mcmichaels charged with hate crime on the arbery case, new trial coming

Its the same alleged crime
No. It is not. They are not being charged with Murder at the Federal level. The state charge of Murder is on the books of that state, put there by their legislature. The Federal charge is under a law enacted by both houses of US Congress and signed by the President, I think back in 2009. Two different laws. Two different crimes.

Break down the case for us Hawk, tell us how they were legal in their actions against an innocent, black man.
The black criminal who was caught snooping in a house that didn’t belong to him ran at the guy and tried to take his gun.

What was the white guy supposed to do? Let him take his firearm so he could be murdered by the criminal?

I believe in states rights. I believe the rights not given to the federal government by the constitution reside in the states.
Where are "hate crimes"
It is taking on a burden and a financial obligation.

It seems nonsensical for any entity to WANT a convicted prisoner in their system - no gains whatsoever.
The feds have their reasons at times, I've seen convicts released into FBI custody and not be returned for months but that's usually worked-out between them and the state AG's office and usually has to do with the convict ratting out their associates like with the biker gangs back in the day.

No. It is not. They are not being charged with Murder at the Federal level. The state charge of Murder is on the books of that state, put there by their legislature. The Federal charge is under a law enacted by both houses of US Congress and signed by the President, I think back in 2009. Two different laws. Two different crimes.
You are splitting hairs and its bullshit

one alleged “crime” and one trial only

The black criminal who was caught snooping in a house that didn’t belong to him ran at the guy and tried to take his gun.

What was the white guy supposed to do? Let him take his firearm so he could be murdered by the criminal?

What color is the sky in the make believe world you live in?

You are splitting hairs and its bullshit

one alleged “crime” and one trial only
The murder crime charge is not alleged. They have been convicted. They are guilty. The Hate crime charge is alleged by the Federal Government. It is alleged until it is proven guilty or not guilty by a separate jury in Federal Court in front of a Federal Judge. Not the same crime, or statute and not double jeopardy. It is just a charge that was not charged at state level. Georgia is the newes state to enact a hate crime law and it was done after this murder. State never had the authority to even charge as a state crime, though it was enacted before they went to trial, but the constitution forbids expost facto. If you commit an act or deed, but there is no law against it when you did it, that can't make up a law after the fact to charge you with. In this case, the Federal Government of us, you, me, everybody in the country has had them on the books for years. Now that Georgia has a hate crime law, there are actually only 3 states left that do not have a hate crime law.
49 states and territories have hate crime laws -- but they vary

Sorry JB Stoner, none of the 3 caught him snooping nowhere. Since I can't outrun a bullet, if some coward jumps out his vehicle at me with a gun and I would try to take it from him as well. Or should he just stand there and wait to be shout. Greg had already told him that he would blow his fucking head off.
You mean what should the 3 white murderers have done, kept their stupid, redneck, racist asses at home and left that innocent, black man alone.

The murder crime charge is not alleged. They have been convicted. They are guilty. The Hate crime charge is alleged by the Federal Government. It is alleged until it is proven guilty or not guilty by a separate jury in Federal Court in front of a Federal Judge. Not the same crime, or statute and not double jeopardy. It is just a charge that was not charged at state level. Georgia is the newes state to enact a hate crime law and it was done after this murder. State never had the authority to even charge as a state crime, though it was enacted before they went to trial, but the constitution forbids expost facto. If you commit an act or deed, but there is no law against it when you did it, that can't make up a law after the fact to charge you with. In this case, the Federal Government of us, you, me, everybody in the country has had them on the books for years. Now that Georgia has a hate crime law, there are actually only 3 states left that do not have a hate crime law.
49 states and territories have hate crime laws -- but they vary
Its double jeapordy

but be careful what you wish for

any game libs can dream up conservatives can learn to play when the shoe is on the other foot

you are playing with fire

Its double jeapordy

any game libs can dream up conservatives can learn to play when the shoe is on the other foot

No. If they had tried to charge them again with murder as a federal crime, that would have been double jeapordy. Then next time three guys gun down some other guy in that state, it might be a hate crime in addition to the murder charge, as their Republican controlled legislature has now pass a hate crime law and their Republican Governor has now signed it into law.

Its double jeapordy

Well, the Republican legislature and Republican governor of Georgia signed hate crime legislation into law in Georgia also. That means with only 3 state remaining that have not disagreed with you, you have a 94% chance of living in one of the 47 out of 50 states in the country with laws against hate crimes. If you actually live in this country, you have been in a country that sees it as a crime for years.

How is it double jeopardy, explain the double jeopardy law for us.
I dont chase ambulances professionally

so I dont give crap what some pinhead lib academic or a judge says it is

common sense tells me that the corrupt federal government - aka biden flunkies - are abusing their authority

Well, the Republican legislature and Republican governor of Georgia signed hate crime legislation into law in Georgia also. That means with only 3 state remaining that have not disagreed with you, you have a 94% chance of living in one of the 47 out of 50 states in the country with laws against hate crimes. If you actually live in this country, you have been in a country that sees it as a crime for years.
I’m aware that many RINO’s are just willows in the wind

and thats shameful

There's really no point in rehashing this. They're guilty. They're going to die in prison. Ol' pudgy Travis is gonna' end up some big, black buck's girlfriend.

And all will be right with the world...

this is so ridiculous. they are in for life. lets move on. the idiots screwed up because thought he was stealing. not a hate crime. this is just the begining a white person even looks at black persion they get setence for hate crime. this race shit is just reuning our country.
Like Emmett Till

There's really no point in rehashing this. They're guilty. They're going to die in prison. Ol' pudgy Travis is gonna' end up some big, black buck's girlfriend.

And all will be right with the world...
Whenever a white person goes to prison libs are obsessed with the idea of black men raping them

why does that attract libs so much ?

Whenever a white person goes to prison libs are obsessed with the idea of black men raping them

why does that attract libs so much ?

I'm hardly a lib.

But what I am is someone who's smart enough to see that three rednecks chased down an unarmed black man and killed him for, apparently, no other reason than he had the audacity to be in their neighborhood.

So, yeah, if Travis gets a dry ass-fucking from some lifer negro who spends his life lifting weights, so be it...

Forum List

Back