Millennials…….We were screwed

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Massive student debt, low paying jobs and few advancement opportunities. millennials look back and realize they have nothing to show

The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that high student loan debt caused millennials to delay major life decisions. Fewer earnings meant delaying marriage, home and car purchases, and not being able to move out of our parents' homes - or having to move back in during a crisis.

Massive student debt, low paying jobs and few advancement opportunities. millennials look back and realize they have nothing to show

The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that high student loan debt caused millennials to delay major life decisions. Fewer earnings meant delaying marriage, home and car purchases, and not being able to move out of our parents' homes - or having to move back in during a crisis.
I see you left out off-shoring, business visas and trespassers.

My son is a millennial and he will tell you that as a manager he finds millennials very irresponsible. When doing their work, they let home life and feelings dominate their day, instead of accomplishing their goals.

He prefers working with others that have more life experience and not such light weights.

Yeah they were too stupid to realize that a college degree in art history or women's studies was going to be worthless

Yeah they were too stupid to realize that a college degree in art history or women's studies was going to be worthless
Not necessarily true as many electrical and mechanical engineers found themselves replaced by BVs or having their careers off-shored.

My son is a millennial and he will tell you that as a manager he finds millennials very irresponsible. When doing their work, they let home life and feelings dominate their day, instead of accomplishing their goals.

He prefers working with others that have more life experience and not such light weights.
Nothing new about that I had to encounter the same problems the forty years I was in business management.

After WWII, America was the only intact industrialized nation.

We sold a lot of stuff and times were good.

Now Germany and Japan have rebuilt, are back to full power and we have competition so it's harder to make good money.

Racking up $100,000 in student debt for a degree in Medieval Women's Poetry affected both your earnings and advancement opportunities, eh?

Plumbers, on the other hand ...

Meh they are also the first generation who could get income contingent student loan payments so not really. Too many video games, not enough hours in the day.

I am a Baby Boomer who graduated in the late 70’s

I was able to pay for a four year degree mostly working minimum wage summer jobs. I graduated with almost no debt.

Upon graduation, I was offered a job that allowed me to get an apartment by myself and buy a new car.

I was married and bought a house within five years of graduating college.

Millennials did not get the same deal I got. Their minimum wage jobs did not come close to paying their tuition. They were forced to substitute debt with the assumption that a good paying job upon graduation would more than make up for it.

Upon graduation they found they were offered unpaid internships or Temp jobs that did not come close to cover their debt and living expenses.
So they ended up moving back with their parents and putting off marriage, home ownership and retirement funding until they were more financially stable.

Millennials got screwed

Nothing new about that I had to encounter the same problems the forty years I was in business management.
I was an owner and management, the millennials are tougher to deal with than the boomers, there are exceptions to the rules, however millennials are not that tough.

I was able to pay for a four year degree mostly working minimum wage summer jobs. I graduated with almost no debt.

Upon graduation, I was offered a job that allowed me to get an apartment by myself and buy a new car.

Millennials did not get the same deal I got. Their minimum wage jobs did not come close to paying their tuition. They were forced to substitute debt with the assumption that a good paying job upon graduation would more than make up for it.

Upon graduation they found they were offered unpaid internships or Temp jobs that did not come close to cover their debt and living expenses.
So they ended up moving back with their parents and putting off marriage, home ownership and retirement funding until they were more financially stable.

Millennials got screwed
Congratulations, you noticed that the world changed.

Millennials got screwed
My son did well Bachelors, was working before he graduated from college, same company he is with now and is in upper management, he doesn't play games, work is work and the goal is to get it done, many don't share his goal, hence they work under him.

Millennials got screwed

Illegal aliens flooded the work force at about that time. I stopped seeing high schoolers working at fast food places, and instead it was all hispanic.

The vast illegal alien population has suppressed wages for ALL Americans.

Forum List

Back