Michigan School Shooting, 3 dead.

Laws holding people responsible for what their guns do have not been found unconstitutional as far as I know.

Didn't say that....I stated Heller found mandatory gun locks UnConstitutional.......likely any form of mandatory storage laws as well...

3. The handgun ban and the trigger-lock requirement (as applied to self-defense) violate the Second Amendment.
----

We must also address the District’s requirement (as applied to respondent’s handgun) that firearms in the home be rendered and kept inoperable at all times. This makes it impossible for citizens to use them for the core lawful purpose of self-defense and is hence unconstitu tional. The District argues that we should interpret this element of the statute to contain an exception for self- defense. See Brief for Petitioners 56–57. But we think that is precluded by the unequivocal text, and by the presence of certain other enumerated exceptions: “Except for law enforcement personnel . . . , each registrant shall keep any firearm in his possession unloaded and disas sembled or bound by a trigger lock or similar device unless such firearm is kept at his place of business, or while being used for lawful recreational purposes within the District of Columbia.” D. C. Code §7–2507.02. The non existence of a self-defense exception is also suggested by the D. C. Court of Appeals’ statement that the statute forbids residents to use firearms to stop intruders, see McIntosh v. Washington, 395 A. 2d 744, 755–756 (1978).2
-----
In sum, we hold that the District’s ban on handgun possession in the home violates the Second Amendment, as does its prohibition against rendering any lawful fire arm in the home operable for the purpose of immediate self-defense.

How many parents think their kid is capable of shooting up a school house?

That is a good question. I read where this family got a lawyer and told their kid not to talk to the police at all, both of which are fully in their rights to do.

It makes me wonder how I would address such a thing if it were my child.

Didn't say that....I stated Heller found mandatory gun locks UnConstitutional.......likely any form of mandatory storage laws as well...

And in the Michigan law it was just listed as a suggestion, you are picking at a nit while ignoring the point.

Based on their law it seems the family/father is very much culpable in what happened for not controlling the access to the gun.

Dead children is the price of freedom for ‘merica. If Sandy Hook’s visual of a man calmly shooting 5 & 6 year olds point blank at their desk with their head down and eyes closed as directed by their teacher doesn’t move them… then nothing will move the dead hearts of American bastard 2nd amendment folks.

Let’s just admit that indiscriminately murdered children at school is as American as Apple Pie.

Yeah...no.........you are a typical, lying, fascist, left wing anti-gun extremist....

Americans use their legal guns 1.2 million times a year to stop rapes, robberies, murders, beatings, stabbings,......according to the Centers for Disease Control....

Meanwhile...how many mass public shootings were there in 2019...in a country of over 330 million people...

12...none of them school shootings.......

In 2020....2 mass public shootings....no school shootings.....

14 people out of 330 million over a two year period........none of them shot up schools.....

How the leftist, fascist, anti-gun extremists lie about mass public shootings........in order to stampede uninformed Americans in to giving them more power...

The problem is how Bryant and his 20 staffers define mass shootings.

When most people hear the term “mass shooting,” they picture a crazed gunman stalking the halls of a school or a shopping mall, coldly and randomly executing innocent young victims.

What does not come to mind are rival drug crews shooting it out in Chicago or Detroit, or a madman murdering his entire family, which no sane person would consider a mass shooting. The GVA makes no such distinction. If four people are wounded, the GVA labels it a mass shooting regardless of the circumstances, and the media and anti-gun politicians lap up the GVA’s inflated stats.
----

When I interviewed Bryant in July for our special report, I asked him if he actually believed that the average news consumer even considers domestic violence or gang warfare when they hear the term mass shooting. Bryant replied, “I don’t know. I know what we want to do is provide numbers and let the journalists, advocates and ‘congress critters’ look at the data, glean details and drill down on it.”

Unfortunately, today’s legacy journalists and anti-rights politicians are too lazy to do any drilling down. They prefer to cut and paste Bryan’s off-the-charts stats.
The bottom line: Bryant and his GVA know full well they’re supplying flawed data, which the media treats as gospel. I’m guessing Bryant and his anti-gun pals are laughing about it, too.

Fake News: CNN Reports Over 640 Mass Shootings in 2021 - The Truth About Guns

“We drill down to granularity of the street level, which is what the FBI doesn’t do,” he said.
According to their new report titled: “Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2020,” the FBI defines active shootings as:

• Shootings in public places
  • Shootings occurring at more than one location
  • Shootings where the shooter’s actions were not the result of another criminal act
  • Shootings resulting in a mass killing
  • Shootings indicating apparent spontaneity by the shooter
  • Shootings where the shooter appeared to methodically search for potential victims
  • Shootings that appeared focused on injury to people, not buildings or objects
Shootings were excluded from the FBI’s list if they were the result of:
  • Self-defense
  • Gang violence
  • Drug violence
  • Contained residential or domestic disputes
  • Controlled barricade/hostage situations
  • Crossfire as a byproduct of another ongoing criminal act
  • An action that appeared not to have put other people in peril
By comparison, the Gun Violence Archive excludes nothing, even if the shooting is gang or drug related – the two main causes of most violence in the country today.

Asked if he believed that the average news consumer even considers domestic violence or gang warfare when they hear the term mass shooting, Bryant said, “I don’t know. I know what we want to do is provide numbers and let the journalists, advocates and ‘congress critters’ look at the data, glean details and drill down on it.”
Special Report: The Gun Violence Archive And Its Scaring Of America

I’d say the parents have the primary responsibility. You’re responsible for your own kids. Not the school, not TV, not the internet.
Not sure if it is a law or not but the parents should be charged with criminal negligence. The father just bought the gun a few days before and the kid had access to it? My gosh, we have seen what happens when an immature juvenile has access to weapons.

