Michelle Obama Lunch Rules Ban Fried Foods, Frosted Flakes in Daycare

Most daycares make parents provide meals and snacks.

Those daycares have nothing to do with this thread.

Remember- the whinefest by the OP is because the Federal government has issued new rules for daycares that feed children federally subsidized meals, requiring that the meals be healthier.

Conservatives are all up in arms about our tax payer dollars being used to feed healthier food to kids- rather than less healthy food to kids.

The OP isn't about private daycare that receive no government funding, or daycares where the parents pack their kids lunch- because these rules have nothing to those lunches- only lunches for kids paid for by tax dollars.

IF our tax payer dollars are being used to feed kids- why would anyone be against those dollars being used to feed them healthier food?
Federally funded lunches already have to feature WIC approved food. So... This is really just more waste by the government.

IF our tax payer dollars are being used to feed kids- why would anyone be against those dollars being used to feed them healthier food?

Our taxpayer dollars should not be going to this but since they are we should feed them as cheaply as possible. Bologna sandwiches, an apple and milk for lunch every day
You should run for the local school board on that platform. You would probably get national media attention.

I'd probably win too.

Remember- the whinefest by the OP is because the Federal government has issued new rules for daycares that feed children federally subsidized meals, requiring that the meals be healthier.

Conservatives are all up in arms about our tax payer dollars being used to feed healthier food to kids- rather than less healthy food to kids.

The OP isn't about private daycare that receive no government funding, or daycares where the parents pack their kids lunch- because these rules have nothing to those lunches- only lunches for kids paid for by tax dollars.

Federally funded lunches already have to feature WIC approved food. So... This is really just more waste by the government.

Our taxpayer dollars should not be going to this but since they are we should feed them as cheaply as possible. Bologna sandwiches, an apple and milk for lunch every day
You should run for the local school board on that platform. You would probably get national media attention.

I'd probably win too.
No, you wouldn't. You would be mocked and made fun of, and that would be the kind responses. The bad ones would be about how you became such an unhappy miserable jerk. People would want to know how you got that way and call for the media to figure out what happened to you.

I' support doing away with cafaterias, pack your kids' lunches. And don't give me that "some parents don't have the time or the money " crap either. Make the time an figure out the money. Oooh maybe buy a 40" tv instead of a 60" , maybe wait to buy the xboxone instead of paying $45 a week through rentajunk.

Parental responsibility, what happened?

Are the kids going to actually eat this shit? Or is it going to end up in the trash?

You ever been to a daycare? Its a crap shoot what any kid will eat ever.

But unlike middle school and high school, the staff at a daycare actually can exercise some control over what the kids eat- and good daycares make an effort to have the kids eat healthier.
Translation: It's easier to force a toddler to do what you tell them.

Recapping: Stephanie and her cohort believe it's okay for taxpayers to pay for crappy food for preschoolers, but bad to pay for healthy food for preschoolers.

They can't explain why. The obvious conclusion is that they don't understand the correlation between good nutrition and health, or they just don't care. Are they hoping these kids will die before they end up on disability due to obesity and/or heart disease and, more than likely, cost the taxpayer far more than the price of a healthy lunch, or are they all just dumb as a box of rocks? Makes you wonder what they ate for lunch when they were three/four years old.

I' support doing away with cafaterias, pack your kids' lunches. And don't give me that "some parents don't have the time or the money " crap either. Make the time an figure out the money. Oooh maybe buy a 40" tv instead of a 60" , maybe wait to buy the xboxone instead of paying $45 a week through rentajunk.

You are fantasising about a time that never existed. Maybe things were that way when and where you were raised, but nationwide there has always been uneducated or irresponsible parents, alcoholics and druggies.
The school lunch program is a pragmatic effort to resolve the costly consequences of trying to educate and maintain kids with poor nutrition. It is not just a "do good" effort. It takes into consideration kids who do not have educated and responsible parents or who live in poor environments. Not only does poor nutrition retard social and educational advancement, it causes medical problems that have to be dealt with by far more expensive health care cost, which gets paid for with tax dollars.

I don't know why the STATES even bowed down to Mabell Obama poking here nose into things. for one she isn't an ELECTED anything and for two, the States puts in more money and should have their own say. I don't know why a lot of people think the FEDS runs our schools, so they have all the say
snip:
How Do We Fund Our Schools?

It’s a little known fact that when it comes to the funding of our schools, the U.S. Government contributes about 10 cents to every dollar spent on K-12 education – less than the majority of countries in the world. And it wasn’t until 1965, when President Lyndon Johnson passed the Elementary and Secondary Education Act as part of his War on Poverty, that the federal government created a lasting program to fund K-12 education.

