Mega Hits you didn't like...

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
For me... I totally didn't get "Home Alone".
To this day I have no understanding why people liked this movie so much.
The comedy is all slap stick, which is okay... but poorly done slapstick. There were so many technical errors in the film that it probably ranks in the top 10 films with the most problematic scenes,
Also to this day, when you ask everyone involved... the writers, producers, studio, actors - director... none can explain why the movie became such a monster hit.

The Avengers.

I'm not a big fan of the Marvel Comics movies to begin with, but this one just seems like a pointless exercise in giving the various characters some screen time.

Blair Witch Project

barf-gif.gif

The Ring.............STILL waiting for the scary part.

Paranormal series.............billed under "horror" when they should be under "comedy"

Friday the 13th series..........YAAAAWN. SOOOOO BOOOORING.

The Exorcist............LMFFAOROFL kept waiting for the 3 Stooges to show up.

IT.......................Seriously? A clown with bad teeth? Seriously???

The VVitch...............OMG......NOTHING HAPPENED!!!!

OK….I’ll go there

Star Wars

I think it is poorly written with great actors spouting lame dialogue. Mostly an excuse to sell overpriced toys.

OK….I’ll go there

Star Wars

I think it is poorly written with great actors spouting lame dialogue. Mostly an excuse to sell overpriced toys.
It was breakout movie. Before it, there was really-really bad space sci-fi (exception of course Space Odyssey)
When I saw it I was the perfect age for a space sci fi. 12 years old. I was BLOWN AWAY. Darth Vader was the coolest thing I had ever seen before. The voice, the breathing... telekinesis... coolest evil guy of all time.
Then came Empire Strikes Back... I was 15. Yay!... awesome! More Darth Vader! And we get several scenes with the emperor... also cool!
Then came Return of the Jedi... I was 18. It sucked. I was very disappointed. And have been every time since. Revenge of the Sith being the only one that is good.
Star Wars was created and ruined by the same guy.

Armageddon...
I will get a lot of hate for that.
But sorry. It was a horrible movie with the worst Aerosmith song ever recorded.
I don't hate the film, but in my opinion, it has way too sad of an ending. Did you know that another copy of that song went to radio not long after the film was released? I am happy to share that it went all the way to #1 too for the awesome singer.

God bless you and Mark always!!!

Holly

P.S. Getting back to the real subject of this chat, the only films that I can list are those that I have only seen once, but I am sure that plenty of them weren't all that major in too many other people's opinions as well. Then there are the big films that I haven't even seen before, and that list too would also be a long one and it would most likely only make y'all wonder where it is that I am being held captive. :D :D :D

Last edited:

Forum List

Back