Michael Steele on Why the GOP Just Can’t Quit Trump

The problem isn't Trump or the 74 million Little Trumpsters at all.

The problem is characters like Mike Steele who have failed to really produce anything as far as achievements in the field of excellence over the years.

The idea of picking McCain and Romney and Paul Ryan as nominees for high office? The lack of movement on any major issue from abortion to Gay Marriage?

If Mr. Steele wants him and his ilk to regain the trust and confidence of the 74 million Little Trumpsters, they are going to need to start actually achieving ACCOMPLISHMENTS. The time for talking the talk is over, its time to start walking the walk.

BTW, any failures of Trump in his first term are due to the total lack of cooperation from Nevertrumpers. They didn't even show up to his convention, much less provide anything but roadblocks during the whole 4 years.

The GOP cannot shun Donald Trump because he has a total lock on about 25% of the Republican electorate.

This 25% is how he worked his way through the 2016 primaries against a dozen candidates who were all "better" than he was, from any logical standpoint. 25% is almost insurmountable in a field of 14.

No Republican can win the White House in 2024 without 100% Republican support. Trump's win in '16 in spite of the existence of the Never-Trump Republicans was a one-time thing, brought about by Trump's facing the worst Democrat candidate in living memory in the general election.

So all of the astute people on the political Right know that they cannot win in 2024 without EITHER Trump as the candidate, or a candidate with the enthusiastic, unambiguous support of Donald Trump. (And this is why "we" are hoping that one or more of the criminal cases against him is successful enough to take him out).

This is why we cannot dump Trump.

Unlike all these LOSERS running their LOSER mouths, Trump against all odds actually won a presidential election defeating Dems and the Dem owned news media and Dem owned rigged debates and Dem election cheating and rigging.

The Department of Justice under Trump was secretly working with twitter against him. This is insane.

Pretty sure TRUMP knew he couldn't trust Barr or Wray. I do think TRUMP thought he could win Barr over to the MAGA side and away from the RINO stooge party. RINO stooge party leader McConnell held impeachment over TRUMP's head, and TRUMP being an outsider was reliant on advisors who stabbed him in the back.

BTW, any failures of Trump in his first term are due to the total lack of cooperation from Nevertrumpers. They didn't even show up to his convention, much less provide anything but roadblocks during the whole 4 years.

So all of the astute people on the political Right know that they cannot win in 2024 without EITHER Trump as the candidate, or a candidate with the enthusiastic, unambiguous support of Donald Trump. (And this is why "we" are hoping that one or more of the criminal cases against him is successful enough to take him out).

This is why we cannot dump Trump.

Unlike all these LOSERS running their LOSER mouths, Trump against all odds actually won a presidential election defeating Dems and the Dem owned news media and Dem owned rigged debates and Dem election cheating and rigging.

You're in a cult

You're in a cult

Me, I'm not in a "cult" at all.

I just refuse to join the Never Trumper cult until I see proof of actual accomplishments- not just hatred for the little Trumpsters.

If guys like Steele actually start delivering results, I'll certainly consider supporting their candidacies- although frankly I don't see that as very likely.

Forum List

Back