Megachurches Still Packing Them In!

There's a reason why the church calls its parishioners a flock

Compared to Leftists, trust me, we are the free thinkers of our day.

I don't think you know many evangelical Christians, do you? Really.

In my church we have a couple who are bikers. They give testimony at a pool hall every weekend. We have couples who are blue collar and couples who are millionaires.

We have a guy who runs a Crisis Pg Center.

We have a woman who is such a voracious reader that she is reading her way through "The Thousand Classics You Must Read Before you Die". Like Plato, Voltaire, Tolstoy. The entire list.

Our pastor and his wife read the Old Testament...in Hebrew.

So, yeah. I find MUCH more diversity in my church, of thought, education and interest, than I ever have among Leftists. Truth.
So what?

I know people who aren't religious at all who volunteer their time to causes they care about.

In fact I and several friends give music lessons for free at the local Boys and Girls Club. another friend of mine volunteers for meals on wheels, another at a local animal shelter and I can go on and on.

I have friends who are artists and Doctors one of my friends never made it past the 8th grade but he can tear down any engine and fix it so your religion doesn't have a monopoly on diverse and interesting people

And I'll say it again if you really cared about those people you would consider the fact that at this time you might be endangering their health by not exercising caution

I really don't care if you feel my First Amendment Rights are selfish. For now, they are still my rights. I know you probably care little for them.

I care more about the people who are going to die because you dumb-ass bible thumpers are more interested in praising your Sky Fairy than actually protecting lives.
Protect yourself and the stupid people can't hurt you

For what, protect yourself for what? A few more spins on this floating rock in space?

This is what I mean here...doomed to destruction

Damn right. I want to stay on this ride as long as possible.

And that right there, exactly, is the problem in 21st century America. Because we have become a post-Christian society, we have forgotten what freedom means to us. So we will ALL lose our freedom, we have lost "herd immunity freedom". Sure, we will be clinging to life after this. But what life?

We have forgotten that sometimes, life is not worth living. But whatever. Life can also be a very, very hard teacher.

Live free or die!

Yes indeed. Or the cry of my patriot forefathers: "Give me liberty or give me death!"

But not now. The cry of the 21st century American: "Big Daddy Govco, keep me safe! There's a virus out there and it's scaaaaarrrrry and I don't know what to do if you don't protect meeeeee"

Really shameful when you think about it
I don't expect the government to ever keep me safe.

I protect myself if you don't want to do that that's your problem

Sure you expect the government to keep you safe, don't you? We have protected religious freedom in the Constitution but you have a problem with it. What do you propose to do about it?

I don't care what your religion is but don't assume that other people don't think their life is worth living just because you think yours isn't

If you care so little for your own health and the people of your church care so little for theirs that's your problem so go to church and get everyone there sick IDGAF because I have never stepped foot in a church and don't plan to any time in my life

But don't tell me you can't practice your religion from home or in small groups because that is simply untrue

These people do not understand how disease is spread. They also do not understand that they can pray anywhere, even in their homes. The Creator/Supreme Being can hear you in your living room, your bedroom, your bathroom 24/7.
It takes a crowd to induce religious ecstasy. A neurological state indistinguishable from orgasm. Getting "the spirit" releases a powerful endorphin rush that can be terribly addictive. They have a deep physical need to get their spiritual rocks off.

You must have gone to the Roly-Poly church where they "Get the Spirit" and start speaking gibberish.
I went when I was around 12 with my friend, we ran home as fast as we could when they started trying to drown a kid.
We went around to all the churches when I was a kid.
Yes, that's the kind of churches that refuse to close. I have actually witnessed snake handling and speaking in tongues during my childhood.

See I don't know about that. My church "meets" only virtually now. But if churches wanted to meet, I would understand it. Throughout the history of Christendom, churches have met underground for all sorts of reasons even under horrible circumstances, even upon pain of death.

I draw the line of course if someone has an active infection or even if someone in their house does.
And if someone is infected, but has mild symptoms or NO symptoms, what then?

