Conservatives there are out there.

Old school Democrats are more like the conservatives of today. My grandmother is a registered Democrat but sometimes votes straight-ticket Republican. Just like the old Reagan adage, 'I didn't leave the Democratic Party, the Democratic Party left me'
Democrats used to be good Americans.

I'm not kidding when I say that I'm seeing TRUMP signs all over when I drive around where I live, I'm seeing a LOT of them.

And I'm also not kidding when I say I haven't seen a SINGLE, BIDEN, sign... not one.

Forum List

Back