Min Wage versus Cost of Living 1970 to 2018

Would You Support a Consumer Panel to Protect the Comumer against Aggressive Cost of Living?

• Total voters
Now you pissed me off with your fucking ignorance. I lived in the Chicago area 38 years, south Carolina 14 years, Wyoming a year now Colorado, I always check the job boards and know about manufacturing.

You sir are full of shit.

I will destroy you on this topic

there is no major turn over like you claim to manufacturing or retail you retard it takes to much investment to train, people get drunk, high , don't show up, or a lazy ass millennial that's why they get FIRED , sure their is a lot of temp jobs to start once you full fill the contract of normally 3 months you will get hired on permeant no one like to let a good employee

I have no clue what or who you intend to destroy.

All you've destroyed here is more of your already questionable integrity.

All I see is
word-salad-by-hip-is-everything_thumb-L.jpg

No I am not. You forget that Peal Harbor had just happened and a lot of scared people were running around that could have easily taken up arms and murdered anyone that looked remotely asian. Also, the ones pushing for it lied to congress and the President on what was really happening. Only 10 Governors and a Military General stood up and said this was wrong. It's just another moment in the History of the US that isn't that proud. The US had many such unproud moments.

Then it is grand that the proud moments far, far outnumber the not so proud!

Obviously you can't find any of the ten or eleven depredations of Roosevelt listed......he was a terrible President for America.....

And this:

Here is an interesting visual: imagine a triple line of the unemployed, three across, consisting of those unemployed under Hoover, in 1931. The line would have gone from Los Angeles, across the country, to the border of Maine.

What effect did Roosevelt have on the line?

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.
Folsom, "New Deal or Raw Deal"

Think Folsom was wrong?

Check it out at the US Bureau of the Census, 'Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, I-126 and Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

....so what is your point?????

In my opinion, FDR was a great war president and a terrible domestic/economic president. At the time, I believe being a great war president was far more important.

Maybe you didn't read this carefully.....

You mean this FDR??? Friend and jealous admirer of dictators.

Franklin Roosevelt…..this god, the man who employed no efforts at saving the lives of American service men…..

1. Roosevelt offered up the lives of everyone in Eastern Europe to his lord and master, Joseph 'Koba' Stalin

2. He made certain that Stalin's plans continued after his death: the creation of the United Nations

3. He extended the Depression by years.

4. He disposed of the Constitution

5. He imposed Mussolini's Fascist policies and called it 'the New Deal

6. He turned over command of our military actions in WWII to Stalin, and cost multiple thousands of US soldiers' deaths.

7. He made certain that communism survived the war, and thrived afterwards.

8. Without his efforts, there would be no Red China, no Korean War, and no Vietnamese War

9. ...and he is the proximate explanation for the cultural Marxism prevalent in society today.

10. He was a racist and a bigot how wanted only those ‘with the right sort of blood.’ Sounds like a Nazis, huh?
You're also forgetting where he threw Japanese-Americans into internment camps and threw away the unwritten rule about only 2 terms.

No I am not. You forget that Peal Harbor had just happened and a lot of scared people were running around that could have easily taken up arms and murdered anyone that looked remotely asian. Also, the ones pushing for it lied to congress and the President on what was really happening. Only 10 Governors and a Military General stood up and said this was wrong. It's just another moment in the History of the US that isn't that proud. The US had many such unproud moments.
Pearl Harbor happened BECAUSE of FDR and his decision to stick his dick in Asian affairs. Who gives a fuck if Japan rapes Korea and China? Japan had no interest in the USA aside from trading resources with us. He went ahead and set up an embargo that MADE Japan our enemy. Otherwise, Japan would have kept their land war going (like all Asians do), and left us along.

An unproud moment... Yes... By your fucking savior. Don't forget that one.

And then there would be Australia. And then there would be India. And then there would be........
If we're friends and financial partners with Japan what would it matter? They were no threat to us, and we benefited from them financially. The Japanese empire would have collapsed eventually anyway (as all do) and we would have done little more than profited from everyone else's conflicts. Oh, boo hoo. It's not morally right. Well, I say we should do what's right for Americans and have Americans prosper, rather than do what's right for everyone and have Americans struggle along with everyone else.

