Min. wage in Australia is $15, $13 in NZ- ours is lowest in the modern world by $2..

And from where do you get such a figure? BTW, it was disposable income after tax. That figure says nothing about expenditures on necessities.
Where do you think disposable income comes from?

What does that have to do with anything? It said after tax, not after living expenses. And where did you get the 80% figure from?
It's called simple math based on the fact that you have over 4000 Au dollars versus around 2800 dollars American. With the positive exchange rate for Australia, it's just shy of 80% to spitball a figure.

Do the math yourself and see what you come up with if you want a hard number and not a spitball estimate.

The cost of living down in AU is worse than the US as a whole, so the left over (disposable) dollar you have goes less far. This means you really are not better off living in Australia although to the naive, it may seem that way. It's the same mentality that believes "Oh I still have checks in the checkbook, so I still must have money."

Not hard to see. Do try to keep up.

I think this line is even MORE telling.

Median Monthly Disposable Salary (After Tax) 4,020.41 $ 2,833.94 $ -29.51 %
Even with making almost 80% more a month, Australians had just UNDER 30% less income after basic necessities are paid for.

Hmmmmm... now just think if you are poor over there... that's costs of living that take away 30% more than being an American and being poor. Yeah, the higher minimum wage is doing so much more. I'm sure underemployment is even more rampant there than it is here, but my Google-Fu turned up no real data that could be used at this time.

I wonder if government mandated minimum wages have anything to do with that. I live in the city with the highest minimum wage in the US, I also live in the only city where the official policy of Subway is not to have $5 everyday footlongs.

San Francisco Subways Drop $5 Footlongs | Fox Business

The minimum wage quoted for Australia isn't even true. The quoted wage is actually for someone with four years of experience!

Minimum wage starts at $5.71 which is lower than ours. Liberals lie, it's what they do. Here's the minimum wage schedule for Australia.

For junior employees, the minimum rates are:
Under 16 years of age $5.71
At 16 years of age $7.34
At 17 years of age $8.96
At 18 years of age $10.59
At 19 years of age $12.80
At 20 years of age $15.15.

For apprentices, the rates are:
Year 1 of apprenticeship $9.93
Year 2 of apprenticeship $11.74
Year 3 of apprenticeship $14.45
Year 4 of apprenticeship $17.16.
National minimum wage - Pay - Fair Work Ombudsman

Did you even read what you posted? The $5 minimum wage only applies to minors.

What is the minimum wage for minors in the US?

Where do you think disposable income comes from?

What does that have to do with anything? It said after tax, not after living expenses. And where did you get the 80% figure from?
It's called simple math based on the fact that you have over 4000 Au dollars versus around 2800 dollars American. With the positive exchange rate for Australia, it's just shy of 80% to spitball a figure.

Do the math yourself and see what you come up with if you want a hard number and not a spitball estimate.

The cost of living down in AU is worse than the US as a whole, so the left over (disposable) dollar you have goes less far. This means you really are not better off living in Australia although to the naive, it may seem that way. It's the same mentality that believes "Oh I still have checks in the checkbook, so I still must have money."

Not hard to see. Do try to keep up.

You are talking to a liberal, math is hard for them.

It's called simple math based on the fact that you have over 4000 Au dollars versus around 2800 dollars American.

So, pulling any old number out of your ass is now called math? On what basis do you justify saying that the average Aussie makes $4000 over an amount of time that the average American makes $2800?

For those that can add, subtract, have a skill other than being able to flip a hamburger, have no criminal felony convictions, speak fluent English without repeating "ya know what I'm sayin" every other sentence the minimum wage issue is a non issue.
I will hire them at $10 an hour as I post.
The minimum wage is for LOSERS.

But the dupes think we don't need one. Corporations will take care of us...they sure did!! Vote mega rich, myopic, corrupt cronyism Pub....idiocy

Hell That Ain't Nuthin!!!

During the previous wars especially WW2 everyone was involved. My 3rd and 4th grade classes purchased war bonds worth $18.75...one nickle or dime at a time. On Saturdays kids took a piece of scrap metal to heap up in front of the theatres and pay their admission to the matinee. Rationing was rampant. Everything from women's stockings to a belly roast at the meat market was rationed. Car tires and gasoline were the worst. After the war was over anyone who earned more than $300,000 per year paid 91% of the excess in taxes in order to settle the debt. The draft took every able bodied man up to age forty into some branch of the service.

Now an elite group who seem to be entitled by the government wouldn't dare see their kids in a combat uniform much less see them having to postpone their education at a fancy school somewhere. We live in an America I never thought I'd see..'Course I'm just 77.

Last edited:
Min. wage in Australia is $15, $13 in NZ- ours is lowest in the modern world by $2..
Then get off your ass and get a better job, loser.

But then again, you may have topped out.

Potential-Poster.jpg

Last edited:
Our effective corporate tax, what they REALLY pay, is 12%. What we need is demand, DOUBLE the min wage and pass ACA, ya GD Pub dupe morons. See sig for facts, and Pub propaganda they distract the dupes with...STUPIDEST corporate tools in the world fcs...

In reading through this, I still have not seen anyting in terms of wages and what they can buy. Aurstrailia is about seven cities and then all the rest.

They have a lot of land, but not a lot of people.

Being a former penal colony, I'd expect you'd be welcomed Franco. Your posts are a crime.

Their living costs are VERY similar to ours, except their poorest workers make $30 k a year and have health care- which is why they laugh at us behind our backs and make us look like greedy ASSHOLES and ridiculous tools, present company not excepted...

Forum List

Back