So where does the bulk of the money for our 14,000 public elementary and secondary school districts schools come from? State and local governments. According to the National Center for Education Statistics, state and local funding accounts for approximately 93 percent of education expenditures.

What’s the source of these funds? In most states, it’s sales and income taxes (both corporate and personal). But on a local level, these funds usually come from property taxes, which are set by the school board, local officials or citizens. It’s this system that causes the most dramatic differences between states, and even within districts.

all of it here:
Finance ~ How Do We Fund Our Schools? - Where We Stand

As always....... You are stupid.

Are the kids going to actually eat this shit? Or is it going to end up in the trash?

But unlike middle school and high school, the staff at a daycare actually can exercise some control over what the kids eat- and good daycares make an effort to have the kids eat healthier.
Like I said. Lunches already gave to follow WIC guidelines.

Translation: It's easier to force a toddler to do what you tell them.
He obviously never dealt with toddlers.

I'd probably win too.
No, you wouldn't. You would be mocked and made fun of, and that would be the kind responses. The bad ones would be about how you became such an unhappy miserable jerk. People would want to know how you got that way and call for the media to figure out what happened to you.

Yeah because a sandwich and an apple for lunch is the same as torture

How many kids do you have? I already know the answer; I just want to see you post it.

Providing toddlers with healthful food so they don't end up fat like 40% of American adults? OUTRAGE!!!!! Oh, the huge manatee!
I grew up eating Frosted Flakes and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

But how many of you feed your kids the same crap?
I don't have kids but friends of mine do and they all still have frosted flakes in their pantries.

They just don't let their kids eat too much of anything. Oh and they let their kids play outside

The truth is that a cup of frosted flaked with whole milk (gasp) for breakfast and a banana every morning will not make a kid obese

Trailers have pantries? Good to know, I guess.

I'll wager my friends have nicer houses that that shithole of yours.

I hear Home Depot has a sale on tar paper so you can finally add that addition

Just think 5 more payments and it's all yours

shack-300x225.jpg
:cuckoo:

I don't why we the people are paying for a bunch of people who are Suppose to Represent US in Congress. these Agencies just make up their own rules to stick on us.

snip:
Final regulation only allows daycare centers to serve juice once a day

BY: Elizabeth Harrington
April 25, 2016 1:50 pm

New rules stemming from the school lunch law championed by first lady Michelle Obama are banning popular children’s cereals like Frosted Flakes in daycare centers.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service issued a final rule Monday that will affect more than 3 million kids in daycare centers across the country. The regulation will only allow daycare centers to serve juice once a day, will ban fried foods, and encourages centers to not add honey to a child’s yogurt.

The regulation is a result of the 2010 law aimed at school lunches, a top priority of Mrs. Obama’s Let’s Move anti-obesity initiative. The government hopes ( hummm. the Government hopes) the new rule will “help children build healthy habits.”

“This final rule updates the meal pattern requirements for the Child and Adult Care Food Program to better align them with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, as required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010,” the final rule states. “This rule requires centers and day care homes participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program to serve more whole grains and a greater variety of vegetables and fruit, and reduces the amount of added sugars and solid fats in meals.”

The law required the USDA to “promote health and wellness in child care settings via guidance and technical assistance that focuses on nutrition, physical activity, and limiting electronic media use,” according to the regulation.

all of the wonderful here:
Well I'm on the "Obama Diet" and at 68, I'm in the best health of my life. As a kid I was fed a lot of crap by ignorant people like you and suffered for it.

more good news about: THE GOVERNMENT

SNIP:
Study: Cost of U.S. Regulations Larger Than Germany’s Economy
Regs have cost economy $4 trillion, $13,000 per person

April 26, 2016 12:50 pm

The cost of U.S. regulations is now larger than Germany’s economy, amounting to a $4 trillion loss to the American economy, according to a new study by the Mercatus Center at George Mason University.

The study, released Tuesday, found that regulations over the past several decades amount to a loss of $13,000 for each American worker.

“The impact of regulation on economic growth has been widely studied, but most research has focused on a narrow set of regulations, industries, or both,” according to the report. “These studies typically rely on regulatory indexes that measure subsets of all regulation, on country-to-country comparisons, on short time spans, or on surveys in which experts report how regulated they believe their country or industry is.

“In order to better understand the cumulative cost of regulation, a comprehensive look at all regulations across many industries over a long period of time is imperative.”

