Millennials…….We were screwed

It did

And Millennials got screwed out of the American Dream
Which was only made possible because we were the big dog on the block after WWII. We were the only manufacturing power on the planet, so we could charge premium prices and sustain high profit margins, which in turn allowed us to sustain lavish pensions and retirement funds. What do you want, another war in which we destroy the manufacturing bases of our competitors?

Which was only made possible because we were the big dog on the block after WWII. We were the only manufacturing power on the planet, so we could charge premium prices and sustain high profit margins, which in turn allowed us to sustain lavish pensions and retirement funds. What do you want, another war in which we destroy the manufacturing bases of our competitors?

If Millennials were not saddled with a minimum wage that doesn’t pay their tuition and a stagnant job market after the Bush recession, they would not be in such poor financial shape

If Millennials were not saddled with a minimum wage that doesn’t pay their tuition and a stagnant job market after the Bush recession, they would not be in such poor financial shape
Here's a question for you. How many millennials are working for MW?

Here's a question for you. How many millennials are working for MW?
The problem is the minimum wage they were making while they were trying to pay tuition

They ended up subsidizing the poor minimum wage with student loans

The problem is the minimum wage they were making while they were trying to pay tuition

Hmmm. You seem fixated on the MW while ignoring the cost of tuition. Would you care to address the skyrocketing cost of tuition and its causes?

No one says you have to get a degree in 4 years.

I know lots of people who got a college degree in 5 or 6 years and did it with no debt

More RW propaganda

The overwhelming majority of college degrees are in business, education, healthcare, STEM
Business?

Another worthless degree.
Education? Those who can't do...
And what's a health care degree? Drs and nurses have no trouble getting a job

Well, won’t they get their parents money when they die? They’ll be the richest 65 year old generation yet.

Business?

Another worthless degree.
Education? Those who can't do...
And what's a health care degree? Drs and nurses have no trouble getting a job

Whats a healthcare degree?
:auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg: :auiqs.jpg:

You want to put your life in the hands of someone with a HS Diploma?

Hmmm. You seem fixated on the MW while ignoring the cost of tuition. Would you care to address the skyrocketing cost of tuition and its causes?

If tuition were the only expense that went up for those making minimum wage, you might have a point

When I, the Baby Boomer, made $2.10 an hour, I could buy a new car after six months work. At $7.25 an hour today it takes you over a year.
Gas for that car? I could buy 7 gallons at $2.10 you can buy 2 gallons at $7.25 today

I am a Baby Boomer who graduated in the late 70’s

I was able to pay for a four year degree mostly working minimum wage summer jobs. I graduated with almost no debt.

Upon graduation, I was offered a job that allowed me to get an apartment by myself and buy a new car.

I was married and bought a house within five years of graduating college.

Millennials did not get the same deal I got. Their minimum wage jobs did not come close to paying their tuition. They were forced to substitute debt with the assumption that a good paying job upon graduation would more than make up for it.

Upon graduation they found they were offered unpaid internships or Temp jobs that did not come close to cover their debt and living expenses.
So they ended up moving back with their parents and putting off marriage, home ownership and retirement funding until they were more financially stable.

Millennials got screwed
It i there own fault for taking loans that they could not pay off.

Forum List

Back