Megan Rapinoe's World Cup career comes to tearful end

Lets have a few memes to celebrate the Women's Dyke Soccer team getting their asses kicked:

F224bFQbAAAwwqY

Really? I watched her play a couple of times, she looks slow and behind all the plays
As much as I dislike her as a person she was a very high quality player for a lot of years. She played a very specific role so a lot of the time she may have seemed out of the play.

As much as I dislike her as a person she was a very high quality player for a lot of years. She played a very specific role so a lot of the time she may have seemed out of the play.
She sure shanked her penalty kick for someone so talented.

She sure shanked her penalty kick for someone so talented
Yes she did. Two of her teammates did as well and numerous players failed to score on very good chances during regulation and extra time. Lots of blame to go around for everyone except the goalie… all tournament long.

Yes she did. Two of her teammates did as well and numerous players failed to score on very good chances during regulation and extra time. Lots of blame to go around for everyone except the goalie… all tournament long.
Karma for showing their hatred of the USA.

Aug 6 (Reuters) - Megan Rapinoe did not get the Women's World Cup farewell she wanted on Sunday, a penalty that sailed over the crossbar the last international play by one of the United States' most decorated players.

American soccer's charismatic figurehead was sent on as a substitute in extra time but the last-16 game against old foes Sweden ended 0-0 before the Swedes won the penalty shootout 5-4.

Rapinoe was of three American players to miss her spot-kick.

"This is the balance to the beautiful side of the game. I think it can be cruel and (it was) just not our day," Rapinoe told Fox Sports.

"I still just feel really grateful and joyful."

Renowned for her reliability as a penalty taker, Rapinoe said missing one in the final moment of her career felt like "a sick joke".

She tearfully embraced her coach on the pitch before linking up with her team mates one last time while the Sweden players celebrated to Abba's "Dancing Queen".

Well......bye.
The women did great, but they are not the team they once were.

Guess what Megan.. if you want to be treated like the men.. then you don’t get “you tried so hard and we’re so proud of you!” treatment for losing… and if you have pet causes, you get roasted for those too.

Aug 6 (Reuters) - Megan Rapinoe did not get the Women's World Cup farewell she wanted on Sunday, a penalty that sailed over the crossbar the last international play by one of the United States' most decorated players.

American soccer's charismatic figurehead was sent on as a substitute in extra time but the last-16 game against old foes Sweden ended 0-0 before the Swedes won the penalty shootout 5-4.

Rapinoe was of three American players to miss her spot-kick.

"This is the balance to the beautiful side of the game. I think it can be cruel and (it was) just not our day," Rapinoe told Fox Sports.

"I still just feel really grateful and joyful."

Renowned for her reliability as a penalty taker, Rapinoe said missing one in the final moment of her career felt like "a sick joke".

She tearfully embraced her coach on the pitch before linking up with her team mates one last time while the Sweden players celebrated to Abba's "Dancing Queen".

Well......bye.
rapinoe and the team are a sick joke. if they do not respect the USA they should not be representing the USA. I am glad the Swedes beat them

She does not want to be liked. Yet a couple of years ago she did commercials for Subway sandwiches which hurt their sales. She was canned. Whatever our views if known you can become a pariah if it is never-ending and gets old. A permanent scowl on the face in public is not good. People wanted to like her.

It was the perfect ending for ending for the obnoxious bitch. And classless right to the end, after kicking the ball 10 feet over the crossbar she freaking LAUGHS!!!!! Hey what about that equal pay for equal play Mega? BHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

She does not want to be liked. Yet a couple of years ago she did commercials for Subway sandwiches which hurt their sales. She was canned. Whatever our views if known you can become a pariah if it is never-ending and gets old. A permanent scowl on the face in public is not good. People wanted to like her.
She's not likeable.

Forum List

Back