McConnell Faces New Pressure For Big Stimulus After Grim Unemployment Report; 'Political Games Costing Lives'

Why do RW morons believe that the American economy ever shut down? It did not. We never "locked down" and we never did what we should have done to stop the virus in it's tracks. We have had THE WORST response to the pandemic of any nation in the fucking world.

We never shut down. Morons never stayed home. And we are now paying for it.

It's impossible for people to stay home. The bills still arrive and expect to be paid.

That's why they need to be compensated to stay home.

But it never happened. Corporations were paid billions to keep people coming to work.

That is true. What are we arguing about?

Arguing? I was explaining why people can't stay home.

To who? Did you get the impression that I don't understand that point?

Yet those democrat mayors an governors did nothing to put an end to it.
Really? How many people were arrested and how many are being prosected for the destruction? As many as they could catch. Ask a real cop who was in one of those real riots where hundreds were spread out burning, looting and causing destruction. Ask them how easy it is to identify the person responsible in that crowd--while you're watching one, two more are doing the same thing down the block. Real riots are chaos. When they could pinch them, they did. And the riots ended. Who do you think ended them, Task?

You have been fed a lot of right wing twisted reporting. Way over 90% of the protests were lawful and not violent. The people were exercising a 1st amendment right the government cannot prevent. A group of looters and anarchists and generally furious folks took advantage of the crowds and caused their own mayhem. It damaged the cause.

Yes, some cities took the approach that tear gas and rubber bullets would only escalate things. Actually, the US military agrees. You negotiate, listen to the beef, try to address it sensibly, not throw gasoline on a hotheaded crowd just aching for a fight... and if some local authorities went overboard in taking the protesters' side, might it be because those are their constituents?

I'm sure nothing I say will change your perspective, but I still believe that what you are hoping to do is punish people who you don't agree with. At least that is what it would amount to if you get your way.

"How many people were arrested and how many are being prosected for the destruction? As many as they could catch." Bullcookies, most of them were NOT prosecuted and were let loose the next day. People from Hollywood and Biden's own staff were posting bail for them. Most of them weren't even caught or arrested. In many cases the police were told to stand down.

"Way over 90% of the protests were lawful and not violent." Nobody cares about the 90% that were lawful and not violent. It was the other 10% or whatever that were the problem, which in many cases was allowed to continue unabated. If you want to say that was right-wing twisted reporting, fine.

"You negotiate, listen to the beef, try to address it sensibly, not throw gasoline on a hotheaded crowd just aching for a fight."

I do not believe those big city democrat mayors and governors tried to address the problem, they took a hands-off approach and let it get out of hand and stay that way. Why? Politics would be my guess, they let their cities burn and citizens get hurt or killed for purely political reasons. And I know this: this shit didn't happen much in RED cities and states. When riots broke out there, those mayors and governors mostly put a stop to it fairly quickly. Ask yourself why that is.

"and if some local authorities went overboard in taking the protesters' side, might it be because those are their constituents?"

First, there's a difference between protesters and rioters, lets not confuse the 2. People can march down the street carrying signs and shouting protests and that's all fine. There were mayors and police chiefs all over the country that tried to show some unity with the protesters, kneeled with them etc. BUT - when darkness falls and the curfew has passed and the bricks and bottles start flying then it ain't no protest any longer, it's a riot. I suspect most of the rioters were not the same protesters we saw during the day, many were troublemakers from somewhere else and were NOT constituents.

"I'm sure nothing I say will change your perspective, but I still believe that what you are hoping to do is punish people who you don't agree with. At least that is what it would amount to if you get your way."

You're right, my perspective on this is not going to change, not ever. Lawlessness cannot go unchallenged, but it did over and over again in so many big cities and states that were managed and lead by democrats. To my mind that was unforgiveable, to allow the most basic of gov't functions which is to provide safety and security to their citizens to be disregarded was outrageous. And I'll be damned if I'm going to support paying for the consequences of such conduct with my federal tax dollars.

You can call it punitive if you want to. I call it being held responsible for your decisions. I know that's a strange concept to those on the Left, but there it is.

Last edited:
Did you want to see people dying on airplanes? dying all over the place?

This crisis was directly caused by corrupt, destructive, and malicious acts on the part of government, deliberately sabotaging the economy under the pretext of a fake “pandemic”.
It was not Trump, it was not the Senate, it was not the supreme court that shut down businesses. It was governors and mayors, largely democrat, who shut everything down to hurt Trump and small businesses.

Trump shut the economy down. He said so. It’s right here. Why do you ignore it.

