Medical layoffs.....

iamwhatiseem

Diamond Member
Aug 19, 2010
On a hill
Yesterday here St Vincent closed numerous offices and redundant doctors.
For instance at their Pediatric center, 8 offices down to 5.
People can't afford to go to the doctor... so they are skipping it.

Bonzi is the office manager at a Physical Therapy office... they use to have near 20 therapist...now... 6. People are simply not coming to appointments. Cancellations everyday.

NYC & vicinity has the opposite problem…the doctors are working their staffs to death.

It has been that way in Indianapolis as well... there was a huge post-covid burst of patients.
Same with Dentist/Eye Doctors.
This is in more rural areas...
It’s called “MDs raking it in and screw the staff”.
I talk to the staff and they have to grab a bite of a sandwich between patients because they don’t get a lunch hour.
My wife is in this situation.

Pediatrics are taking a hit everywhere.....Not so much due to demand but hospital systems don't want to deal with it as much due to liability.....They built a new hospital in my AO.....No Pediatric dept..

The same thing with every smaller hospital that the system has bought-out. They got rid or the Pediatric departments. Now they have to go to the system's main hospital.

Editorial: Pediatric Specificities of Medical Liability: Improvement Measures in Pediatric Settings.
Well that is interesting... St Vincent here closed their pediatric center... hmm

I think a lot of docs are cutting back their hours. I have an appointment coming up, when I scheduled it several months in advance the dame asked what time I'd like to schedule for. The latest appointment time he had was noon.

The MDs get paid a minimum per patient and are raking it in.
Hospitals are also running out of Covid $$$.
I made a thread about that several months ago, last year my kids were raking in mega money with special contracts. Ridiculous money. I'm talking $30,000 on top of regular wages. That was when hospitals were swimming in Covid ca$h

Well that is interesting... St Vincent here closed their pediatric center... hmm
Something I forgot....The new hospital and the ones they bought out no longer have a ICU either.....Gotta go to the main hospital.....Of course they have their own ambulances to tote you there from our ER....The last I checked it costs $1800 for the 22 mile ride from my AO but that was a couple years ago when it first opened, I don't know what it is now.

The system even went so far as to threaten the local FDs who used to tote non-emergency cases there for a $600.00 donation.....It's a money grab pure and simple as far as the toting goes.

I use another system run by UVA, it's only ten miles farther away from me.

I think a lot of docs are cutting back their hours. I have an appointment coming up, when I scheduled it several months in advance the dame asked what time I'd like to schedule for. The latest appointment time he had was noon.

Depending on the doc that may be because they have rounds or surgeries in the afternoon. I have noticed that the preference seems to have switched from scheduling butt-ass crack of dawn surgeries toward afternoon surgeries.

Depending on the doc that may be because they have rounds or surgeries in the afternoon. I have noticed that the preference seems to have switched from scheduling butt-ass crack of dawn surgeries toward afternoon surgeries.
Not in my case I had two six am surgeries in Feb and March

Forum List

Back