Millennials…….We were screwed

Nope
And previous generations did not have to assume so much debt just to go to college

You should be able to pay for college making minimum wage
many do, but they don't live in condos with swimming pools, go to the beach during spring break and drive new cars. most college debt is not due to education costs

we have two state schools within driving distance, another junior college. Any student working part time could pay for their schooling, with the abundance of grants and scholarships a smart student should have money left over. Our three boys all graduated without debt and lived off campus. I guess it comes down to priorities

If they chose that route sure, otherwise, I don’t buy into the self-defeating copout mindset that “The whole world is against me! I just can’t work anywhere.” BS.

It’s not that College graduates can’t find work.
But they don’t get lucrative offers like they used to

They get offered internships, Temp jobs, low paying jobs without benefits

Millennials are getting screwed

It’s not that College graduates can’t find work.
But they don’t get lucrative offers like they used to

They get offered internships, Temp jobs, low paying jobs without benefits

Millennials are getting screwed
why offer someone a lucrative money offer when they can't make change without a calculator. College grads are green, full of themselves and feel entitled, when they literally are a cost to the bottom line of any business

why offer someone a lucrative money offer when they can't make change without a calculator. College grads are green, full of themselves and feel entitled, when they literally are a cost to the bottom line of any business

College graduates have always been green

But they used to get offers where they could pay off their debt, get an apartment, get married

I did…..not so much today

many do, but they don't live in condos with swimming pools, go to the beach during spring break and drive new cars. most college debt is not due to education costs
“but they don't live in condos with swimming pools, go to the beach during spring break and drive new cars”. Bingo!

When I was re-paying my student loan that I stupidly took out at 19, I moved into a low-rent duplex, drove a 10 year old car I had bought second-hand, and enjoyed Romain noodles almost every day for lunch lol My ridiculous debt was eventually paid off, but guess what? It took me 10 years because I was a fool! I only paid the minimum monthly payment. Dumb, dumb, dumb. Yes, I chose to spend on spring break trips and summer vacations during those dumbed down years.

The good news is my poor decision to take out that horrendous revolving credit loan was a good lesson for me.

Another work obsession thread. Always remember he who retires earliest is the winner. No person is ever going to get "world's greatest worker" on their gravestone.
I was bored to tears when I retired, Init. So I decided to do something I really enjoy. I became a golf professional at age 60. I love what I do. I could care less about the money. I love golf. I love to teach.

Nope
And previous generations did not have to assume so much debt just to go to college

You should be able to pay for college making minimum wage
Why would anyone work a minimum wage job if they needed to pay for college? I worked construction and bartended to pay my way through. Both jobs paid ALOT more than minimum wage! I also drove a beater car I bought for two hundred bucks and lived in a big house with lots of roomates so my rent was low.

Bullshit they do. Maybe when you went boomer. Daughter just graduated UT, it cost serious cash every semester and book prices were criminal (if you didn't find something online)

we have two state schools within driving distance, another junior college. Any student working part time could pay for their schooling, with the abundance of grants and scholarships a smart student should have money left over. Our three boys all graduated without debt and lived off campus. I guess it comes down to priorities
When was that?

Because their state funding was cut. It's also irrelevant. It still costs more. I would not have been able to afford school now.
The State is always the reason for Statist...............We want Free money........If they become too expensive and people just say NO MAS...they are forced to lower the prices.

But in a Gov't Nanny State that loans to the moon........then tries debt forgiveness......this is the result.

Either PAY YOUR WAY or don't go.

Why would anyone work a minimum wage job if they needed to pay for college? I worked construction and bartended to pay my way through. Both jobs paid ALOT more than minimum wage! I also drove a beater car I bought for two hundred bucks and lived in a big house with lots of roomates so my rent was low.
When I was in College, I worked minimum wage jobs
Nobody wanted to train and hire someone who was only available to work a few months

Those who got Construction jobs had family in the business. Hard to get a Bartender job when you are 18-19 years old

The State is always the reason for Statist...............We want Free money........If they become too expensive and people just say NO MAS...they are forced to lower the prices.

But in a Gov't Nanny State that loans to the moon........then tries debt forgiveness......this is the result.

Either PAY YOUR WAY or don't go.
California had the strongest economy in the world for decades because if it's low cost system. Even now it's less expensive.

California had the strongest economy in the world for decades because if it's low cost system. Even now it's less expensive.
LOL. That's why they can't keep U Haul trucks there running from the place.......huh.

You lost a Rep last Census huh..........Guess that is why you need open borders to replace the people fleeing your BS.

When I was in College, I worked minimum wage jobs
Nobody wanted to train and hire someone who was only available to work a few months

Those who got Construction jobs had family in the business. Hard to get a Bartender job when you are 18-19 years old
I got a job in construction because my brothers had been employed by the same company before me and were hard workers who never called out sick. There is a building boom right now that has construction companies BEGGING for people to work...just like there was back then!
The drinking age was 18 back then and I'd already worked at the place that trained me to bartend as a prep cook and busboy for two years. They trained me for the job because they knew I was going to bust my ass to make as much money as I could.
Bottom line is this, Winger! If you REALLY want to get better paying jobs...they're there for the taking! You just need to impress upon your employer that you're worthy of them spending the time and money training you! I know this is a hard concept for someone who went through the motions for a couple decades working in the Public Sector to grasp but hard work DOES pay off in the Private Sector!

Forum List

Back