Microsoft will upgrade pirated Windows versions to genuine Windows 10

This is announced by Terry Myerson, head of Microsoft´s Windows operating system unit.

"We are upgrading all qualified PCs, genuine and non-genuine, to Windows 10,” he said in a telephone interview with Reuters.

Microsoft Tackles China Piracy With Free Upgrade to Windows 10 Re code
Anyone have a product key for Windows 7 Ultimate?
I don´t know if even non-activated Windows copies will be upgraded so it is doubtful if keys would help you.

For WIndows I can't imagine using non-supported copy.
You will not receive updates, specifically security upgrades. And it is a new OS, likely to have holes.
Sounds like a terrible idea.

For WIndows I can't imagine using non-supported copy.
You will not receive updates, specifically security upgrades. And it is a new OS, likely to have holes.
Sounds like a terrible idea.
I guess, this was only a statement for the public. Microsoft never fought piracy of its products in order to boost its market share and these ominous non-genuine Windows copies are unknown to me. I mean, once I purchased a PC in a second hand store and a burned copy of non-genuine XP was attached.

As for the other Windows copies I own, they all are genuine and I own XP, Vista, 7 and 8. Look here, how the watermark disappears after activation. I can apply updates and all with it the normal way and I am sure, there will be no problem generating a genuine Windows 10 copy from it.

Forum List

Back