Well now, if someone is infected but has no symptoms how would they even know? But then how does the guy in the hardware store or the liquor store know either?
They DON'T, moron. But they can give it to someone else! Get it?? That's the problem. Why can't you fucking idiots even understand that?
[/Q
Good to see we still have freedom of religion in America.

Yes, you are free to be as stupid as possible. This has nothing to do with "freedom of religion", and if you had half a brain, you'd know that. Hopefully there were a LOT of Trump voters in church yesterday.

Thank you for weighing in from Canada
Are the Canadian mega churches packing them in too, or is this just something exceptional with America.

Are there many--or any--actual Christians left in Canada? Not many, I would imagine. At all.

More than there are in the USA. You've demonstrated in spades you're not a Christian, given your attitude towards "loving one another as I have loved you", and "Do unto others".

Our Constitution requires that we "help one another" so that most Christian of principles is enshrined in our Constitution. It's not "every man for himself and screw you" that I see from "prosperity Christians" like Joel Osteen who locked his neighbours out of his church during the flooding in Houston,.

What are the two greatest Commandments of Jesus? In order. Cite them in order

Who the fuck do you think you are, that you can tell me what to do? The arrogance and condescension of those who claim morally superiority on the grounds of their right wing Christianity, is laughable.

Your arrogance and condescension and claim to moral superiority being Canadian is no different than hers. She is claiming it on a religious level, your claim is on a country level.

You're projecting that on me. A LOT of that goes on with Christianity. A LOT.

I just read your posts, defending a megachurch and them gathering together is wrong. The church is failing to protect their flock. Churches across America are using other methods to teach their flock that doesn’t jeopardize the health of thousands. They are not showing love of neighbor. It seems money is motivating the leader of the church, not love. In the eyes of God, the church could have bloodguilt on their hands.

I'm not religious but I would think that god would frown on that kind of reckless selfishness

Women going out to the drug stores to get hair color; people going to to the liquor stores in droves; pot dispenseries, and NOT just for "medicinal use". You could name a dozen other frivolous reasons people go out, but worship is the one everyone is laser focused on--oh, and Christian worship, of course.

I know why. Do you?

As I said before it is much easier to exercise precautions in a one on one interaction than it is when 1000 people are all packed together cheek to jowl in an enclosed space

Is that too difficult for you to understand?

I have yet to see hundreds of people all crammed together in a liquor store or a drug store please post pictures of where you have seen this.

And as I have said before IDGAF if you want to practice your religion but there is no need for hundreds of people to congregate to pray. What would your god say to you if you willingly endangered the health of other people in your community just so you could pray to him when you could do the very same thing from home and not put anyone elses's health at risk?

These people gathered in NYC yesterday--a HOTBED of the virus as you know--just to watch the Comfort ship dock.

That was just as stupid as packing a church

No, more stupid. They weren't even appealing to faith. They were watching a ship come in, literally--a ship meant to take care of sick people. Their own people.
Equally stupid because just like religious people they selfishly did it to make themselves feel better

You don't worship God to feel better, but that's how it probably seems to you. But that is why people are flocking to the liquor stores and pot dispenseries.
Of course you do.

You are expecting god to give you something that you want so you worship for your reward of salvation and that is the very definition of selfishness

In my church we have a couple who are bikers. They give testimony at a pool hall every weekend. We have couples who are blue collar and couples who are millionaires.

We have a woman who is such a voracious reader that she is reading her way through "The Thousand Classics You Must Read Before you Die". Like Plato, Voltaire, Tolstoy. The entire list.

So, yeah. I find MUCH more diversity in my church, of thought, education and interest, than I ever have among Leftists. Truth.
So what?

I know people who aren't religious at all who volunteer their time to causes they care about.

In fact I and several friends give music lessons for free at the local Boys and Girls Club. another friend of mine volunteers for meals on wheels, another at a local animal shelter and I can go on and on.

I have friends who are artists and Doctors one of my friends never made it past the 8th grade but he can tear down any engine and fix it so your religion doesn't have a monopoly on diverse and interesting people

And I'll say it again if you really cared about those people you would consider the fact that at this time you might be endangering their health by not exercising caution

You realize that Christians...churches...do the bulk of all charity work in the nation, right? Yeah. We worship on Sunday and so a lot of other stuff other times. But we do worship...it's a directive.