Researchers at Mercatus studied data from 22 industries from 1977 to 2012, finding regulations have distorted “investments choices that lead to innovation” and have “created a considerable drag on the economy.” The result: an average shrinking of the economy by 0.8 percent a year.

“If regulations had been held constant at levels observed in 1980, the American economy would have been 25 percent larger than it was in 2012,” the report said. “This amounts to a $4 trillion loss in 2012 for the American economy or $13,000 loss per person, a significant amount of money for most American workers.”

The cost of federal regulations amounts to the fourth-largest GDP in the world, surpassing the economies of Germany, France, the United Kingdom, Brazil, Italy, Russia, and India.

all of it here:
Study: Cost of U.S. Regulations Larger Than Germany’s Economy
Why do you people always bitch about the cost of things like regulations and health care, but you never talk about the cost of doing nothing. What is the cost of the diabetes epidemic? What is the cost of other illness related to obesity? Would you be making a fuss if it were Heidi Cruz pushing the issue? Bet not!

Recapping: Stephanie and her cohort believe it's okay for taxpayers to pay for crappy food for preschoolers, but bad to pay for healthy food for preschoolers.

They can't explain why. The obvious conclusion is that they don't understand the correlation between good nutrition and health, or they just don't care. Are they hoping these kids will die before they end up on disability due to obesity and/or heart disease and, more than likely, cost the taxpayer far more than the price of a healthy lunch, or are they all just dumb as a box of rocks? Makes you wonder what they ate for lunch when they were three/four years old.
Junk food is their lives. Just try to get between a RWr and their junk food access. You'll find out real quick what their TRUE priorities are.

Providing toddlers with healthful food so they don't end up fat like 40% of American adults? OUTRAGE!!!!! Oh, the huge manatee!
I grew up eating Frosted Flake and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

Good genes. Not everyone's as lucky.

Why does Stephanie want kids to eat bad food? Worried about the competition?
That is retarded, arian. Someone doesn't believe in people telling them how to live their lives and she wants kids to be unhealthy? The fallacies are shooting out of your ass and going everywhere.
No one is telling people how to live. She is encouraging kids to be healthy and what they get in school is part of learning how to be healthy. They are still free to each crap outside of school and their parents are still free to feed them crap. But maybe they won't now, and maybe the kids won't want it so much.

I grew up eating Frosted Flake and drinking Cherry Kool Aid made with real sugar and so did most of the kids I grew up with

None of us are obese.

That is retarded, arian. Someone doesn't believe in people telling them how to live their lives and she wants kids to be unhealthy? The fallacies are shooting out of your ass and going everywhere.
No one is telling people how to live. She is encouraging kids to be healthy and what they get in school is part of learning how to be healthy. They are still free to each crap outside of school and their parents are still free to feed them crap. But maybe they won't now, and maybe the kids won't want it so much.
Why don't you just admit you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, dude?

None of us are obese.

Why don't you just admit you don't know what the fuck you're talking about, dude?
Why don't you just admit that this is more about distain for Obama and less about food?

I don't why we the people are paying for a bunch of people who are Suppose to Represent US in Congress. these Agencies just make up their own rules to stick on us.

snip:
Final regulation only allows daycare centers to serve juice once a day

April 25, 2016 1:50 pm

New rules stemming from the school lunch law championed by first lady Michelle Obama are banning popular children’s cereals like Frosted Flakes in daycare centers.

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Food and Nutrition Service issued a final rule Monday that will affect more than 3 million kids in daycare centers across the country. The regulation will only allow daycare centers to serve juice once a day, will ban fried foods, and encourages centers to not add honey to a child’s yogurt.

The regulation is a result of the 2010 law aimed at school lunches, a top priority of Mrs. Obama’s Let’s Move anti-obesity initiative. The government hopes ( hummm. the Government hopes) the new rule will “help children build healthy habits.”

“This final rule updates the meal pattern requirements for the Child and Adult Care Food Program to better align them with the Dietary Guidelines for Americans, as required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010,” the final rule states. “This rule requires centers and day care homes participating in the Child and Adult Care Food Program to serve more whole grains and a greater variety of vegetables and fruit, and reduces the amount of added sugars and solid fats in meals.”

The law required the USDA to “promote health and wellness in child care settings via guidance and technical assistance that focuses on nutrition, physical activity, and limiting electronic media use,” according to the regulation.

all of the wonderful here:
Well I'm on the "Obama Diet" and at 68, I'm in the best health of my life. As a kid I was fed a lot of crap by ignorant people like you and suffered for it.

being such an nasty horses ass all the time , you'll probably drop dead soon from it. how about just go diddle yourself for the time being. nasty human being

Forum List

Back