McDonald's president who made $7.4 million last year says proposal to pay fast-food workers $22 an hour is 'costly and job-destroying'

yeah but there are 58 listings, in one city for one job description. now add in Electrician, plumber, drywall hanger, drywall finisher, laborer, welding, truck driver, carpenter, mason, etc. Your argument that the jobs dont exist is FUCKING BULL SHIT.

Where are the jobs manufacturing televisions? Shoes? Toasters? etc etc etc.

I posted where the place I worked tried to send my job to China but failed in part.

OK
Then let's do away with all those right to work laws and give unions the identical protections as businesses.

Right to work laws protect individual liberty so yes I would be against doing away with them you are correct. You are ok with forcing association?

But wait! You hate unions because by forcing higher wages via negotiation that precious profit is diminished and the wealthy don't get as much.

Who said I hate unions? Who was even talking about unions? There are good and bad with them for sure. They are far too political IMO, and they have undoubtedly killed a number of industries in the US. The steel industry being the best example.

Where are the jobs manufacturing televisions? Shoes? Toasters? etc etc etc.

I posted where the place I worked tried to send my job to China but failed in part.

So because you dont get to manufacture exactly what you want I have to support you? WTF? Just because a specific job doesnt exist doesnt mean you get to just sit down and expect someone else to support your life.

So because you dont get to manufacture exactly what you want I have to support you? WTF? Just because a specific job doesnt exist doesnt mean you get to just sit down and expect someone else to support your life.

I'm retired. Luckily my job didn't end.

People shouldn't have to work two jobs just so others can continue to have a cheap burger.
Fast cheap food that tastes great is genius, these restaurants were not and are not set up to support families, they are set up for high schools students to some extra money in their pocket, they are the definition of "entry level" positions where you earn an honest buck and work your way up the food chain while learning the meaning of work [pardon the pun].

People shouldn't have to work two jobs just so others can continue to have a cheap burger.
Meaningless cliche knopp, fast food restaurants and their fast tasty food is a far better idea than anything that we are pretending can replace them...

...the more expensive burger only plays into the white liberal myth they are not the ones pricing the poor out of societies perks and will after a while declare fast food "white privilege".

...just look around the world to see which business model is copied, "fast food" or "Chateau le mortgage payment"...I eat gourmet cooking all the time, but when my tastebuds are screaming nothing silences them like a whopper with everything,...tastes infinitely better and the world agrees.

And he's 100% correct! $22.00 an hour for entry level burger flippers is ridiculous!

'Business Insider' is a leftwing site, and they're doing their best to guilt-trip anyone who opposes paying these kind of entry level wages.

/——/ Remember when it was $15 an hour? The industry is moving towards automation as we speak.

Unfortunately in our country it does. That's why the solution to our labor and government program shortages is cut down on social programs for people that are fully capable of working.

Fast cheap food that tastes great is genius, these restaurants were not and are not set up to support families, they are set up for high schools students to some extra money in their pocket, they are the definition of "entry level" positions where you earn an honest buck and work your way up the food chain while learning the meaning of work [pardon the pun].

I don't disagree. Jobs that were meant for that was allowed to move overseas to avoid it.

Meaningless cliche knopp, fast food restaurants and their fast tasty food is a far better idea than anything that we are pretending can replace them...

...the more expensive burger only plays into the white liberal myth they are not the ones pricing the poor out of societies perks and will after a while declare fast food "white privilege".

...just look around the world to see which business model is copied, "fast food" or "Chateau le mortgage payment"...I eat gourmet cooking all the time, but when my tastebuds are screaming nothing silences them like a whopper with everything,...tastes infinitely better and the world agrees.

No idea what your eating habits have to do with what we are discussing.

How about that CEO getting 22$ per hour. and no travel allowance, no free medical care etc. etc., Good idea?

If they're gonna pay $22/hr for a burger flipper, my happy meal is gonna be a sad meal.

Holy hell, $22 an hour?? I'm making that right now slaving away at 12 hour factory shifts loading trucks... What's to stop me from moving to a burger flipper job and leaving the manufacturing scene then?
Yeah, what is stopping you from taking a better-paying job? Other than wasting your time on this site.

When these jobs were "set up", fast food places were uncommon. Now it`s a substantial part of our economy. BTW, they were "set up" by people looking for cheap labor and big profits.

When these jobs were "set up", fast food places were uncommon.
they were unheard of to be exact, but whats the point of that claim?
Now it`s a substantial part of our economy.
proving it was done the right way
BTW, they were "set up" by people looking for cheap labor and big profits.
in much the same way all entry level positions are designed, [hardware stores of the past now = "home depot"], ya start at the bottom and work your way up, ya offer employment to those who are getting off the ground and ya feed entire nations no matter there income and ya get to eat some of the best tasting food anywhere, ya don't see gourmet restaurants popping up on every corner nor do ya see the poor eating at them...everybody this was designed by and for gets something out of it. that's the intended purpose/idea of allowing Americans to get filthy rich.

that said, your post did nothing to dispel my post that you were addressing, it just 'spoke at it' without substance

New Topics

Forum List

Back