Medicare ADVANTAGE For All

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
The Democrats are being dishonest when they call Single Payer "Medicare for All". The current Medicare system is not Single Payer; instead it allows for considerable free market competition with consumer buy-in. They're willing to lie to the public because "Medicare for All" is such a nice and easy term, and everyone knows the word.

The Republicans are being dishonest when they ignore the glaring fact that we're all paying for those who can't afford or qualify for coverage with our own higher premiums, higher co-pays, and other increased costs. They're also willing to hamstring American employers, many of whom have to struggle to pay for employees' health care coverage.

Silly wingers. And a vast majority couldn't even describe how the Medicare system actually works if their lives depended on it.

Would you like a quick primer on how this stuff actually works? And better yet, with a plan that is already in place and very popular? If you actually do, here: Yes, we can have affordable 'Medicare for All' with consumer choice. Here's how.

Last edited:
It is clear our HC system is broken, thanks to a corrupt government and greedy capitalists running the system. It can't be fixed in my view. It would appear the only way to fix this thing is single payer...Medicare for all.

It is clear our HC system is broken, thanks to a corrupt government and greedy capitalists running the system. It can't be fixed in my view. It would appear the only way to fix this thing is single payer...Medicare for all.

Huh??? The only way to fix a health care system corrupted by government and greedy corporations is to create a monolithic, single entity run by government and greedy corporations?

I'm getting dizzy.

The Democrats are being dishonest when they call Single Payer "Medicare for All". The current Medicare system is not Single Payer; instead it allows for considerable free market competition with consumer buy-in. They're willing to lie to the public because "Medicare for All" is such a nice and easy term, and everyone knows the word.

The Republicans are being dishonest when they ignore the glaring fact that we're all paying for those who can't afford or qualify for coverage with our own higher premiums, higher co-pays, and other increased costs. They're also willing to hamstring American employers, many of whom have to struggle to pay for employees' health care coverage.

Silly wingers. And a vast majority couldn't even describe how the Medicare system actually works if their lives depended on it.

Would you like a quick primer on how this stuff actually works? And better yet, with a plan that is already in place and very popular? If you actually do, here: Yes, we can have affordable 'Medicare for All' with consumer choice. Here's how.
How about getting The State out of ALL of it, including Medicare/Medicaid which are little more than immense money pits?

How about getting The State out of ALL of it, including Medicare/Medicaid which are little more than immense money pits?
Since that's obviously not going to happen, I'm focusing on what could.

It will either end up Single Payer or what I'm advocating. And I don't want Single Payer.

That's crazy talk. We can't change direction now! We have to follow this train right off the cliff.

Last edited:

Just pass the Nixon\Kennedy plan and be done with it...

It will either end up Single Payer or what I'm advocating. And I don't want Single Payer.

I agree single payer is not the way to go either a Medicare buy in or Medicare for all with Medicare Advantage plans.

I believe in the summer of 2020 when the election rhetoric is really ramping up and the current law is most likely to be at the SCOTUS Trump will revert to single payer or some kind of Medicare for all and take the wind out of the dems and his base will make an about turn and follow.

Polishing turds isn't a solution.

If you say that ridding ourselves of two gigantic fiscal black holes isn't going to happen, then you've already surrendered to the mindset of the central planner statist.

I agree single payer is not the way to go either a Medicare buy in or Medicare for all with Medicare Advantage plans.

I believe in the summer of 2020 when the election rhetoric is really ramping up and the current law is most likely to be at the SCOTUS Trump will revert to single payer or some kind of Medicare for all and take the wind out of the dems and his base will make an about turn and follow.
Yeah, possible. His fans would figure out a way to agree.

That's crazy talk. We can't change direction now! We have to follow this train right off the cliff.
Yeah, freedom is such a crazy idea....What the fuck was I thinking about? :D

Hell, you know they would this is the biggest bunch of so called Jim Jones follower's since Jim Jones himself.

They'd turn on a dime, is my guess. Trump Republicans aren't libertarians, and they aren't conservatives. Depending on what Trump sees on morning TV, he might just decide to go single payer. And if he does, it's practically a done deal. Democrats and Republicans might bicker over how the spoils are divvied up, but they all want that power.

Hell, you know they would this is the biggest bunch of so called Jim Jones follower's since Jim Jones himself.
I guess you were in a coma when the previous cult leader was in the White House, huh?

No she was worshipping him for 8 years

If you are referring to me I am a man and I did not vote for Obama and worship no one, you just keep drinking the trumpsters koolaid.

So you're a Trans, more power to you. Pay attention, You'll find I don't play this binary political game

I guess you were in a coma when the previous cult leader was in the White House, huh?

If you are referring to me I am a man and I did not vote for Obama and worship no one, you just keep drinking the trumpsters koolaid.

So you're a Trans, more power to you. Pay attention, You'll find I don't play this binary political game

Nope wrong again and if you don't play binary political games why are you here?

Nope wrong again and if you don't play binary political games why are you here?

So in your pointy little head there is only room for two points of view. How very enlightened of you.

Its unconstitutional, first and most important. I also understand most people dont give a shit about our wonderful document that limits the central govts powers.
If govt would have never gotten involved, i wonder if things would be ok?
If you pay attention to when healthcare skyrocketed in cost, the govt was just getting its greedy hands on it.
They fuck up everything!

Forum List

Back