Dead children is the price of freedom for ‘merica. If Sandy Hook’s visual of a man calmly shooting 5 & 6 year olds point blank at their desk with their head down and eyes closed as directed by their teacher doesn’t move them… then nothing will move the dead hearts of American bastard 2nd amendment folks.

Let’s just admit that indiscriminately murdered children at school is as American as Apple Pie.

30 or 40 of these happen every week in your shithole DemoKKKrat-run cities, and you don't care at all.

How the leftist, fascist, anti-gun extremists lie about mass public shootings........in order to stampede uninformed Americans in to giving them more power...

The problem is how Bryant and his 20 staffers define mass shootings.

When most people hear the term “mass shooting,” they picture a crazed gunman stalking the halls of a school or a shopping mall, coldly and randomly executing innocent young victims.

What does not come to mind are rival drug crews shooting it out in Chicago or Detroit, or a madman murdering his entire family, which no sane person would consider a mass shooting. The GVA makes no such distinction. If four people are wounded, the GVA labels it a mass shooting regardless of the circumstances, and the media and anti-gun politicians lap up the GVA’s inflated stats.
----

When I interviewed Bryant in July for our special report, I asked him if he actually believed that the average news consumer even considers domestic violence or gang warfare when they hear the term mass shooting. Bryant replied, “I don’t know. I know what we want to do is provide numbers and let the journalists, advocates and ‘congress critters’ look at the data, glean details and drill down on it.”

Unfortunately, today’s legacy journalists and anti-rights politicians are too lazy to do any drilling down. They prefer to cut and paste Bryan’s off-the-charts stats.
The bottom line: Bryant and his GVA know full well they’re supplying flawed data, which the media treats as gospel. I’m guessing Bryant and his anti-gun pals are laughing about it, too.

Fake News: CNN Reports Over 640 Mass Shootings in 2021 - The Truth About Guns

“We drill down to granularity of the street level, which is what the FBI doesn’t do,” he said.
According to their new report titled: “Active Shooter Incidents in the United States in 2020,” the FBI defines active shootings as:

• Shootings in public places
  • Shootings occurring at more than one location
  • Shootings where the shooter’s actions were not the result of another criminal act
  • Shootings resulting in a mass killing
  • Shootings indicating apparent spontaneity by the shooter
  • Shootings where the shooter appeared to methodically search for potential victims
  • Shootings that appeared focused on injury to people, not buildings or objects
Shootings were excluded from the FBI’s list if they were the result of:
  • Self-defense
  • Gang violence
  • Drug violence
  • Contained residential or domestic disputes
  • Controlled barricade/hostage situations
  • Crossfire as a byproduct of another ongoing criminal act
  • An action that appeared not to have put other people in peril
By comparison, the Gun Violence Archive excludes nothing, even if the shooting is gang or drug related – the two main causes of most violence in the country today.

Asked if he believed that the average news consumer even considers domestic violence or gang warfare when they hear the term mass shooting, Bryant said, “I don’t know. I know what we want to do is provide numbers and let the journalists, advocates and ‘congress critters’ look at the data, glean details and drill down on it.”
Special Report: The Gun Violence Archive And Its Scaring Of America
They obviously exclude gang warfare because we have thousands of mass shootings every year in Chicago.

Not sure if it is a law or not but the parents should be charged with criminal negligence. The father just bought the gun a few days before and the kid had access to it? My gosh, we have seen what happens when an immature juvenile has access to weapons.
That's why they're not talking. He bought the gun 4 days before this. He'll be facing charges.

Does anyone know if it was locked up or not......?

Seems unlikely since the 15 year old got ahold of it.

This is what the Michigan law states....

You may be criminally and civilly liable for any harm caused by a person less than 18 years of age who lawfully gains unsupervised access to your firearm if unlawfully stored. As such, a trigger lock, gun case or other device designed to prevent unauthorized access to a firearm is strongly recommended

Seems unlikely since the 15 year old got ahold of it.

This is what the Michigan law states....

You may be criminally and civilly liable for any harm caused by a person less than 18 years of age who lawfully gains unsupervised access to your firearm if unlawfully stored. As such, a trigger lock, gun case or other device designed to prevent unauthorized access to a firearm is strongly recommended

Trigger locks are unConstitutional.....mandatory storage is likely unConstitutional too.......

Trigger locks are unConstitutional.....mandatory storage is likely unConstitutional too.......

What is with you people? Pick at the nits and miss the point.

That is why the state said this....strongly recommended

Do you know what those words mean?

When will there be some controls over the amount of guns in America?
The kid used one handgun. You think taking guns from other people is the solution?
Other Men.jpg

The next school shooter will certainly be a good guy and likely an NRA member in good standing.
Certainly? How do you arrive at that conclusion, Einstein? Since not ONE has been associated with the NRA or GOA, how do you justify your conclusion?

I don't think they gave out that info.

When I was growing up, my dad proudly displayed his guns out in the open. We all 7nderstood not to touch them, even as young children. Just better days I guess
When I was a kid in the 60s and early 70s, it was common in semi-rural areas for there to be a "gun rack" in the rear window of a pickup's cab. Usually guys had a shotgun or rifle there and no one thought it odd or threatening. It wasn't until moral degeneracy took hold that weapons like that became a threat to innocent folks.

Forum List

Back