Also it's not that we have a monopoly on interesting people it's that, face it, you really don't think we have any at all. "Sheep".

I really don't care if you feel my First Amendment Rights are selfish. For now, they are still my rights. I know you probably care little for them.

I care more about the people who are going to die because you dumb-ass bible thumpers are more interested in praising your Sky Fairy than actually protecting lives.

For what, protect yourself for what? A few more spins on this floating rock in space?

And that right there, exactly, is the problem in 21st century America. Because we have become a post-Christian society, we have forgotten what freedom means to us. So we will ALL lose our freedom, we have lost "herd immunity freedom". Sure, we will be clinging to life after this. But what life?

We have forgotten that sometimes, life is not worth living. But whatever. Life can also be a very, very hard teacher.

Live free or die!

Yes indeed. Or the cry of my patriot forefathers: "Give me liberty or give me death!"

But not now. The cry of the 21st century American: "Big Daddy Govco, keep me safe! There's a virus out there and it's scaaaaarrrrry and I don't know what to do if you don't protect meeeeee"

Sure you expect the government to keep you safe, don't you? We have protected religious freedom in the Constitution but you have a problem with it. What do you propose to do about it?

I don't care what your religion is but don't assume that other people don't think their life is worth living just because you think yours isn't

If you care so little for your own health and the people of your church care so little for theirs that's your problem so go to church and get everyone there sick IDGAF because I have never stepped foot in a church and don't plan to any time in my life

But don't tell me you can't practice your religion from home or in small groups because that is simply untrue

These people do not understand how disease is spread. They also do not understand that they can pray anywhere, even in their homes. The Creator/Supreme Being can hear you in your living room, your bedroom, your bathroom 24/7.
It takes a crowd to induce religious ecstasy. A neurological state indistinguishable from orgasm. Getting "the spirit" releases a powerful endorphin rush that can be terribly addictive. They have a deep physical need to get their spiritual rocks off.

You must have gone to the Roly-Poly church where they "Get the Spirit" and start speaking gibberish.
I went when I was around 12 with my friend, we ran home as fast as we could when they started trying to drown a kid.
Yes, that's the kind of churches that refuse to close. I have actually witnessed snake handling and speaking in tongues during my childhood.

See I don't know about that. My church "meets" only virtually now. But if churches wanted to meet, I would understand it. Throughout the history of Christendom, churches have met underground for all sorts of reasons even under horrible circumstances, even upon pain of death.

I draw the line of course if someone has an active infection or even if someone in their house does.

Well now, if someone is infected but has no symptoms how would they even know? But then how does the guy in the hardware store or the liquor store know either?
They DON'T, moron. But they can give it to someone else! Get it?? That's the problem. Why can't you fucking idiots even understand that?
[/Q

Yes, you are free to be as stupid as possible. This has nothing to do with "freedom of religion", and if you had half a brain, you'd know that. Hopefully there were a LOT of Trump voters in church yesterday.

Are the Canadian mega churches packing them in too, or is this just something exceptional with America.

Are there many--or any--actual Christians left in Canada? Not many, I would imagine. At all.

More than there are in the USA. You've demonstrated in spades you're not a Christian, given your attitude towards "loving one another as I have loved you", and "Do unto others".

Our Constitution requires that we "help one another" so that most Christian of principles is enshrined in our Constitution. It's not "every man for himself and screw you" that I see from "prosperity Christians" like Joel Osteen who locked his neighbours out of his church during the flooding in Houston,.

Who the fuck do you think you are, that you can tell me what to do? The arrogance and condescension of those who claim morally superiority on the grounds of their right wing Christianity, is laughable.

Your arrogance and condescension and claim to moral superiority being Canadian is no different than hers. She is claiming it on a religious level, your claim is on a country level.

