McDonald’s SHUTS DOWN website after being caught telling staff not to eat fast food

Teacher John Cisna Says McDonald's Diet Helped Him Lose Weight -- But Is It Actually Healthy?

"By the end of the 90-day project, Cisna lost 37 pounds from his 280-pound frame, and his cholesterol came down 79 points"

And to make the challenge more difficult they tried to stay within nutritional guidelines, i.e. a healthy diet.

"His students quickly found that they couldn't keep him at 2,000 calories while still fulfilling the 15 nutritional guidelines, and chose to sacrifice his calories instead of his daily recommended nutrients"

I’m tired of people acting like they are better than McDonald’s. It’s like, you may have never set a foot in McDonald’s, but you have your own McDonald’s, maybe instead of buying a Big Mac, you read Us Weekly. Hey, that’s still McDonald’s. It’s just served up a little different. Maybe your McDonald’s is telling yourself that Starbucks Frappuccino is not a milk shake or maybe you watch Glee - Jim Gaffigan.

Are you serious?

I AM better than McDonald's. So are you. Of course we are better than that tasteless, vile garbage they sell. We're the richest country in the world and yet we consider McDonald's to be "food"?

McDonald's, and other fat food chains, are just another example of us paying huge corporations to make us sick. If you would not give your little child a cigarette, then why would you buy them a "Happy Meal"? Cripes, I wouldn't even feed that to my dog.

I have never said people should eat only "good for you" food. Of course I have my guilty pleasures but no, I don't consider gargling with fat and grease to be a good thing.

Do you want to live forever?

Not me, I've lived long enough.

I haven't lived long enough. Not yet.

But, much more important is that I feel and look good for as long as possible. I don't want to be sick, diseased, fat and I really like good food.

But that's just me.

YMMV

Anybody ever say "let's go out for British food tonight"? Why does the UK stick it's greasy nose into American eating habits?

What does the article have to do with or even mention "American eat habits"? It was about the fact that McD's advises their employees to eat "healthier options".

Besides, McDs is a cancer. Its not just America that eats this garbage. Its everywhere. Indeed, we're seeing an increase in heart disease, cancer, obesity, diabetes in other countries because they are eating more and more "American" food.

The source is the UK Mail. It's ironic that their official or unofficial dish is greasy mystery fish in newspaper. A Big Mac is gourmet food compared to the junk they serve in the UK.

If you care about human beings and you care about your planet, don't eat this shit. And, for gawd's sake, don't let a child put it in their mouth.

Seriously, I can understand it that the very poor can't afford real food but that's the only possible reason for actually eating fat food crap.
Oh jesus christ dude give it a rest.

Moderation is key, the occasional fast food meal isn't going to kill anyone, nor will putting it in a child's mouth kill them. If you like McDonalds go treat yourself every once in awhile.

Fast food is certainly no worse on an occasional outing basis than the steak, baked potato with butter and sour cream, roll with butter, and salad slathered with dressing.

You can even eat fast food every day if you watch what you eat. When I was working there were several fast food places around. I would eat KFC, Taco John's, Arby's. I would get an occasional burger but not at Micky D's. I just didn't get the 'combo' packs. A sandwich and diet drink don't contain that many calories. Even when I get the steak and baked potato meal in a nice restaurant, I take half of it home with me for another meal.

I have a meat grinder and I'm going to start grinding my own beef. Groceries are allowed to use pink slime in the ground beef they sell you. I don't really like the idea of it.

The bottom line is that Americans are gluttons. Gluttony is one of the 7 deadly sins. People will die from their gluttony.

Anybody ever say "let's go out for British food tonight"? Why does the UK stick it's greasy nose into American eating habits?

What does the article have to do with or even mention "American eat habits"? It was about the fact that McD's advises their employees to eat "healthier options".

Besides, McDs is a cancer. Its not just America that eats this garbage. Its everywhere. Indeed, we're seeing an increase in heart disease, cancer, obesity, diabetes in other countries because they are eating more and more "American" food.

The source is the UK Mail. It's ironic that their official or unofficial dish is greasy mystery fish in newspaper. A Big Mac is gourmet food compared to the junk they serve in the UK.

