Michelle Rodriguez: Stop stealing white people's superheroes... Make your own

Isn't the hulk green or something?

He was originally gray. :thup:
Youre kidding? The Hulk used to be gray?

Yup. This is the first issue cover.

hulkorigins-01.jpg

Stan Lee wanted him to be gray, but they were having some difficulties with the ink, so they changed him to green. They explained it in canon that the green and grey hulk were different personas battling it own in Bruce Banners head.
Looks like Frankenstein there. :laugh:
He looks better green.

How about red? :thup:

Redhulk.png

Led Zeppelin aren't American but they sure as hell tried to get away with plagiarizing a bunch of blues music.
Everybody borrowed ideas from other artists. They still do.
Yes but LZ had to pay Willie Dixon a ton of $$ because they stole his music and put their name on it.
LZ has a history of stealing from more than a couple of artists. So did Steve Miller.
Right. But it proves the point about whites lifting material from blacks. Little Richard successfully sued john Fogerty for plagiarizing Little Richard and turning it into Traveling Band even though Fogerty wrote it as a tribute to LR. Thanks for nothing, eh?
Not specific enough. I need the sheet music to prove your point.
Yeah, like you could read sheet music (or anything else).

Isn't the hulk green or something?

He was originally gray. :thup:
Youre kidding? The Hulk used to be gray?

Yup. This is the first issue cover.

hulkorigins-01.jpg

Stan Lee wanted him to be gray, but they were having some difficulties with the ink, so they changed him to green. They explained it in canon that the green and grey hulk were different personas battling it own in Bruce Banners head.
Looks like Frankenstein there. :laugh:
He looks better green.

How about red? :thup:

Redhulk.png
Looks satanic.

She's a moronic product of brainwashing. Skin color is irrelevant for comic heroes because, for one, they're make-believe!
Plus they wear costumes and disguises so you don't really know what they look like while they're in hero mode!

It's not irrelevant. These characters and what they look like have been ingrained into popular culture. And it doesn't matter whether or not they wear costumes. Any comic book fan knows what Peter Parker looks like, even when they are looking at Spiderman in costume.
and if you are not a real fan then it would not matter.....but if you are it matters,especially if they have an actual publishing history of always being of a certain color...just the way it is to the purest.....

Yes but LZ had to pay Willie Dixon a ton of $$ because they stole his music and put their name on it.
LZ has a history of stealing from more than a couple of artists. So did Steve Miller.
Right. But it proves the point about whites lifting material from blacks. Little Richard successfully sued john Fogerty for plagiarizing Little Richard and turning it into Traveling Band even though Fogerty wrote it as a tribute to LR. Thanks for nothing, eh?
Do you actually believe any of those people involve sheet music in their song writing?
I was mocking SJ.

Do you actually believe any of those people involve sheet music in their song writing?
I was mocking SJ.
And failing.

I was mocking SJ.
And failing.
Its hard to mock the less intelligent and not fail. You always look like the bad guy.

I was mocking SJ.
Why must you go rude? Can't you just disagree?

I was mocking SJ.
What part was rude?

What's really going on here is the white obsession with Santa, god/Jesus, tooth fairy being white. According to some, all fictional characters MUST be write.

In the real world, where grown ups live, its a non issue.
if you have never read a comic luddy you would not understand.....some things have a history.....the FF4 was not created 2-3 years ago...
Sometimes history is inaccurate as depicted. The Lone Ranger was based off a Black guy but you know who played him.
thats not what what i heard....it was off this guy...
John Hughes lawman - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Name one that whites tried to claim credit for.
Led Zeppelin aren't American but they sure as hell tried to get away with plagiarizing a bunch of blues music.
fogerty got sued for plagiarizing himself.....

I was mocking SJ.
What part was rude?
Mocking is rude.

See? Something like this doesn't bother me.

769488.png

Sam Wilson had been one of Captain America's closest allies since the 70's. It would only be natural for him to take over as Captain America. It doesn't seem forced.

What's really going on here is the white obsession with Santa, god/Jesus, tooth fairy being white. According to some, all fictional characters MUST be write.

if you have never read a comic luddy you would not understand.....some things have a history.....the FF4 was not created 2-3 years ago...
Sometimes history is inaccurate as depicted. The Lone Ranger was based off a Black guy but you know who played him.
Interesting. I think this guy has him beat though.

Was the real Lone Ranger black - Telegraph

"Many of the fugitives arrested by Reeves were sent to prison in Detroit in the 1890s and early 1900s. The Lone Ranger story first appeared on the radio in Detroit in 1933 (the series conceived by George W Trendle and written by Fran Striker) and Burton says it’s very likely that anyone connected with the prison system during that time would have heard the incredible stories about Bass Reeves."

I was mocking SJ.
What part was rude?
Mocking is rude.
Then he shouldnt have been rude. If he is going to be rude I will be rude back.

fogerty got sued for plagiarizing himself.....
Yes but that was another thing altogether. That was a naivete thing.

See? Something like this doesn't bother me.

769488.png

Sam Wilson had been one of Captain America's closest allies since the 70's. It would only be natural for him to take over as Captain America. It doesn't seem forced.
in that storyline someone had too because of what happened to Rodgers so his good pal stepped up.....but he was not Steve Rodgers he was still Sam Wilson ....that is the difference....

Interesting. I think this guy has him beat though.

Was the real Lone Ranger black - Telegraph

"Many of the fugitives arrested by Reeves were sent to prison in Detroit in the 1890s and early 1900s. The Lone Ranger story first appeared on the radio in Detroit in 1933 (the series conceived by George W Trendle and written by Fran Striker) and Burton says it’s very likely that anyone connected with the prison system during that time would have heard the incredible stories about Bass Reeves."
yes it is interesting.....the only one who would know is the creator of the lone ranger.....fran striker....maybe he combined both of their legends....
Fran Striker - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I was mocking SJ.
All of his posts are rude, it's a common trait of the less intelligent.

Forum List

Back