Miami Arrests: Homegrown Terrorists Wanted To Hit Sear's Tower Foiled!

I was under the impression that they had no actual contact with anyone in al-queda. Were they actually a part of al-queda or just a group of dumbasses?

A group of dumbasses. The Al-Quaeda contact was an undercover FBI agent.
But where there is a will there is a danger. All it takes is a truck of fertilizer.

They were a bunch of losers and jerks who couldn't blow up 4th of july fireworks...they had no money and no plans.

I'm wondering what they're going to be charged with. Seems to me, I recall something about only being able to charge conspiracy if there has been some overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy.

Sitting around over humus and talking about blowing something up doesn't quite cut it.

Good PR though and good way to deflect from the admin's lack of accomplishment.

William Joyce said:
06623135114_Terror-Suspects.jpg

Seven reasons why the multiracial society is a failure.

wow...aren't you missing a skinhead meeting or something?

jillian said:
They were a bunch of losers and jerks who couldn't blow up 4th of july fireworks...they had no money and no plans.

I'm wondering what they're going to be charged with. Seems to me, I recall something about only being able to charge conspiracy if there has been some overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy.

Sitting around over humus and talking about blowing something up doesn't quite cut it.

Sorry Jillian. Dumbasses or not, funded or not, if you meet with someone you think is Al Queda, whether they actually are or not, and discuss that you wanna blow shit up, you deserve to rot in prison.

jillian said:

Just curious, what would you think you would have thought if you'd overheard Tim McVeigh and Terry Nichols planning the OKC bombing? Wannabee's with fertilizer?

Jillian, you are not being rationale in your discussions, though I doubt as irrational in your thoughts.

GotZoom said:
There we go again.

Profiling Muslims.

I bet we traced some of their phone calls too.
Oh, and to be fair, they weren't Muslim.

Well... they were sort of Muslim...and Christian..... and JEWISH!!!! :eek: :eek2: :shocked:

jillian said:

Guess Pale Rider was right. Without a cemetary full of bodies, downplay the attempt.

Would've been the same liberal gibberish had they caught the 9/11 terrorists before the fact.

Can't you libs be honest even ONE time?

The ClayTaurus said:
Oh, and to be fair, they weren't Muslim.

Well... they were sort of Muslim...and Christian..... and JEWISH!!!! :eek: :eek2: :shocked:

I personally don't care if a terrorist, or wannabe terrorists believes in God, Ba'al, Odin, Jupiter -- any and all or none of the above. Neither do I care if they are rank amateurs or highly-trained pros. If they conspired to commit and act of terrorism against the people of the United States of America, they need to be charged with that crime and either shot or hanged for their effort.

The ClayTaurus said:
Sorry Jillian. Dumbasses or not, funded or not, if you meet with someone you think is Al Queda, whether they actually are or not, and discuss that you wanna blow shit up, you deserve to rot in prison.

Oh...I have no problem with tossing them in jail and throwing away the key. But I do think the attention being paid to them is a bit out of proportion to their danger.

jillian said:
Oh...I have no problem with tossing them in jail and throwing away the key. But I do think the attention being paid to them is a bit out of proportion to their danger.
I disagree. It's good for mommy and daddy to show the level of tolerance for this kind of shit is minimal at best. These guys are the laughing stock of the country. They should parade them around with dumbass placards on their necks, and then work on the national debt my putting them in stockades in Times Square and charging people 5 bucks a tomato.

The ClayTaurus said:
I disagree. It's good for mommy and daddy to show the level of tolerance for this kind of shit is minimal at best. These guys are the laughing stock of the country. They should parade them around with dumbass placards on their necks, and then work on the national debt my putting them in stockades in Times Square and charging people 5 bucks a tomato.

Actually, I kinda like that.

I still think they're a bunch of useless dumbfucks who couldn't set off a firecracker :D

GunnyL said:
Of course you do.:rolleyes:

Thanks for making my argument FOR me.

What argument was that? :rolleyes:

They had no money, no plans, no affiliations. Even the FBI and DoJ say their plans were "aspirational" rather than "operational". Did you see Gonzalez's press conference? It was a hoot. He looked embarrassed and didn't know what to say.

Generally, conviction for conspiracy requires an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy. Does a meeting with an agent posing as a member of Al Qaeda count? I don't know.

jillian said:
What argument was that? :rolleyes:

They had no money, no plans, no affiliations. Even the FBI and DoJ say their plans were "aspirational" rather than "operational". Did you see Gonzalez's press conference? It was a hoot. He looked embarrassed and didn't know what to say.
Did YOU see it? Or just what the Daily Show showed?
jillian said:
Generally, conviction for conspiracy requires an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy. Does a meeting with an agent posing as a member of Al Qaeda count? I don't know.
Please don't go down the entrapment trail :(

The ClayTaurus said:
Did YOU see it? Or just what the Daily Show showed?Please don't go down the entrapment trail :(

Both ;)

I don't think they were entrapped at all. I'm just not sure what the law is in regard to criminal conspiracy because I don't do criminal law.

jillian said:
Both ;)

I don't think they were entrapped at all. I'm just not sure what the law is in regard to criminal conspiracy because I don't do criminal law.

I don't know what the federal statutes are like, but I know most state conspiracy laws are pretty broad. You can even be indicted for conspiracy if your 'co-conspirator' was unaware of the conspiracy (but they can't be prosecuted). Their capacity to execute their plans is irrelevant. They were, nonetheless, engaged in a conspiracy against to commit mass murder and can be prosecuted for it.

Hobbit said:
I don't know what the federal statutes are like, but I know most state conspiracy laws are pretty broad. You can even be indicted for conspiracy if your 'co-conspirator' was unaware of the conspiracy (but they can't be prosecuted). Their capacity to execute their plans is irrelevant. They were, nonetheless, engaged in a conspiracy against to commit mass murder and can be prosecuted for it.

Again, my recollection, which admittedly might be faulty since it's been a while, is that there has to be an overt act in furtherance of the conspiracy and not just talk.

We'll see what happens.

GunnyL said:
Guess Pale Rider was right. Without a cemetary full of bodies, downplay the attempt.

Would've been the same liberal gibberish had they caught the 9/11 terrorists before the fact.

Can't you libs be honest even ONE time?

What attempt?

An attempt by the feds to create terrorists and then turn around and say "AH HA! We captured some and stopped a plot to blow up the Sears Tower!" SEE! Those domestic spying and data mining programs ARE justified (This story broke the day after the NY Times bank records).

Right now real terrorists are sitting at home watching this and laughing at us...

Forum List

Back