Harrison Ford crashed his airplane - seriously injured

novasteve

Gold Member
Reaction score
Though not sure how serious, heard ranging from critical to serious.

Katzndogz

Diamond Member
Reaction score
What local news reports is that he's had some gashes to his head. No other serious injuries. His expertise as a pilot was really evident in the way he put that puppy on the golf course.

BlueGin

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Nasty crash picture. Glad he will be okay.

HenryBHough

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Here's the plane in happier days.

Ryan PT-22, World War II trainer. Not many made; very few survive. Most of the general type were the PT-19 with an in-line engine and a smaller quantity of the PT-23 which had a radial engine which became standard when the supply of in-line engines became short. The 22 was a sort of bridge between the two and only built for a very short time.

PT.jpg

Note the "50" marking, visible in the crash photo also.

Note the aluminum fuselage on Ford's PT-22. The other versions were of fabric covered tube construction. Wings were also plywood, some covered with fabric for weather protection.

Last edited:

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hope he'll be okay. I love Indiana Jones and I loved him in the remake of The Fugitive with Tommy Lee Jones. That was an EXCELLENT movie.

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Reaction score

JOSweetHeart

Gold Member
Reaction score
Hope he'll be okay. I love Indiana Jones and I loved him in the remake of The Fugitive with Tommy Lee Jones. That was an EXCELLENT movie.
Wow, I never knew that film was a remake! It is one of my favorites too!

God bless you and him and Tommy Lee always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Have you see what is pretty much the sequel named U.S. Marshals? I love it too. :) :) :)

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Wow, I never knew that film was a remake! It is one of my favorites too!

God bless you and him and Tommy Lee always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Have you see what is pretty much the sequel named U.S. Marshals? I love it too. :) :) :)
Yes, I saw that too. Great movie! I really like Tommy Lee Jones too. :)

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Another reason to drive. Flying is highly over-rated.
I've never been in a small aircraft, and I think I would be scared to death. Lol.
You feel everything in a small plane.
Scary!!! :D Although, plane crashes are not as common as car accidents. Something to keep in mind.
It's different. My mother was a huge fan of small planes and I have flown with her before. Car accidents - you're on the ground - in the air? You're less likely to survive it. Although Harrison did and I'm glad for it.

by the way........Congratulations, Chris! You've made Poster of the Month! I'm just noticing that! Very cool!

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I've never been in a small aircraft, and I think I would be scared to death. Lol.
Scary!!! :D Although, plane crashes are not as common as car accidents. Something to keep in mind.
It's different. My mother was a huge fan of small planes and I have flown with her before. Car accidents - you're on the ground - in the air? You're less likely to survive it. Although Harrison did and I'm glad for it.

by the way........Congratulations, Chris! You've made Poster of the Month! I'm just noticing that! Very cool!
It was totally unintentional. I'm just a blabber mouth. :D

Book of Jeremiah

Platinum Member
Reaction score

Well, there had to be people talking back so it must have been interesting! I've enjoyed talking to youl. I better turn in. Today has been a long day! Goodnight, Chris!

ChrisL

Diamond Member
Reaction score

Well, there had to be people talking back so it must have been interesting! I've enjoyed talking to youl. I better turn in. Today has been a long day! Goodnight, Chris!
Meh, I guess some of it was interesting. Lol. :p

Thanks Jeri! Night! :bye1:

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List