Adam Project

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
Saw this on Neflix last night. Being a fan of Sci-Fi, I waited with anticipation. It has a decent cast, Ryan Reynolds, Jenifer Garner, and Mark Ruffalo and a decent script. The problem for me is this story of a man who goes back in time meets himself as young person has been the subject of at least 3 movies and a dozen scif novels or short stories. There is no surprises in the movie. In fact, I fell a sleep for about 20 mins in the middle of it. If you have been waiting for this move for months, I think you will be disappointed. It is not a bad movie and Ryan Reynolds was enjoyable to watch but it is not very good movie. WIth right twists in plot it could have been a very good movie.

I am glad it was on Netflix and I didn't specifically pay for it as a stream rent.
It is the studio jumping the shark with the Ryan Reynolds character. Thanksgiving turkey movie.
I didn't like Catherine Keener's character at all. She wasn't remotely believable, and the CGI young version of her was horribly done. As well as I don't like Jennifer Garner. I think she is a "TV movie actor" that somehow keeps getting major movie roles. I don't think she is a good actor in any sense.
All in all I would give it 2 stars. Underwhelming, some cool special effects that keeps you moderately interested.

Forum List

Back