Dying on Airplanes

Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing

Issued on: April 1, 2020

THE PRESIDENT: It says 100- to 200,000. Anything — it’s a lot of people, right? It’s a lot of people.
Well, you didn’t ask the other question. What would have happened — because this is the question that I’ve been asking Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx for a long time, and they’ve been working on this for a long time.
The question is: What would have happened if we did nothing? Because there was a group that said, “Let’s just ride it oiut. Let’s ride it out.” What would have happened? And that number comes in at 1.5 to 1.6 million people, up to 2.2 and even beyond. So that’s 2.2 million people would have died if we did nothing, if we just carried on our life.

Now, I don’t think that would have been possible because you would have had people dying all over the place. This would not have been a normal life. How many people have even seen anybody die? You would have seen people dying on airplanes. You would have been seeing people dying in hotel lobbies. You would’ve seen death all over.

So I think, from a practical standpoint, that couldn’t have been carried out too far. But — but if you — if you did nothing, on the higher side, the number would be 2.2 and maybe even more, and on the lower side, 1.6 million people.

Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing | The White House

Way over 90% of the protests were lawful and not violent.

Egal6uAXsAEJaqR.jpg

The Labor Department's grim unemployment report has placed new pressure on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to take a larger stimulus deal so that Americans struggling to pay for food and rent can receive quick relief, as coronavirus cases surge across the country.

In November, the U.S. saw its slowest month of growth since spring, according to the department's Friday report. Employers added just 245,000 jobs last month, and while the unemployment rate decreased from 6.9 to 6.7 percent, it was largely due to a flood of people leaving the labor force.

"This is an ugly report," said Diane Swonk, chief economist for Grant Thornton. "It will go negative next month."

So now we all have to pony up to pay for Dems locking down everything?

Fuck you commies and your wealth redistribution bullshit.

Moscow Mitch is coming down. He won't survive this one and neither will his bully boy supporters. And it really doesn't matter if the Reps lose the senate or not. If the Reps have any hopes of hanging onto the senate in 2022, this cretin needs to be sent packing as Senate Majority Leader.

Why do RW morons believe that the American economy ever shut down? It did not. We never "locked down" and we never did what we should have done to stop the virus in it's tracks. We have had THE WORST response to the pandemic of any nation in the fucking world.

It's impossible for people to stay home. The bills still arrive and expect to be paid.

But it never happened. Corporations were paid billions to keep people coming to work.

Yes, when you called people morons for not staying home. I had to explain to you why they couldn't.

The Labor Department's grim unemployment report has placed new pressure on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to take a larger stimulus deal so that Americans struggling to pay for food and rent can receive quick relief, as coronavirus cases surge across the country.

In November, the U.S. saw its slowest month of growth since spring, according to the department's Friday report. Employers added just 245,000 jobs last month, and while the unemployment rate decreased from 6.9 to 6.7 percent, it was largely due to a flood of people leaving the labor force.

"This is an ugly report," said Diane Swonk, chief economist for Grant Thornton. "It will go negative next month."

Sen. McConnell won his reelection, now is the time for Sleepy Joe to reach across the aisle with a proposal that Deplorable Chump Americans can celebrate.

Again, this is like the cliché about government breaking your leg, and giving you a crutch, and you're supposed to be grateful for the crutch.

This crisis was directly caused by corrupt, destructive, and malicious acts on the part of government, deliberately sabotaging the economy under the pretext of a fake “pandemic”.

Having government redistribute the dwindling supply of wealth being generated by the few who are still allowed to work to produce it, to those who are not, is no solution at all.

The only solution has to be based on putting an end to the outrageous abuses of government power that have stifled the economy and destroyed small business, and to hold those who caused this criminally responsible for their acts of fraud and malfeasance and abuses of power.
Damn..that was a lot of words just to say, 'Let them eat cake!"
So,genius. Almost 10 TRILLION has already been spent. What is another Virus breaks out in 2 years?

Again, this is like the cliché about government breaking your leg, and giving you a crutch, and you're supposed to be grateful for the crutch.

Having government redistribute the dwindling supply of wealth being generated by the few who are still allowed to work to produce it, to those who are not, is no solution at all.

The only solution has to be based on putting an end to the outrageous abuses of government power that have stifled the economy and destroyed small business, and to hold those who caused this criminally responsible for their acts of fraud and malfeasance and abuses of power.
So,genius. Almost 10 TRILLION has already been spent. What is another Virus breaks out in 2 years?

