McConnell Faces New Pressure For Big Stimulus After Grim Unemployment Report; 'Political Games Costing Lives'

McConnell aided Trump's defeat by not pursuing a stimulus before the election. You can debate the reasons for the need and you can debate the wisdom but all the same, doing nothing hurt Trump.

Why do RW morons believe that the American economy ever shut down? It did not. We never "locked down" and we never did what we should have done to stop the virus in it's tracks. We have had THE WORST response to the pandemic of any nation in the fucking world.

We never shut down. Morons never stayed home. And we are now paying for it.

Why do RW morons believe that the American economy ever shut down? It did not. We never "locked down" and we never did what we should have done to stop the virus in it's tracks. We have had THE WORST response to the pandemic of any nation in the fucking world.

It's impossible for people to stay home. The bills still arrive and expect to be paid.

The Labor Department's grim unemployment report has placed new pressure on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to take a larger stimulus deal so that Americans struggling to pay for food and rent can receive quick relief, as coronavirus cases surge across the country.

In November, the U.S. saw its slowest month of growth since spring, according to the department's Friday report. Employers added just 245,000 jobs last month, and while the unemployment rate decreased from 6.9 to 6.7 percent, it was largely due to a flood of people leaving the labor force.

"This is an ugly report," said Diane Swonk, chief economist for Grant Thornton. "It will go negative next month."

It does look as though Direct payment to taxpayers is off the table..a lot of programs....and a lot of money--but no cash.
Did most of us not need it the first time? It is really our money that will have to be repaid if they ever get serious about cutting the budget.

It's impossible for people to stay home. The bills still arrive and expect to be paid.

That's why they need to be compensated to stay home.

But it never happened. Corporations were paid billions to keep people coming to work.

Again, this is like the cliché about government breaking your leg, and giving you a crutch, and you're supposed to be grateful for the crutch.

This crisis was directly caused by corrupt, destructive, and malicious acts on the part of government, deliberately sabotaging the economy under the pretext of a fake “pandemic”.

Having government redistribute the dwindling supply of wealth being generated by the few who are still allowed to work to produce it, to those who are not, is no solution at all.

The only solution has to be based on putting an end to the outrageous abuses of government power that have stifled the economy and destroyed small business, and to hold those who caused this criminally responsible for their acts of fraud and malfeasance and abuses of power.
Fukin' whine, bitch and moan. Oh yeah, & blame the right as well. For U intellectually impaired lefties. the preponderance of which are clueless as to what may very well transpire tomorrow by law. Stupidity has its own special rewards. Watch Bill Maher Two Years Ago Say We Want To Crash the Economy | 710 WOR | Mark Simone
Bill Maher? That guy is a TV Host, a disgraced one!

I love opinions! No matter what Wing they come from.

Again, this is like the cliché about government breaking your leg, and giving you a crutch, and you're supposed to be grateful for the crutch.

This crisis was directly caused by corrupt, destructive, and malicious acts on the part of government, deliberately sabotaging the economy under the pretext of a fake “pandemic”.

Having government redistribute the dwindling supply of wealth being generated by the few who are still allowed to work to produce it, to those who are not, is no solution at all.

The only solution has to be based on putting an end to the outrageous abuses of government power that have stifled the economy and destroyed small business, and to hold those who caused this criminally responsible for their acts of fraud and malfeasance and abuses of power.

So the government, ie. Trump presidency, Republican Senate, Republican Supreme Court, purposely destroyed small business to purposely redistribute wealth to 20 million people who are still struggling, because of a hoax that is now responsible for the deaths of 270,000 people?

No brain damage there.

It was not Trump, it was not the Senate, it was not the supreme court that shut down businesses. It was governors and mayors, largely democrat, who shut everything down to hurt Trump and small businesses.

60 million people got Swine Flu under Obama and not a single democrat mayor shut down a single business. Over 12 thousand people died of swine flu, but under a democrat president, so that's ok.

Former Biden chief of staff says that they got lucky that more people didn't die from swine flu, because it wasn't anything Obama or his cronies did. He said they did everything WRONG. "Thank God swine flu wasn't more deadly" he says.

"It is purely a fortuity that this isn’t one of the great mass casualty events in American history,” Ron Klain, who was Biden’s chief of staff at the time, said of H1N1 in 2019. “It had nothing to do with us doing anything right. It just had to do with luck.

Did 60 million Americans get swine flu under Obama? Yes.

Was it as deadly as COVID-19? No

Next.

So?

We've been 'told' :

'You can't compare Swine Flu to Corona'
'FLU is different than Corona!'

Remember 9-11?
Remember Katrina?

Two YUGE things that happened under Bush that cannot be compared to anything else in US History.

When the only comparison for Covid is 'the Swine flu' (your choice) the comparison fails.

I love opinions! No matter what Wing they come from.
Love them but ignore them!:)

But it never happened. Corporations were paid billions to keep people coming to work.

That is true. What are we arguing about?

