Michelle Rodriguez: Stop stealing white people's superheroes... Make your own

Is this thread really about a wetback crying over black super heroes?

Michelle Rodriguez on that white superhero thing - CNN.com

(CNN)Actress Michelle Rodriguez challenged racial minorities in Hollywood to "develop their own mythology" and tell their own stories instead of recasting traditionally white characters as different races.

"It's not about taking Catwoman or Superman or Green Lantern or whatever these characters are and trying to make them fit to whatever cultural background you are," the "Fast and Furious" star said in a video posted on Facebook on Saturday.

"I think that people should stop being lazy and that people should make an effort in Hollywood to develop their own mythology."

Within 24 hours its posting on Saturday, the video had been viewed nearly 2 million times.

The comments come after Rodriguez was caught on camera Friday saying that minorities should stop "stealing ... white people's superheroes." Rodriguez, who identifies as Puerto Rican and Dominican, was walking to her car when TMZ asked her about rumors that she might be cast in the traditionally male role of superhero Green Lantern, last played by Ryan Reynolds.

She dismissed the rumor as "the dumbest thing I've ever heard." She followed it up with, "It's so stupid. It's like, 'Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes.' ... Make up your own. You know what I'm saying?"

God, I couldn't agree more. As a comic book fan, I rant on about this all the time. The last Captain America movie had the Falcon in it. Marvel is currently working on a Black Panther film. Blade was a very successful franchise. Is it necessary to make the Human Torch a black guy? :dunno:
She can come be My wonder woman anytime!

it isn't a race thing.....the woman who plays Abbey on NCIS...for 12 years.....was on the Ellen show.....she said she is a natural blond but the character has black hair....she would like to be blond on the show, bit the fans might not accept a blond Abbey....so she keeps her hair black.....

People like what they are used to......and if the original character is white....they want the character to stay that way...ditto a black character...like Blade.....people would be just as upset if you made Blade White now....it isn't about race....

Not black superheroes. White superheroes who are turned black, because the white men running the show are afraid they'll get a strongly worded letter from some special interest group crying about diversity.

Last edited:

Not black superheroes. White superheroes who are turned black, because the white men running the show are afraid they'll get a strongly worded letter from some special interest grouping crying about diversity.
Ahhh...I still don't want to hear a wetback complain...even if she is right.

Michelle is a pretty bad actress but I've enjoyed every role she has been in. She's so hot I just can't get enough. Hot chic with tude, love it.

Not black superheroes. White superheroes who are turned black, because the white men running the show are afraid they'll get a strongly worded letter from some special interest grouping crying about diversity.
Ahhh...I still don't want to hear a wetback complain...even if she is right.
What are you, a racist teaper or something???

Right. But it proves the point about whites lifting material from blacks. Little Richard successfully sued john Fogerty for plagiarizing Little Richard and turning it into Traveling Band even though Fogerty wrote it as a tribute to LR. Thanks for nothing, eh?
Not specific enough. I need the sheet music to prove your point.
Do you actually believe any of those people involve sheet music in their song writing?
I was mocking SJ.
Why must you go rude? Can't you just disagree?
All of his posts are rude, it's a common trait of the less intelligent.
I've noticed it to be the standard MO of stifled lefties.

(CNN)Actress Michelle Rodriguez challenged racial minorities in Hollywood to "develop their own mythology" and tell their own stories instead of recasting traditionally white characters as different races.

"It's not about taking Catwoman or Superman or Green Lantern or whatever these characters are and trying to make them fit to whatever cultural background you are," the "Fast and Furious" star said in a video posted on Facebook on Saturday.

"I think that people should stop being lazy and that people should make an effort in Hollywood to develop their own mythology."

Within 24 hours its posting on Saturday, the video had been viewed nearly 2 million times.

The comments come after Rodriguez was caught on camera Friday saying that minorities should stop "stealing ... white people's superheroes." Rodriguez, who identifies as Puerto Rican and Dominican, was walking to her car when TMZ asked her about rumors that she might be cast in the traditionally male role of superhero Green Lantern, last played by Ryan Reynolds.

She dismissed the rumor as "the dumbest thing I've ever heard." She followed it up with, "It's so stupid. It's like, 'Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes.' ... Make up your own. You know what I'm saying?"

God, I couldn't agree more. As a comic book fan, I rant on about this all the time. The last Captain America movie had the Falcon in it. Marvel is currently working on a Black Panther film. Blade was a very successful franchise. Is it necessary to make the Human Torch a black guy? :dunno:
Why was it necessary to make him a white guy?
dunno.gif

Um... because he is a white guy? That's like asking why it's necessary for you to be a black guy.
Hes a comic book character. He can be whatever color someone makes him.
If the person who wrote the character made them white, black or Asian that's what they should be.That was her point and she is right.

See? Something like this doesn't bother me.

769488.png

Sam Wilson had been one of Captain America's closest allies since the 70's. It would only be natural for him to take over as Captain America. It doesn't seem forced.

That's fine because it is a separate person, Sam Wilson, who is black.
It would be dumb if they tried to recast Steve Rogers as black though.

Why was it necessary to make him a white guy?
dunno.gif

Um... because he is a white guy? That's like asking why it's necessary for you to be a black guy.
Hes a comic book character. He can be whatever color someone makes him.
If the person who wrote the character made them white, black or Asian that's what they should be.That was her point and she is right.
Incorrect. Her point was to change the characters race for no other reason than being PC was not artistic. She instead is challenging Hollywood to come up with their own "ethnic" characters.

""I stuck my foot in my mouth once again," she began the video. "I have a tendency to speak without a filter. Sorry about that.

"What I really meant was ultimately, at the end of the day, there's a language, and the language that you speak in Hollywood is successful franchise," she said. "I think that there are many cultures in Hollywood that are not white that can come up with their own mythology.

"Instead of trying to turn a girl character into a guy or instead of trying to turn a white character into a black character or a Latin character, I think that people should stop being lazy and that people should make an effort in Hollywood to develop their own mythology.""

Now I agree with what she is saying to a point The problem of financing comes into play when doing such development. As shown by many movies like Exodus. The cash is just not as free flowing unless the main characters are white.

Forum List

Back