You're bitching that the UK is talking about US eating habits when the article had nothing at all to do with any country's eating habits.

If you think a big mac is gourmet compared to ANYTHING, you don't have anything to compare it to.

Why in the world would anyone defend McDs?

Get a grip and try eating real food. You might find you like it.

Or not.

With heart disease and obesity killing so many adults, cancer rising astronomically, childhood obesity at an all time high and babies as young as 2yo testing with high cholesterol, you are probably wrong.
Faulty correlation there, the existence of heart disease, obesity, cancer etc. in no way proves I'm wrong that the occasional fast food meal will not kill you.

It might prove most people eat too much fatty foods, or eat too much, but neither of those is the same as someone enjoying fast food in moderation.

Look at where our country is going. GMO, Monsanto, HFCS, more chemicals than actual food in the ingredients ... There is no such thing as "moderation" when it comes to fast food. We're now seeing the results of entire generations being raised eating this poison and we need to pay attention to that.
There is certainly such a thing as moderation in fast foods, they aren't magic evil things they are just food items that have a relatively a lot of cholesterol and fat. If your overall diet includes occasional fast food but still stays within healthy levels of fat/cholesterol intake you are fine and millions of people prove it.

Why in the world would anyone defend McDs?
Why in the world would anyone make shrill nonsensical alarmist bullshit claims about the effects of the occasional consumption of fast food?

Get a grip and try eating real food. You might find you like it.
I do eat real food. I enjoy cooking and have a very balanced diet, in fact since I'm fortunate enough to have a solid income I probably eat a lot more healthy fruits/nuts/vegetables/fish than many.

I also sometimes swing by a fast food place for lunch, because I'm not stupid enough to believe it is magic bad food that eaten once a week will somehow counteract the entire rest of my eating habits. I just had the big mid 40 physical and my cholesterol is fine, my BMI is on the very low end of the normal range, hell I'm within 5 pounds of what I weighed when I graduated college over 20 years ago.

Moderation with booze, moderation with fast food, you'll be fine. Don't listen to the drama queen omg it'll kill you dumbfucks.

My local McDonald's must get their meat from a different place because their meat is fine, at least it is whenever I am there. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly
[MENTION=37889]JOSweetHeart[/MENTION] If you care about human beings and you care about your planet, don't eat this shit. And, for gawd's sake, don't let a child put it in their mouth.

Seriously, I can understand it that the very poor can't afford real food but that's the only possible reason for actually eating fat food crap.
I don't have any kids.

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

The same website that told employees to apply for food stamps, pawn their things and find second jobs as at it again this week, telling staff not to eat deep-fried food and choose 'healthier options

McResource Line has now been listed as 'temporarily unavailable for upgrades'

Embarrassingly, McDonald's admitted the take-down was due to the site containing 'outdated information' that 'created unwarranted scrutiny'

It's the most McHappy of circumstances.

An embarrassing situation for McDonald's has now escalated as the fast food giant temporarily shut down their now-infamous staff-only website, McResource Line, on Wednesday after it was revealed the chain had been lecturing employees not to eat take out.

The same site hit headlines earlier this year for urging employees to sell their things and get second jobs to make ends meet.

A graphic on the homepage read: 'Fast foods are quick, reasonably priced, and readily available alternatives to home cooking. While convenient and economical for a busy lifestyle, fast foods are typically high in calories, fat, saturated fat, sugar, and salt and may put people at risk for becoming overweight.'

I was never a big fan of McDonald's. Of fast food restaurants, they are on the bottom of my list. The big mac meat, when eaten with no sauce on it literally tastes like cardboard. Wonder how much actual beef they put in their burgers?

McDonald's shuts down website after telling staff not to eat their food | Mail Online

Since I rarely eat processed food, I have nothing to do with either restaurants, fast food or otherwise.

These incidents of stupidity on the part of McDonald's, however, don't surprise me.
I'll be honest and admit that I am a fast food junkie. :D

Most of my lunches and late night trips to the drive thru involve fast food, but I make up for my fast food meals by having a good breakfast (or two) and usually a home cooked meal for supper. I have a high metabolism, so I burn off the calories pretty quick.

Forum List

Back