In my opinion, FDR was a great war president and a terrible domestic/economic president. At the time, I believe being a great war president was far more important.
But that was his problem. If he had just kept his dick focused on our own country, we could have just profited on everyone else's war. We make weapons and ammunition and sell 'em off to everyone else. Everyone else suffers economically from war while the USA benefits off it. Instead FDR fucked with Japan and that knocked us into the war with everyone else.

But that was his problem. If he had just kept his dick focused on our own country, we could have just profited on everyone else's war. We make weapons and ammunition and sell 'em off to everyone else. Everyone else suffers economically from war while the USA benefits off it. Instead FDR fucked with Japan and that knocked us into the war with everyone else.

Modern American History would be an excellent topic for you to take up.

How World War II Began in the Pacific

I think he is right about IT remember 60 minutes people complaining getting fired and having to train people to do their jobs, also read they are in cahoots with each other to keep salary's low.

Please step up and show us your, or Picaro's sources proving your allegations in this post from your good bud!

"Around here they use 'temp agencies' mostly; you aren't going to get a full time job at most places, except on a temporary basis. Silly Con Valley just got investigated for non-competitive practices in wages among employers and agreements to not steal each other's employees. Walmart has a lot of turnover. It's worse in 'right to work 'states. Like I said, most jobs created are low skilled service industry jobs; how much training does one need to stock shelves at Walmart? Work a delivery route?"

Bear513, are you sure you want to go down with the sinking boat known as Picaro. Then please support the above malarkey.

I don't need to; I post info for those who never hear the other side and they're free to look it up for themselves; you want to play 'I Touched You Last!!!' like some schoolyard crybaby. If this were a debating site I might play, if a serious and informed poster came along, but it isn't a debate site, it's just a playground for assorted ideologues, deviants, sociopaths, and Party shills of one stripe or another, so little point in putting out effort to post 200 years of U.S. economic history just because some hack makes demands he wouldn't do himself on others.

Here's clue: If Silly Con Valley wants cheap production workers, they can move to a part of the country its employees can afford to live, and to help them make that decision the govt. can quit issuing green cards to the idiots.

No you're the fucker who is trying to insist the way they do things is the same all over the country you're smoking crack.

I know people in Seneca south Carolina making over 50 grand a year being operators at the Chinese drill factor, Electrical panel, battery and transmission factory's they don't let people go to save money they invest too much to train good employees who show up not drunk or high.

Rubbish. If you're attracting nothing but 'lazy dopeheads and drunks', it's because the company has a local rep for being a shithole run by assholes, that's all. Plus. you probably pay crap wages to boot. Quit trying to blame 'Da Guvmint' for your compnay's lousy management skills.

Ah, now we're being infested with the 'poor Japanese Were poor hapless victims of FDR' nonsense, so this thread is dead. lol

Obviously you can't find any of the ten or eleven depredations of Roosevelt listed......he was a terrible President for America.....

And this:

Here is an interesting visual: imagine a triple line of the unemployed, three across, consisting of those unemployed under Hoover, in 1931. The line would have gone from Los Angeles, across the country, to the border of Maine.

Well, eight years later, in 1939, the length of the line would have gone further, from the Maine border, south to Boston, then on to New York City, then to Philadelphia, on to Washington, D.C.- and finally, into Virginia.

Think Folsom was wrong?

Check it out at the US Bureau of the Census, 'Historical Statistics of the United States: Colonial Times to 1970, I-126 and Unemployment Statistics during the Great Depression

Actually, M, in another thread, and with more time, I believe I can convince you otherwise.

When you allow in millions of low-wage people, they are going have a low wage standard of living. Thus the average standard of living will decline. Cut off illegal immigration, and that will reverse.

I always like the "decline in economic mobility". All during the time when government has increased assistance and regulation, economic mobility has declined? Crazy. Almost like that's what we on the right wing have been saying.....

No it won't. Due to jobs disappearing to overseas losses, that alone has pushed the "Service" jobs percentage up. And it's the service jobs that are the primary min wage. But the biggest culprit, by far, is the loss of medium paying jobs to automation. And it's going to just get worse. You want to blame it all on illegals. Hate to break your bubble but illegals have little to do with it.

Even the fast foods are slowly changing to automation. When you go into a McDonalds, you have a choice to order at the counter or use one of the kiosks. They cut back on their counter help. One of these days you will go into MickeyDs and there won't be any counter help. In fact, even the back room food prep will be automated. About the only human on duty will be the human manager. This isn't a fad. It's a fact of life.

