Mayor Pete may not be gay enough for the Identity Politics Police

Mac1958

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2011
Opposing Authoritarian Ideological Fundamentalism.
Regardless of his sexuality, and regardless of what you may think of where he stands politically, this guy is very intelligent, calm, very well spoken, on top of the issues, and provides clear answers to all questions. But he has his detractors in the Democratic Party, including those who point out he's still a white male.

The Insanity of Democrats Attacking Buttigieg—for Not Being Gay Enough

From the piece:

The arguments against Buttigieg fall roughly into four categories. The first is that Buttigieg acts too straight to have any gay cred. Cauterucci claimed that since Buttigieg appears straight (he registers on my gaydar just fine) he must not have suffered the same discrimination that more obviously gay or transgender people (or people of color) face on a daily basis:

“A gay man who conforms to a critical mass of gendered expectations can move through life without his sexuality attending every interaction, even after he comes out. Buttigieg, for instance, would register on only the most finely tuned gaydar…. he might not be up against quite the same hurdles that a gay candidate without such sturdy ties to straight culture would be.”

This party has lost its fucking mind. I sure hope there are some decent third party options.

4CAE3DCC-F68B-41E6-AC28-7A40EF72CF66.jpeg

:lol:

Regardless of his sexuality, and regardless of what you may think of where he stands politically, this guy is very intelligent, calm, very well spoken, on top of the issues, and provides clear answers to all questions. But he has his detractors in the Democratic Party, including those who point out he's still a white male.

From the piece:

The arguments against Buttigieg fall roughly into four categories. The first is that Buttigieg acts too straight to have any gay cred. Cauterucci claimed that since Buttigieg appears straight (he registers on my gaydar just fine) he must not have suffered the same discrimination that more obviously gay or transgender people (or people of color) face on a daily basis:

“A gay man who conforms to a critical mass of gendered expectations can move through life without his sexuality attending every interaction, even after he comes out. Buttigieg, for instance, would register on only the most finely tuned gaydar…. he might not be up against quite the same hurdles that a gay candidate without such sturdy ties to straight culture would be.”

This party has lost its fucking mind. I sure hope there are some decent third party options.

Mayor Pete what about the CP violation which invalidates The Standard Model?

From the piece:

Live by Identity Politics, die by Identity Politics.

This is gonna be a truly "lit" election season. As the kids say hahahah

From the piece:

This is real racism. They don't support him because of his skin color.

Not the code words and fine nuances that you search for among the republicans.

From the piece:

Real racism is the belief that one's skin color makes them somehow inferior.

Plenty of that on the Right, and posted with great regularity on this board.

What the Left does is essentially a de facto racism by specifically excluding people because they don't fit an accepted narrative, and by hyper-coddling those on their Oppressed Group list, but you don't see them saying the same things.

:confused-84:

Mayor Pete is intelligent so said the poster. Mayor Pete does not know the meaning of Lambda. Mayor Pete is an idiot.
Ah. Okay. Got it.

Lambda is a backwards script L and L= 1/pt.
I still don't know what your point is, other than "Mayor Pete is an idiot", but that's okay.

From the piece:

What the Left does is essentially a de facto racism by specifically excluding people because they don't fit an accepted narrative, but you don't see them saying the same things.

From the piece:

What the Left does is essentially a de facto racism by specifically excluding people because they don't fit an accepted narrative, but you don't see them saying the same things.

The voices raised against Pete are saying that he is inferior, because he is a white male.

There are some voices on the Right that say similar shit. But they never have any impact.

It will be interesting if we can see the impact Pete's whiteness and maleness has on him in this race.

It was pretty obvious in 2008, that Hillary's skin was the reason that she suddenly lost all momentum, when someone superior entered the race.

:confused-84:

Mayor Pete is intelligent so said the poster. Mayor Pete does not know the meaning of Lambda. Mayor Pete is an idiot.
Ah. Okay. Got it.

Lambda is a backwards script L and L= 1/pt.
I still don't know what your point is, other than "Mayor Pete is an idiot", but that's okay.

The poster said Mayor Pete is intelligent and I took that word and ran with it that I have a habit to do.

You mean like the racism of low expectations and condescension for particular races?

I would think it very racist to suggest that a race of people were too stupid to be able to register to vote, wouldnt you?

You mean like the racism of low expectations and condescension for particular races?

I would think it very racist to suggest that a race of people were too stupid to be able to register to vote, wouldnt you?
Yep, that's the de facto racism I mentioned.

The two ends express it in different ways.

Yep, that's the de facto racism I mentioned.

The two ends express it in different ways.

There's good ol' Mac finding a way to be cool with the bigots again.

Wouldn't be Sunday otherwise.

Forum List

Back