Millennials…….We were screwed

Yeah you get a degree in nursing or medicine you don't get a degree in "health care" Idiot.

:laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Healthcare is a field of study
You don’t get a degree in Engineering or History either

:laughing0301: :laughing0301:

Healthcare is a field of study
You don’t get a degree in Engineering or History either
You don't get degrees in History? Wow and you went to college?

Drs all get the same degree in medicine THEN they specialize

If tuition were the only expense that went up for those making minimum wage, you might have a point

When I, the Baby Boomer, made $2.10 an hour, I could buy a new car after six months work. At $7.25 an hour today it takes you over a year.
Gas for that car? I could buy 7 gallons at $2.10 you can buy 2 gallons at $7.25 today
Congratulations, you've identified inflation. Now, if those things you bought were the same things then as they are now, you might have a point.

1. That new car? Back then, it had an engine, a manual transmission, some seats and some tires. If it was hot, you opened the windows, and if you wanted to drink a beer, you held it. Today it has multiple new safety systems, air bags, the engine and exhaust system have multiple emissions reducing technologies built in, the transmission shifts more efficiently than you could slam that 4 on the four, it has air conditioning with multiple comfort zones, heated seats, many cup holders, multiple phone charging ports, BlueTooth connectivity to said phones, a GPS system with automatic help call capability, lane tracking ability, adaptive cruise control, need I go on? All of those things cost money.

2. That gasoline? Back then, it came from Texas and Oklahoma, was easy to find, easy to pump, easy to transport and there was plenty of refining capacity. Today's gasoline, OTOH, is harder to find, harder to extract, comes from volatile countries that love to control supply to keep prices high, has to be transported around the world, and we haven't built a new refinery in decades. Apples to oranges.

OTOH, a color TV back then would cost you around $3300 in today's money, while you can pick one up for a $100 at Walmart today. You couldn't even buy a cell phone then. If you wanted to make a call from your car, you could do it for $4,000. Today you can get a phone with more processing power than the Apollo missions carried, and you can get one for $20.

So, the point could very well be made that the Baby Boomers got the short end of the stick. When was the last time you pulled out a paper map, unfolded it and tried to figure out where you were? When was the last time you put money into a machine to make a call?

Last edited:
Congratulations, you've identified inflation. Now, if those things you bought were the same things then as they are now, you might have a point.

1. That new car? Back then, it had an engine, a manual transmission, some seats and some tires. If it was hot, you opened the windows, and if you wanted to drink a beer, you held it. Today it has multiple new safety systems, air bags, the engine and exhaust system have multiple emissions reducing technologies built in, the transmission shifts more efficiently than you could slam that 4 on the four, it has air conditioning with multiple comfort zones, heated seats, many cup holders, multiple phone charging ports, BlueTooth connectivity to said phones, a GPS system with automatic help call capability, lane tracking ability, adaptive cruise control, need I go on? All of those things cost money.

2. That gasoline? Back then, it came from Texas and Oklahoma, was easy to find, easy to pump, easy to transport and there was plenty of refining capacity. Today's gasoline, OTOH, is harder to find, harder to extract, comes from volatile countries that love to control supply to keep prices high, has to be transported around the world, and we haven't built a new refinery in decades. Apples to oranges.

OTOH, a color TV back then would cost you around $3300 in today's money, while you can pick one up for a $100 at Walmart today. You couldn't even buy a cell phone then. If you wanted to make a call from your car, you could do it for $4,000. Today you can get a phone with more processing power than the Apollo missions carried.

So, the point could very well be made that the Baby Boomers got the short end of the stick. When was the last time you pulled out a paper map, unfolded it and tried to figure out where you were? When was the last time you put money into a machine to make a call?
Yes
Something called inflation

Something that hasn’t been reflected in increased minimum wages or starting salaries for millennials

Yes
Something called inflation

Something that hasn’t been reflected in increased minimum wages or starting salaries for millennials
Inflation is a bad thing, so why are we flooding the economy with printed money?

My first IT job paid $7.10/hr. I think starting salaries have gone up.

Why are we flooding the market with cheap labor, Just briing in more illegals and watch the wages decline

Is this why Millennial's music sucks? That half time show last night showed Generation X ruled musically. If only Biggy and Tupac could have been there.
What?

No Fresh Prince?

1644853887114.jpeg

Massive student debt, low paying jobs and few advancement opportunities. millennials look back and realize they have nothing to show

The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that high student loan debt caused millennials to delay major life decisions. Fewer earnings meant delaying marriage, home and car purchases, and not being able to move out of our parents' homes - or having to move back in during a crisis.

Don't worry, Joe Biden is forgiving your student loans and giving you "free" college, just like he promised!

Oh, wait...

LOL

Inflation is a bad thing, so why are we flooding the economy with printed money?

My first IT job paid $7.10/hr. I think starting salaries have gone up.
When I graduated from college in the mid 90's I hoped to make 80K a year with my college degree. IT Administrators with a basic MCSE or CNA certification that takes a week or the full one takes less than a year, those IT Admins were making $80K.

Then the market got flooded with them and basic admins went down to $50K.

Medical biller used to be a great job then they flooded the market with them.

Massive student debt, low paying jobs and few advancement opportunities. millennials look back and realize they have nothing to show

The Bureau of Labor Statistics states that high student loan debt caused millennials to delay major life decisions. Fewer earnings meant delaying marriage, home and car purchases, and not being able to move out of our parents' homes - or having to move back in during a crisis.

Obama: Greatest predatory lender in human history! Got millions of students to take out TRILLIONS in debt!

Haha - that's some funny stuff right there!
I know what they need!!.... more extended child credits!!... more extended unemployment!!!.... more rent deferments!!!
Then everything will be fair again.
Oh... and white people bad.

Haha - that's some funny stuff right there!
I know what they need!!.... more extended child credits!!... more extended unemployment!!!.... more rent deferments!!!
Then everything will be fair again.
Oh... and white people bad.

Better paying jobs would be a start

Forum List

Back