That is true. What are we arguing about?

Arguing? I was explaining why people can't stay home.

The Labor Department's grim unemployment report has placed new pressure on Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to take a larger stimulus deal so that Americans struggling to pay for food and rent can receive quick relief, as coronavirus cases surge across the country.

In November, the U.S. saw its slowest month of growth since spring, according to the department's Friday report. Employers added just 245,000 jobs last month, and while the unemployment rate decreased from 6.9 to 6.7 percent, it was largely due to a flood of people leaving the labor force.

"This is an ugly report," said Diane Swonk, chief economist for Grant Thornton. "It will go negative next month."

McConnell isn't facing any new pressure. It is only pressure if you feel pressure. He doesn't have to give a damn, because present administration doesn't give a damn and 73 million voters supporting the administration probably don't. He will blame it on the Democrat for wanting too much and will not heed the bipartisan bill recommendations. If people really do start starving and getting kicked out of the apartments they are renting the day after Christmas, he will suffer no price to pay. If it tanks the economy, it will be Joe Biden's problem to deal with. His job is secure for one more term at the end of which he will be 82, ready to retire (especially if he loses control of Senate) and the Senate never suffers with the people, especially not a republican Senate. I do not think he is in any favor doing mood, for the country, it's people or the incoming president. By stonewalling, he keeps the outgoing president happy, doing his part as a Republican trump enabler.
REALLY? That dumb RU? Most ghetto roaches don't even know what an "enabler" is unless there's a "rock' tied to the other end. U people r pathetic.
The only voters he could possibly be worried about are the 13-14% of the population of Georgia, as everybody else already voted. Doubt he is expecting the Republicans in that Senate runoff to get much of that segment of the vote, no matter what he does. Trump will be happy. The Russians do not even matter to Moscow Mitch at this point, because their Aluminum mill is already built in his state. I am telling you for right or wrong, he is not feeling any pressure. If you disagree, tell me why.
He is feeling no pressure at all his supporters believe anything they are told why would he worry. Hey never mind every country in the world is changing because of a fake pandemic to hurt Trump. Every person across every corner of the globe will be involved just to hurt Trump. And they believe. I wonder if there is anything they would not believe

One thing is a fact. I will never vote again. Ever.
If you go to a cafe and order coffee and they always bring you tea and charge you for it, why the hell would I continue to go to that cafe when I know what I order means nothing to them?
Were you under the impression you're entitled to your candidate always winning? He was outvoted. This is America.

"Were you under the impression you're entitled to your candidate always winning?" A lot of people on the other side thought that 4 years ago too.

"He was outvoted." So was she. In both cases, not everyone agrees with that.

"This is America." Yup. But it ain't the same as it used to be. Was there a lot of talk about election/voter fraud when Kennedy beat Nixon in 1960? I don't remember, I was only 12 then. Times change and the trust in our systems and our gov't is pretty much gone depending on who won.

McConnell isn't facing any new pressure. It is only pressure if you feel pressure. He doesn't have to give a damn, because present administration doesn't give a damn and 73 million voters supporting the administration probably don't. He will blame it on the Democrat for wanting too much and will not heed the bipartisan bill recommendations. If people really do start starving and getting kicked out of the apartments they are renting the day after Christmas, he will suffer no price to pay. If it tanks the economy, it will be Joe Biden's problem to deal with. His job is secure for one more term at the end of which he will be 82, ready to retire (especially if he loses control of Senate) and the Senate never suffers with the people, especially not a republican Senate. I do not think he is in any favor doing mood, for the country, it's people or the incoming president. By stonewalling, he keeps the outgoing president happy, doing his part as a Republican trump enabler.
REALLY? That dumb RU? Most ghetto roaches don't even know what an "enabler" is unless there's a "rock' tied to the other end. U people r pathetic.
The only voters he could possibly be worried about are the 13-14% of the population of Georgia, as everybody else already voted. Doubt he is expecting the Republicans in that Senate runoff to get much of that segment of the vote, no matter what he does. Trump will be happy. The Russians do not even matter to Moscow Mitch at this point, because their Aluminum mill is already built in his state. I am telling you for right or wrong, he is not feeling any pressure. If you disagree, tell me why.
He is feeling no pressure at all his supporters believe anything they are told why would he worry. Hey never mind every country in the world is changing because of a fake pandemic to hurt Trump. Every person across every corner of the globe will be involved just to hurt Trump. And they believe. I wonder if there is anything they would not believe
If it comes from their master, I think they would swallow any worm he dangles, kind of like catfish.

I feel bad for people, and I could sure use some extra cash, but I feel kind of iffy about just handing out money. The vast majority of the country is not in lockdown and unemployment actually went down .2% from last month. So while I agree the economy needs help, I'm not sure that sending everyone a second check is the answer. Why not send that money to states where it can be distributed to individuals who need it and then use the rest to keep municipal services and programs afloat?
Oh. Like sending funds to Cali so Newscum can hand it over to illegals while veterans and children LEGALLY here go roofless and homeless? Like that? Great idea! Not.

