Millennials…….We were screwed

LOL. That's why they can't keep U Haul trucks there running from the place.......huh.

You lost a Rep last Census huh..........Guess that is why you need open borders to replace the people fleeing your BS.
I didn't say now. But it was those schools and UI that fostered the tech revolution.

I got a job in construction because my brothers had been employed by the same company before me and were hard workers who never called out sick. There is a building boom right now that has construction companies BEGGING for people to work...just like there was back then!
The drinking age was 18 back then and I'd already worked at the place that trained me to bartend as a prep cook and busboy for two years. They trained me for the job because they knew I was going to bust my ass to make as much money as I could.
Bottom line is this, Winger! If you REALLY want to get better paying jobs...they're there for the taking! You just need to impress upon your employer that you're worthy of them spending the time and money training you! I know this is a hard concept for someone who went through the motions for a couple decades working in the Public Sector to grasp but hard work DOES pay off in the Private Sector!
Ok Boomer.

I got a job in construction because my brothers had been employed by the same company before me and were hard workers who never called out sick. There is a building boom right now that has construction companies BEGGING for people to work...just like there was back then!
The drinking age was 18 back then and I'd already worked at the place that trained me to bartend as a prep cook and busboy for two years. They trained me for the job because they knew I was going to bust my ass to make as much money as I could.
Bottom line is this, Winger! If you REALLY want to get better paying jobs...they're there for the taking! You just need to impress upon your employer that you're worthy of them spending the time and money training you! I know this is a hard concept for someone who went through the motions for a couple decades working in the Public Sector to grasp but hard work DOES pay off in the Private Sector!

When I was in college, there was not much Construction
Classmates who knew someone could get a good paying construction job.

I could drink at 18 but I didn’t know of any 18 year old bartenders

Irrelevant to today’s College students
I paid for my college with minimum wage jobs

Today, they have to go into debt

Did someone put a gun to their head and make them go into debt............huh.

They can work for a bit .........make money and then go.

That has less to do with minimum wage, Winger than it does with the exploding cost of college tuitions!

You think people who don't go to college can't be anything but "a low cost laborer"?
That's the epitome of ignorance, tbh.
That's what people who have only worked in the Public Sector think, Orangecat! You get a liberal arts degree...get a government job...do through the motions...collect your pension and never sweat it. Let the "suckers" actually work for a living! You've got a job that you almost have to murder someone to get fired from and everyone knows it!

What's wrong with collecting a pension? There's nothing negative about that. Here we have working class criticizing working class, while the wealthy laugh all the way to the bank behind your backs.

Bullshit they do. Maybe when you went boomer. Daughter just graduated UT, it cost serious cash every semester and book prices were criminal (if you didn't find something online)
horseshit, focus on the education, leave the rest behind

The State is always the reason for Statist...............We want Free money........If they become too expensive and people just say NO MAS...they are forced to lower the prices.

But in a Gov't Nanny State that loans to the moon........then tries debt forgiveness......this is the result.

Either PAY YOUR WAY or don't go.

Exactly. Anyone who doesn't realize the cost of education is tied directly to the government loan industry is an idiot.

what an asinine statement, I have no degree and just built at 3300 sq ft house, while having a great income. Lots of people make great livings without degrees.

Statistics show college grads do significantly better in life than HS grads

It is irrefutable

What would you have earned if you had a degree?

What's wrong with collecting a pension? There's nothing negative about that. Here we have working class criticizing working class, while the wealthy laugh all the way to the bank behind your backs.
I don't know, Init...when someone like a Lois Lerner collects her huge pension every month after doing what SHE did...do you think that SHE laughs all the way to the bank with what she got away with? Winger put in years of just showing up and he's now bragging about HIS pension! Do you think HE'S laughing all the way to the bank while he sneers at those in the Private Sector? Public Sector unions have made government employees their own protected class...immune from layoffs and able to half ass their way through life. What's wrong with THEM collecting a pension? Plenty.

Forum List

Back