Tell me, what job can't you do with an AI in the very near future? I can't think of a single one. As the jobs are taken over by automation the workers are left with just min wage jobs until, those too, are taken by automation. We are less than 10 years away from this happening. So don't get too secure in your current job. You may be cleaning Motel Rooms for a living.

Maybe you didn't read this carefully.....

You mean this FDR??? Friend and jealous admirer of dictators.

Franklin Roosevelt…..this god, the man who employed no efforts at saving the lives of American service men…..

1. Roosevelt offered up the lives of everyone in Eastern Europe to his lord and master, Joseph 'Koba' Stalin

2. He made certain that Stalin's plans continued after his death: the creation of the United Nations

3. He extended the Depression by years.

4. He disposed of the Constitution

5. He imposed Mussolini's Fascist policies and called it 'the New Deal

6. He turned over command of our military actions in WWII to Stalin, and cost multiple thousands of US soldiers' deaths.

7. He made certain that communism survived the war, and thrived afterwards.

8. Without his efforts, there would be no Red China, no Korean War, and no Vietnamese War

9. ...and he is the proximate explanation for the cultural Marxism prevalent in society today.

10. He was a racist and a bigot how wanted only those ‘with the right sort of blood.’ Sounds like a Nazis, huh?
You're also forgetting where he threw Japanese-Americans into internment camps and threw away the unwritten rule about only 2 terms.

Pearl Harbor happened BECAUSE of FDR and his decision to stick his dick in Asian affairs. Who gives a fuck if Japan rapes Korea and China? Japan had no interest in the USA aside from trading resources with us. He went ahead and set up an embargo that MADE Japan our enemy. Otherwise, Japan would have kept their land war going (like all Asians do), and left us along.

An unproud moment... Yes... By your fucking savior. Don't forget that one.

And then there would be Australia. And then there would be India. And then there would be........
If we're friends and financial partners with Japan what would it matter? They were no threat to us, and we benefited from them financially. The Japanese empire would have collapsed eventually anyway (as all do) and we would have done little more than profited from everyone else's conflicts. Oh, boo hoo. It's not morally right. Well, I say we should do what's right for Americans and have Americans prosper, rather than do what's right for everyone and have Americans struggle along with everyone else.

You aren't going to let this go are you. Well, I don't think I want to play so I'll just take my football and go home.

What was your point by posting this link?

-----
Moving Towards War with the US
The American oil embargo caused a crisis in Japan. Reliant on the US for 80% of its oil, the Japanese were forced to decide between withdrawing from China, negotiating an end to the conflict, or going to war to obtain the needed resources elsewhere.
-----

And which of the three options did they decide to do? GO TO WAR! Instead, we should have just kept supplying the oil and making money until they became self-sufficient. If FDR had just let them do their thing, we would have made a powerful ally up until their empire collapses. They'd have plenty of revolts which would require more trade. We would have been enjoying the prosperity of peace and production. Instead, he set up and embargo on oil and sucked us into WWII.

-----
The American oil embargo caused a crisis in Japan. Reliant on the US for 80% of its oil, the Japanese were forced to decide between withdrawing from China, negotiating an end to the conflict, or going to war to obtain the needed resources elsewhere.
-----

And which of the three options did they decide to do? GO TO WAR! Instead, we should have just kept supplying the oil and making money until they became self-sufficient. If FDR had just let them do their thing, we would have made a powerful ally up until their empire collapses. They'd have plenty of revolts which would require more trade. We would have been enjoying the prosperity of peace and production. Instead, he set up and embargo on oil and sucked us into WWII.

Time to thin the gene pool. Have a nice day.

And this:

Think Folsom was wrong?

Actually, M, in another thread, and with more time, I believe I can convince you otherwise.

Go for it PoliticalChic. Keep in mind, I deal only in facts, not feelings. So...HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT!

-----
-----

I posted the reasons and why we could not walk away from the atrocities being committed by Japan. You're simply the Troll stirring the pot.

Stirthepot-1-M.jpg

And this:

Think Folsom was wrong?

Go for it PoliticalChic. Keep in mind, I deal only in facts, not feelings. So...HIT ME WITH YOUR BEST SHOT!

A great war president? LMFAO he gave away half of Europe for almost 50 years.

Forum List

Back