I just read your posts, defending a megachurch and them gathering together is wrong. The church is failing to protect their flock. Churches across America are using other methods to teach their flock that doesn’t jeopardize the health of thousands. They are not showing love of neighbor. It seems money is motivating the leader of the church, not love. In the eyes of God, the church could have bloodguilt on their hands.

I'm not religious but I would think that god would frown on that kind of reckless selfishness

Women going out to the drug stores to get hair color; people going to to the liquor stores in droves; pot dispenseries, and NOT just for "medicinal use". You could name a dozen other frivolous reasons people go out, but worship is the one everyone is laser focused on--oh, and Christian worship, of course.

I know why. Do you?

As I said before it is much easier to exercise precautions in a one on one interaction than it is when 1000 people are all packed together cheek to jowl in an enclosed space

I have yet to see hundreds of people all crammed together in a liquor store or a drug store please post pictures of where you have seen this.

And as I have said before IDGAF if you want to practice your religion but there is no need for hundreds of people to congregate to pray. What would your god say to you if you willingly endangered the health of other people in your community just so you could pray to him when you could do the very same thing from home and not put anyone elses's health at risk?

These people gathered in NYC yesterday--a HOTBED of the virus as you know--just to watch the Comfort ship dock.

No, more stupid. They weren't even appealing to faith. They were watching a ship come in, literally--a ship meant to take care of sick people. Their own people.
Equally stupid because just like religious people they selfishly did it to make themselves feel better

You don't worship God to feel better, but that's how it probably seems to you. But that is why people are flocking to the liquor stores and pot dispenseries.
Of course you do.

You are expecting god to give you something that you want so you worship for your reward of salvation and that is the very definition of selfishness

No, no no no no. Totally, entirely backward.

"For it is by grace that you have been saved by faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is a gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast."--Ephesians 2:8

God saved me, and all Christians, and not by works but by grace. I cannot earn salvation. Neither can you or any Christian, or anyone. It is a gift freely given. I did not earn it by any power or attribute of my own, nor could I. Worshiping is not "wanting a reward". It is saying "thank you" in a way...praising...and being in the presence of.

So what?

You realize that Christians...churches...do the bulk of all charity work in the nation, right? Yeah. We worship on Sunday and so a lot of other stuff other times. But we do worship...it's a directive.

Also it's not that we have a monopoly on interesting people it's that, face it, you really don't think we have any at all. "Sheep".

Take that up with your priests , pastors or other clergy who call their parishioners a flock as it is nothing I made up

Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.
I guess the left finally discovered a great way to infringe on people's right to religious freedom.
I figure if they want to die....let them.
That's the problem with leftists.....they always want to tell people what to do.

Live free or die!

[/Q

I know why. Do you?

Of course you do.

"For it is by grace that you have been saved by faith, and this is not from yourselves; it is a gift of God, not by works, so that no one can boast."--Ephesians 2:8

God saved me, and all Christians, and not by works but by grace. I cannot earn salvation. Neither can you or any Christian, or anyone. It is a gift freely given. I did not earn it by any power or attribute of my own, nor could I. Worshiping is not "wanting a reward". It is saying "thank you" in a way...praising...and being in the presence of.
Yet you believe you have to worship in a church in order to receive it.

And you believe that you will be "gifted" entrance to heaven because of your faith. Right or wrong? Or is it you are afraid of being sentenced to hell?

Don't assume I don't know any religious people. I do. I have even read the bible and other religious books. I have read the writings of Aquinas and others

And yes i believe you worship for you not for others you are not the arbiter of their salvation and you can only work for your own so don't deny you worship for your own ends.

I teach poor kids music because I like to, it makes me feel good to do that for kids at least I admit that

You realize that Christians...churches...do the bulk of all charity work in the nation, right?

that might have been true 100 years ago, but not in this country today. The vast majority of money collected by a church stays within its own walls.

Live free or die!

[/Q

I know why. Do you?

Of course you do.

And you believe that you will be "gifted" entrance to heaven because of your faith. Right or wrong? Or is it you are afraid of being sentenced to hell?