You're disgusting, and your "thinking" (so to speak) is based on ignorance and the hate and fear rhetoric of the kooks.

McConnell aided Trump's defeat by not pursuing a stimulus before the election. You can debate the reasons for the need and you can debate the wisdom but all the same, doing nothing hurt Trump.

Sadly it didn't hurt McConnell in his race; I wonder if those who voted by rote for McConnell are now regretting it. Little food and no money for rent is McConnells doing.

I feel bad for people, and I could sure use some extra cash, but I feel kind of iffy about just handing out money. The vast majority of the country is not in lockdown and unemployment actually went down .2% from last month. So while I agree the economy needs help, I'm not sure that sending everyone a second check is the answer. Why not send that money to states where it can be distributed to individuals who need it and then use the rest to keep municipal services and programs afloat?
Oh. Like sending funds to Cali so Newscum can hand it over to illegals while veterans and children LEGALLY here go roofless and homeless? Like that? Great idea! Not.
That's really a fight for the people of California, though, Gracie. Are you still a resident? The fact that you don't agree with the current administration in a state shouldn't stop people from wanting their state to continue functioning or helping its people. Focus on kicking the bum out or pressuring the legislature,, but it's cutting off your nose to spite your face to refuse money--it is OUR money after all! Give it back so we can manage our own problems. The closer a program is to the actual problem, the better it will do at responding.

There are a lot of people, me included, who were not happy with the blue cities and states allowing so much damage and violence to continue for so long, and do not want federal taxpayers to pick up the tab for the cleanup and rebuild. It was a local decision to stand by and do next to nothing and so it should be a local problem to deal with and pay for the consequences.

"it is OUR money after all! Give it back so we can manage our own problems." That's basically what the Trump tax cuts were, giving money back to the people and mostly small businesses. He wanted to do another tax cut, but it got shot down by basically everybody, Repubs and Dems alike. And got voted out of office, go figure.
Okay, but it seems to me the objections here have been very general arguments about how the elected officials in blue states act, and like I told Gracie, it's up to the residents of that state or city to fight that battle, not me or you. Washington DC hasn't got a clue what's happening on the ground here, or what real people need. It doesn't seem like the trillions spent so far to bail us out has done what it intended, or we wouldn't be back in line wanting more.

So you didn't like the riots--guess what? No one did! That's the truth of it. Bail out money has conditions attached. It's not for reseeding parks or washing. graffiti off three downtown blocks. It sounds to me as if you're objecting to blue states getting funds, and that's pretty partisan of you.

"It doesn't seem like the trillions spent so far to bail us out has done what it intended, or we wouldn't be back in line wanting more."

This has been true forever in this country, we've spent trillions for all sorts of reasons and programs to no avail. So how smart is it to continue to throw money down a rathole? Maybe the cities and states both red and blue should be left to their own devices and fix their own problems or mistakes. When are they finally going to get their fiscal houses in order if the federal gov't keeps bailing them out?

"It sounds to me as if you're objecting to blue states getting funds, and that's pretty partisan of you."

I thought it was very partisan on the part of those democrat mayors and governors to allow the rioting to go on and on for purely political reasons, but I would say the same if it was a republican mayor or governor. They made their decisions and they should pay for the consequences rather than getting federal tax dollars. If Congress wants to provide loans to support small businesses that are hurting from the Coronavirus, that's one thing. But it's another to rebuild cities that were damaged by the riots, I do have a problem with that.

"So you didn't like the riots--guess what? No one did!"

Yet those democrat mayors an governors did nothing to put an end to it. Places like Portland, Seattle, Chicago, and New York and others created their own problems and should be held responsible for the aftermath. No bailouts for that are deserved IMHO.

Yet those democrat mayors an governors did nothing to put an end to it.
Really? How many people were arrested and how many are being prosected for the destruction? As many as they could catch. Ask a real cop who was in one of those real riots where hundreds were spread out burning, looting and causing destruction. Ask them how easy it is to identify the person responsible in that crowd--while you're watching one, two more are doing the same thing down the block. Real riots are chaos. When they could pinch them, they did. And the riots ended. Who do you think ended them, Task?

You have been fed a lot of right wing twisted reporting. Way over 90% of the protests were lawful and not violent. The people were exercising a 1st amendment right the government cannot prevent. A group of looters and anarchists and generally furious folks took advantage of the crowds and caused their own mayhem. It damaged the cause.

Yes, some cities took the approach that tear gas and rubber bullets would only escalate things. Actually, the US military agrees. You negotiate, listen to the beef, try to address it sensibly, not throw gasoline on a hotheaded crowd just aching for a fight... and if some local authorities went overboard in taking the protesters' side, might it be because those are their constituents?

I'm sure nothing I say will change your perspective, but I still believe that what you are hoping to do is punish people who you don't agree with. At least that is what it would amount to if you get your way.

Forum List

Back