McCarthy in closed door meeting with detractors...

He doesn't have a lot more to give in on and the writing is on the wall. Even if he wins, it won't last long but at least he can say he was speaker once I guess.

I would be thinking that if this is what the job requires, its not for me. I don't herd cats. I'll wait for a bigger majority to run for Speaker.
Whoever wants this job can have it. I'm out.

Then we see how many more votes it takes stating from scratch. A real shit-show. Then Kevin and 3 supporters can keep voting against who they don't want.

I heard Boebert wants to include a bill for congressional term limits before she supports McCarthy. Is she an idiot or just stumping for the base?

Republicans ran on this in the past. Granted, they quickly forgot about their promises once elected.

Republicans ran on this in the past. Granted, they quickly forgot about their promises once elected.
It just seems a little ludicrous that a Congress member would think that something enshrined in the constitution just needs a "bill" to revoke.

Yeah, but if she gets term limits passed in the House, that's huge. Would the Senate pass it? Would Biden sign it? (never happen)
How the hell does something like term limits pass in the house? What good is that?

She may as well wait for the a convention of states because that is what it will take.

There is nothing in the Constitution that would preclude this. The Constitution actually gives Congress the ability to make their rules.
Yes there is. Not to mention the founders were pretty clear on why congressional term limits are bad. It's a shame people are gravitating away from the founders beliefs.

"SCOTUS opined that since the Constitution sets forth the criteria that determines the requirements for Senators and Congressional Representatives, only the Constitution can limit the terms of Congress members."

Forum List

Back