Don't assume I don't know any religious people. I do. I have even read the bible and other religious books. I have read the writings of Aquinas and others

And yes i believe you worship for you not for others you are not the arbiter of their salvation and you can only work for your own so don't deny you worship for your own ends.

I teach poor kids music because I like to, it makes me feel good to do that for kids at least I admit that

I did not work for my salvation, nor could I ever. Read again from Ephesians 2. My faith was also a free gift, unearned "lest no one should boast"

Apparently, SOME people aren't concerned about covid-19 because they have GOD on their side. Let's check back with them in a month or so, shall we? We'll see how that worked out by then. But if some of them die, they're all Christians so they'll be up in heaven, right? I guess.
I guess the left finally discovered a great way to infringe on people's right to religious freedom.
I figure if they want to die....let them.
That's the problem with leftists.....they always want to tell people what to do.

Agree.

And look who the Left is going after. SHOCK! Christians

Live free or die!

[/Q

I know why. Do you?

Of course you do.

And by the way I worship for God first. It's very hard to imagine, even for a lot of I would say nominal Christians. Not a me-centered worldview, but a God-centered worldview. This is not to say I'm not selfish because I am right down to my baby toenail, absolutely, just like the rest of us. Selfish. It's my default position. BUT I KNOW that none of this is about me. Didn't start with me, didn't end with me, I didn't create my life and I surely won't determine its eternal destiny. That is not a think it is a know.

Live free or die!

[/Q

I know why. Do you?

Of course you do.

I did not work for my salvation, nor could I ever. Read again from Ephesians 2. My faith was also a free gift, unearned "lest no one should boast"
Faith is a chosen belief system no one gave it to you.

Live free or die!

[/Q

I know why. Do you?

Of course you do.

You told me what I believe and then when I countered, you just told me meh, it's all pretend anyway.

Great, your lack of faith is all pretend. See how easy that is?

Live free or die!

[/Q

I know why. Do you?

Of course you do.

And by the way I worship for God first. It's very hard to imagine, even for a lot of I would say nominal Christians. Not a me-centered worldview, but a God-centered worldview. This is not to say I'm not selfish because I am right down to my baby toenail, absolutely, just like the rest of us. Selfish. It's my default position. BUT I KNOW that none of this is about me. Didn't start with me, didn't end with me, I didn't create my life and I surely won't determine its eternal destiny. That is not a think it is a know.

WHY do you worship god?

Because you think it makes your life better, it makes you feel good does it not?

And be honest you think you will go to heaven right?

You don't worship god with the hopes of being damned to hell do you?

Live free or die!

[/Q

I know why. Do you?

Of course you do.

You told me what I believe and then when I countered, you just told me meh, it's all pretend anyway.

I never claimed to have faith and I have been up front about the fact that I have never set foot in any church and that I don't believe in any god.

And I never said you didn't have faith. I have asked you questions as to the motivation that drives your faith and worship. But you don't like that do you?

Live free or die!

[/Q

I know why. Do you?

Of course you do.

WHY do you worship god?

Because you think it makes your life better, it makes you feel good does it not?

I worship God because He is the great "I AM". It doesn't give me a "feeling", I don't go for a "feeling". I am already saved. I worship God because I know Who He is, not because I expect to get something out of Him

Live free or die!

[/Q

I know why. Do you?

Of course you do.

I never claimed to have faith and I have been up front about the fact that I have never set foot in any church and that I don't believe in any god.

And I never said you didn't have faith. I have asked you questions as to the motivation that drives your faith and worship. But you don't like that do you?

On the contrary this doesn't bother me at all. I am giving you the most honest answers I can. I think what you don't like is that you either don't believe my answers or you don't trust them. But you should believe them. I am being 100% honest.

Live free or die!

[/Q

I know why. Do you?

Of course you do.

WHY do you worship god?

To be clear: God does not owe me anything. Not a good "feeling", not blessings, not food, not clothing, not tomorrow, not my life, not anything. Nothing. I don't get these things, or maybe a better *chance* of these things, if I go to church on Sunday and worship.

God is good. He has given me these things in abundance and more and more...and more...because He is just that good. So, what can I do, other than worship?

Forum List

Back