McDonald's president who made $7.4 million last year says proposal to pay fast-food workers $22 an hour is 'costly and job-destroying'

I looked it up. McDonalds employs approx 1.9 MILLION people, nationwide.

A pay hike of $7.00/hour times 8 hour work days times 365 days a year comes to $20,440.00. That’s just the increase in salary due to the raise. Multiply that by 1.9 MILLION and you come to approximately $38,836,000,000.oo higher wages per year.

The price of burger, fries and a coke are going to have to be raised. A lot. And that means the CEO’s salary is absolutely irrelevant to the math.

I have to tell ya: my numbers may be off. But the principle isn’t changed nor is the overall effect. And while I don’t mind eating fast food once in a while, I don’t care for it so much that I’m about to fork over ever increasing prices to buy it.

If the goal is to price their product out of existence, they’re on the right glide path.

Wendy's may have better food (honestly, it's mostly a wash), but the service is not even close.

Over here it's pretty much all the same no matter which FF place you decide on. Burger King is the worst in service and they don't pay any different than McDonald's.

Right to work laws protect individual liberty so yes I would be against doing away with them you are correct. You are ok with forcing association?

Who said I hate unions? Who was even talking about unions? There are good and bad with them for sure. They are far too political IMO, and they have undoubtedly killed a number of industries in the US. The steel industry being the best example.
Do they?
Or do they use the power of government to prevent unionization?

"In 1970, adults in middle-income households accounted for 62% of aggregate income, a share that fell to 42% in 2020."

When the GOP started its war on unions most income went to the middle class.

It's never been about "freedom" and always about greed.

Do they?
Or do they use the power of government to prevent unionization?

"In 1970, adults in middle-income households accounted for 62% of aggregate income, a share that fell to 42% in 2020."

When the GOP started its war on unions most income went to the middle class.

It's never been about "freedom" and always about greed.

Correct, most of the income went to the middle-class. Who wants to run a business where the workers get most of the money a company makes?

That's why the movement started of moving companies to China. When unions were strong, we were the manufacturing capital of the world, today China is. As for unions, most of the union jobs today are government jobs.

Wendy's has better products than McDonald's or Burger King, but the jobs pay about the same. It's not the labor that makes food taste better.
10 bucks for a burger at five guys
5 for the same burger at Wendy's

Why are people willing to pay more at five guys where wages are about 20% higher?

Fast cheap food that tastes great is genius, these restaurants were not and are not set up to support families, they are set up for high schools students to some extra money in their pocket, they are the definition of "entry level" positions where you earn an honest buck and work your way up the food chain while learning the meaning of work [pardon the pun].

Meaningless cliche knopp, fast food restaurants and their fast tasty food is a far better idea than anything that we are pretending can replace them...

...the more expensive burger only plays into the white liberal myth they are not the ones pricing the poor out of societies perks and will after a while declare fast food "white privilege".

...just look around the world to see which business model is copied, "fast food" or "Chateau le mortgage payment"...I eat gourmet cooking all the time, but when my tastebuds are screaming nothing silences them like a whopper with everything,...tastes infinitely better and the world agrees.
And if those jobs not be filled well you are on board.

10 bucks for a burger at five guys
5 for the same burger at Wendy's

Why are people willing to pay more at five guys where wages are about 20% higher?

Maybe because they have better quality food? Let's face it, FF places use the lowest quality of everything in most cases. Wendy's has a better quality of beef even though it's actually worse for your health. Anybody my age or older can tell you a Big Mac today doesn't taste anything like when they first came out. Same thing with the Whopper at Burger King. The only two FF places that I never seen a change in is Wendy's and KFC. But when you go there, you're not going to pay McDonald's or Popeye's prices. They are more expensive and the workers don't make any more than the other places.

It's like pizza. I stay away from all franchise places because it's cheap food. You can taste the difference. Pizza Hut used to have fantastic pizzas, but people flocked to the cheaper places, and now their pizza sucks as well. You are not getting a free pizza because you bought one. You are just getting two low quality pizzas.

What do you think is a fair price for a McDonald's big Mac, fries and coke?
A fair price? What are you? A communist?

A fair price is anything that the company can get away with charging.

Capitalism 101. You may want to look it up.

But it is ironic that you bring up "fair" prices but have a problem with the workers making "fair" wages.

A fair price? What are you? A communist?

A fair price is anything that the company can get away with charging.

Capitalism 101. You may want to look it up.

But it is ironic that you bring up "fair" prices but have a problem with the workers making "fair" wages.
Exactly. You want a fair wage, but complain about providing a fair price for your product. Where did you learn economics.. Disneyland?

Exactly. You want a fair wage, but complain about providing a fair price for your product. Where did you learn economics.. Disneyland?
Retard. I want a fair wage and a fair price for the product. You are the one whining about the price of a Big Mac.

And, here's a tip for you, retard: If you are complaining about paying for a burger? Guess what, you need to get a better paying job.

That's what they taught me at Disneyland economics. Let me know if you are still confused. :itsok:

Retard. I want a fair wage and a fair price for the product. You are the one whining about the price of a Big Mac.

And, here's a tip for you, retard: If you are complaining about paying for a burger? Guess what, you need to get a better paying job.

That's what they taught me at Disneyland economics. Let me know if you are still confused. :itsok:
So retired seniors on social security now can't afford to go to McDonald's for lunch. How nice. Are you aware that minimum wage was never meant to be a "living wage"?

So retired seniors on social security now can't afford to go to McDonald's for lunch. How nice. Are you aware that minimum wage was never meant to be a "living wage"?
Again, one more time, retard - what part of fair price for a product don’t you get? Come back when you can read.

Forum List

Back