This is by no means our last pandemic. Guys like Doc Fauci really like being in the limelight as superstars. Expect mask requirements and other restrictions put in place during future influenza outbreaks, etc. If the Zika virus,SARS, aids or Ebola had waited to appear until 2023 when the Corona will presumably be history, dam straight we will have it.

Yes, when you called people morons for not staying home. I had to explain to you why they couldn't.

Hmmmm. What we have here is a failure to communicate. Spend a few minutes learning who is who around here.

Hmmmm. What we have here is a failure to communicate. Spend a few minutes learning who is who around here.

Sorry, what did I say that was wrong?

Did you want to see people dying on airplanes? dying all over the place?

It was not Trump, it was not the Senate, it was not the supreme court that shut down businesses. It was governors and mayors, largely democrat, who shut everything down to hurt Trump and small businesses.

Trump shut the economy down. He said so. It’s right here. Why do you ignore it.

Dying on Airplanes

Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing

Issued on: April 1, 2020

THE PRESIDENT: It says 100- to 200,000. Anything — it’s a lot of people, right? It’s a lot of people.
Well, you didn’t ask the other question. What would have happened — because this is the question that I’ve been asking Dr. Fauci and Dr. Birx for a long time, and they’ve been working on this for a long time.
The question is: What would have happened if we did nothing? Because there was a group that said, “Let’s just ride it oiut. Let’s ride it out.” What would have happened? And that number comes in at 1.5 to 1.6 million people, up to 2.2 and even beyond. So that’s 2.2 million people would have died if we did nothing, if we just carried on our life.

Now, I don’t think that would have been possible because you would have had people dying all over the place. This would not have been a normal life. How many people have even seen anybody die? You would have seen people dying on airplanes. You would have been seeing people dying in hotel lobbies. You would’ve seen death all over.

So I think, from a practical standpoint, that couldn’t have been carried out too far. But — but if you — if you did nothing, on the higher side, the number would be 2.2 and maybe even more, and on the lower side, 1.6 million people.

Remarks by President Trump, Vice President Pence, and Members of the Coronavirus Task Force in Press Briefing | The White House

What exactly did Trump do to shut down the economy? Because liberals already told us Trump doesn't have the power to do this.

So which is it?

Are you calling your "proof" that Trump shut the entire economy down a few remarks he made at a press briefing? I think you're confused. It's Biden that wants to shut it down:

Last edited:

You missed the part where I have been here for years advocating for a strengthening of our safety net, an equitable redistribution of wealth and a return to demand side economics. My "moron" label was directed at RIGHT WING morons who refused to do what is needed to kill the virus, which implies that people need to be compensated to stay home. You ain't explaining anything to me here. What you got wrong was the entire gist of my comment.

You missed the part where I have been here for years advocating for a strengthening of our safety net, an equitable redistribution of wealth and a return to demand side economics. My "moron" label was directed at RIGHT WING morons who refused to do what is needed to kill the virus, which implies that people need to be compensated to stay home. You ain't explaining anything to me here. What you got wrong was the entire gist of my comment.

I understood your message but saw no need to call people with little choice, morons for not staying home.

I understood your message but saw no need to call people with little choice, morons for not staying home.

If you understood my message, you'd know that I was not referring to people with little choice.

If you understood my message, you'd know that I was not referring to people with little choice.

They went out every bit as much as anyone. The only ones worthy of the title was the politicians that decided to fund people going out. (and they came from both sides)

They went out every bit as much as anyone. The only ones worthy of the title was the politicians that decided to fund people going out. (and they came from both sides)

it's been that way for years and will continue. It's why I support people burning things down.

This is by no means our last pandemic. Guys like Doc Fauci really like being in the limelight as superstars. Expect mask requirements and other restrictions put in place during future influenza outbreaks, etc. If the Zika virus,SARS, aids or Ebola had waited to appear until 2023 when the Corona will presumably be history, dam straight we will have it.
Actually ,that was a typo. Changed the whole context. Should have been "What IF another Virus breaks out" ?

Your link:
mitch-mcconnell.webp

"McConnell has rejected a new $908 billion bipartisan stimulus proposal, which House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and President-elect Joe Biden have supported.

"Instead, the Republican leader is holding out for a slightly tweaked, $550 billion version of his previous GOP proposal.

"But the new unemployment report has given his critics, Democrats and economists further ammunition to demand he accept the larger deal."

Two months ago, McConnell laughed when he was questioned about blocking a new relief bill, and this was during a rise in Kentucky infections.
Mitch McConnell laughs at criticism over Congress Covid relief failure
He will likely deal with Biden the same way he did with Obama.

Forum List

Back