McCain redux

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
I've read a lot of nasty things written about McCain by conservatives on this site. Those that know me, know I was no McCain fan either, but it does bother me that conservatives lower themselves down to the level of the Godless left hurling insults and profanity.

I see nothing wrong with saying why you did not like McCain's politics, in fact, I think the Left wants to use this opportunity to silence many of our voices by saying, "How can you talk bad about someone's politics who has just died?" But I state my position any way in a respectful way and leave it at that. We are not here to take abuse without a fight, but we should also not be here to abuse others.

Looking at the bright side of things, I reckon it beats getting shouted down an any major university in the US or censored by Facebook or Youtube etc.

All I have to say is that I think conservatives are better than this, or at least, we need to be in order to prevail against evil.

For whatever reason, this song comes to mind.

Just remember, don't act in the way you know that the Left would act if Trump died.

Be better than that. Also know that the answers to lives problems are not found in politics, rather, it's found in God.

Last edited:
I've read a lot of nasty things written about McCain by conservatives on this site. Those that know me, know I was no McCain fan either, but it does bother me that conservatives lower themselves down to the level of the Godless left hurling insults and profanity.

I see nothing wrong with saying why you did not like McCain's politics, in fact, I think the Left wants to use this opportunity to silence many of our voices by saying, "How can you talk bad about someone's politics who has just died?" But I state my position any way in a respectful way and leave it at that. We are not here to take abuse without a fight, but we should also not be here to abuse others.

Looking at the bright side of things, I reckon it beats getting shouted down an any major university in the US or censored by Facebook or Youtube etc.

All I have to say is that I think conservatives are better than this, or at least, we need to be in order to prevail against evil.

Just remember, don't act in the way you know that the Left would act if Trump died.

Be better than that. Also know that the answers to lives problems are not found in politics, rather, it's found in God.

/-----/ The only good RINO is a dead RINO.
upload_2018-8-26_10-14-22.jpeg

I think it's funny that you are equating the nasty-assed republicans here to this imaginary "godless left". I got news for ya kid, it is almost always the conservatives who resort to name calling and insults first on this site. Mostly I think because they are the ones with the indefensible positions.

God by the way has nothing to do with any of this.

The Watch

For countless years
This sailor has stood the watch
While some of us were in our bunks at night
This sailor stood the watch

While some of us were in school learning our trade
This shipmate stood the watch

Yes.. even before some of us were born into this world

In those years when the storm clouds of war were seen brewing on the horizon of history

Many times he would cast an eye ashore and see his family standing there
Needing his guidance and help
Needing that hand to hold during those hard times
But he still stood the watch

He stood the watch for many years
He stood the watch so that we, our families and
Our fellow countrymen could sleep soundly in safety, Each and every night
Knowing that a sailor stood the watch

Today we are here to say
'Shipmate... the watch stands relieved
Relieved by those You have trained ,Guided, and Led
Shipmate you stand relieved.. we have the watch..."

"Boatswain..Standby to pipe the side...Shipmate's going Ashore.."

R.I.P. Senator.

Woody-with-Washington-Monument.jpg

Do you really not know how your party or supporters of your ideology has been infiltrated and taken over by disgusting liars and the worst of America's lowlife culture? Your post was immediately followed by a silly meme from a deplorable. How can you not see the depths to which your side has fallen? When did disparaging the dead before they are even buried become OK and acceptable to your side?

Good post, OP.

The media should run all th nasty things they said about McCain in 2008.

Here is a small example.

McCain was also labeled a racist...so was Romney, so was Trump....so was Bush.

It what the left does...

Hey.....HOW'S THE AIR UP THERE ON YOUR HIGH HORSE????

High-Horse-09-18-13-400x400.jpg

But often the truth is something that we don't want to hear, me included.

High-Horse-09-18-13-400x400.jpg

But often the truth is something that we don't want to hear, me included.

True as it may be....expecting only one side to adhere to your standards while the other side fails to come close to meeting those standards is a bit hypocritical.
You may have a point, but it's a weak one....and a bit opportunistic.

Good post, OP.

The media should run all th nasty things they said about McCain in 2008.

Here is a small example.

McCain was also labeled a racist...so was Romney, so was Trump....so was Bush.

It what the left does...

That McCain was a bit of a RINO particularly in his later years is inarguable, but one can still admire a man who did things his own way by sheer force of will.

The Democrats used him as a foster child where it suited their needs, but otherwise treated him as any other Republican.

What's really funny is that now that he's dead, the Democrats are racing to finalize the adoption heading into the midterms. They'll have him posthumously cheerleading for Ocacio-Cortez before the Ides of October, guaranteed.

Look McCain was a backstabber who ENJOYED stabbing people in the back, FACT. Yes it sucks that he got cancer and died, but the phony praise people are heaping on the guy is just that, phony.

I beat this drum all night.

This board has lost its mind. There is literally no difference between the right and the left on this board at this point.

The shit being said about McCain is both sad and disgusting. Moral boundaries be damned

Do you really not know how your party or supporters of your ideology has been infiltrated and taken over by disgusting liars and the worst of America's lowlife culture? Your post was immediately followed by a silly meme from a deplorable. How can you not see the depths to which your side has fallen? When did disparaging the dead before they are even buried become OK and acceptable to your side?

/-----/ And Libtards say we never criticize our own, but when we do, Libtards lash out.

Probably cleaner than that bullshit you are breathing in the gutter.

Asshole

Votto is an interestingly bipolar character. He made a thread making light of this man's death in the flame zone...

And now makes this thread in order to use sanctimony to....ultimately...sneak in yet another pathetic partisan diss.

Let the flow of the bacon grease rivers guode you, Votto.

Look McCain was a backstabber who ENJOYED stabbing people in the back, FACT. Yes it sucks that he got cancer and died, but the phony praise people are heaping on the guy is just that, phony.

You are the phony. While I disagreed with him on a few things, it was all about how he saw the issue. There are large numbers of people in this country with knife wounds after being stabbed in the back by Trump.

Forum List

Back