Michigan Gov Gretchen: I Run This State

Oh my....so you want to put millions of people at risk to keep another group of people from not being at risk, I see.
Oh yeah? You go ahead and show us your math on that. Define these groups and how many people are in them. Thanks.

Oh my....so you want to put millions of people at risk to keep another group of people from not being at risk, I see.
Oh yeah? You go ahead and show us your math on that. Define these groups and how many people are in them. Thanks.
The unemployed, doooofus. I know you still live in your mom's basement, but most do not.

When a gay swingers bar is deemed essential over any other person's livelihood, I call a foul.
I know you don't, because you will just make up shit to fit your mantra, but.....

Approximately 24 percent of Michigan's labor force has filed for unemployment in the past five weeks as the COVID-19 outbreak continues to devastate the economy.

The five-week total smashes all previously recorded unemployment records at 1.18 million new unemployment claims between March 15 and April 18.

Last edited:
The unemployed
So, your question is, are we willing to put 40 million people at risk of being temporarily unemployed to lessen the risk for 360 million people, including those unemployed ...?

Do i have that right? Be very clear. Because i am pretty sure you dont have any fucking clue what you are saying.

The unemployed
So, your question is, are we willing to put 40 million people at risk of being temporarily unemployed to lessen the risk for 360 million people, including those unemployed ...?

Do i have that right? Be very clear. Because i am pretty sure you dont have any fucking clue what you are saying.
I have a great idea...

Let's let states that have a lower risk of dying from Covid 19 reopen, and keep the states with a higher risk locked down!!!

And of course, we need to ban people from the high risk states from crossing a state line in order to cut down on the possible spread of the virus!!!

The unemployed

360 million people are not at risk....lets be clear on that. Outside of a few hot spots in the US the rest of the country
is moving on successfully taking the necessary precautions. So your fear mongering is duly noted. It's what you twits do.
It's political, and if you had any honesty (you don't) you would admit it.

And if people get sick at work...here come the lawsuits and I ain't defending the business if they haven't taken every last safety measures. I think we need alot of whistleblowers out in the workforce turning in reckless employers.

The unemployed

360 million people are not at risk....lets be clear on that. Outside of a few hot spots in the US the rest of the country
is moving on successfully taking the necessary precautions. So your fear mongering is duly noted. It's what you twits do.
It's political, and if you had any honesty (you don't) you would admit it.
I agree...

A lot of states have handled it pretty well, (but there are exceptions)...

From my link (above)...

Your chance of dying from COVID-19 is notably higher if you live in a blue state.

In our 26 red states, the average coronavirus death rate per million is about 82. In the 24 blue states, plus the District of Columbia, it’s about 235. On average, then, you are about 2.9 times more likely to die of COVID-19 if you live a blue state than if you live in a red state. But averages mean little in the real world. If you live in New York, your chance of dying of coronavirus is 11 times higher than if you live in Georgia. The numbers change depending on the relative states, of course, but the most predictive factor is whether you prefer blue or red. The former preference appears to be bad for your health.

Let's let states that have a lower risk of dying from Covid 19 reopen, and keep the states with a higher risk locked down!!!
Cool idea! And do you plan yo close the state borders? What are your metrics for risk, and how do you plan to compile the data to calculate risk? Since we still don't know much about the virus, you're going to have a pretty tough time.

Or we can travel back in time, choose a more competent leader, and implement a nationwide testing program. Oops, cant do that.

Looks like we have to just make up shit, then! Carry on...

Cool idea! And do you plan yo close the state borders? What are your metrics for risk, and how do you plan to compile the data to calculate risk? Since we still don't know much about the virus, you're going to have a pretty tough time.

Or we can travel back in time, choose a more competent leader, and implement a nationwide testing program. Oops, cant do that.

Looks like we have to just make up shit, then! Carry on...
It's really pretty simple to calculate risk...

If you read the article I linked to, it provides a link that shows you the number of reported Covid 19 deaths per million people... BY STATE!!!

The higher the death rate, the worse the state is getting hammered...

And BTW, it clearly demonstrates which states have competent leadership, and which ones don't!!!

you read the article I linked to, it provides a link that shows you the number of reported Covid 19 deaths per million people... BY STATE!!!
That, of course, is not enough information to calculate risk.

Your "plan" doesnt seem to be anything more than a thought that fizzled into your colon.

you read the article I linked to, it provides a link that shows you the number of reported Covid 19 deaths per million people... BY STATE!!!
That, of course, is not enough information to calculate risk.

Your "plan" doesnt seem to be anything more than a thought that fizzled into your colon.
Deaths per million is the accepted (and only logical) way to calculate risk...

The higher the death rate, the higher the risk...

Last edited:
Wretched Gretchen is a tyrant! she belongs in 1930s Germany, not in 2020 USA... she can go to hell! :mad-61:

She will be recalled and removed from office. Michigan is a solid red state now. Thanks Gov half Whitmer!
Good luck with that. This poll is from 7 days ago.

A Washington Post-Ipsos poll finds that 72 percent of Michigan residents overall approve of Gov. Gretchen Whitmer's handling of the coronavirus outbreak.

The sample for Whitmer wasn't large enough to estimate results by party. But the paper notes that a stand-alone Fox News poll in April found 64 percent of registered voters approved of Whitmer’s handling of the situation, including 90 percent of Democrats compared with 35 percent of Republicans.
NY Times 2 weeks before Trump won by a landslide:
View attachment 338615

Trump did not win in a landslide. He narrowly won in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Florida. It is about time you learn that 2020 is not 2016. You had 2 unpopular candidates and voters didn't want either of them. 25% were voting against the other candidate and that is why Trump won since he was the devil we don't know. Now Trump is the devil we know and Biden is not as unpopular as Trump is.

Democrats left the working man behind, and went identity politics, ya know men in lady's bathrooms.

Republicans have left the working people behind. They are concerned about the rich and powerful.
Buy a new talking point, that one expired when you Democrat’s assassinated Abe.

Forum List

Back