Mayor Pete may not be gay enough for the Identity Politics Police

There's good ol' Mac finding a way to be cool with the bigots again.

Wouldn't be Sunday otherwise.

Maybe you could actually try addressing the topic instead of the person who posted it, unless, of course, you already know you have a losing argument

Maybe you could actually try addressing the topic instead of the person who posted it, unless, of course, you already know you have a losing argument
LoonLaffer doesnt do topics or respond to questions.

He is quite certain that the center of the universe resides in his navel and if you could just gaze at it long enough he will find all the answers he ever would want to find.

Wingers just love making my threads personal and about little ol' me.

You'll notice I never have to name names, or get nasty or personal.

They just jump up and identify themselves for what they are, without my asking.
Are you seriously complaining about the members here making it personal when they question the crap YOU post?? lol

Regardless of his sexuality, and regardless of what you may think of where he stands politically, this guy is very intelligent, calm, very well spoken, on top of the issues, and provides clear answers to all questions. But he has his detractors in the Democratic Party, including those who point out he's still a white male.

The Insanity of Democrats Attacking Buttigieg—for Not Being Gay Enough

From the piece:

The arguments against Buttigieg fall roughly into four categories. The first is that Buttigieg acts too straight to have any gay cred. Cauterucci claimed that since Buttigieg appears straight (he registers on my gaydar just fine) he must not have suffered the same discrimination that more obviously gay or transgender people (or people of color) face on a daily basis:

“A gay man who conforms to a critical mass of gendered expectations can move through life without his sexuality attending every interaction, even after he comes out. Buttigieg, for instance, would register on only the most finely tuned gaydar…. he might not be up against quite the same hurdles that a gay candidate without such sturdy ties to straight culture would be.”

This party has lost its fucking mind. I sure hope there are some decent third party options.
The problem is the Democrats have been watching too much SNL and now they are doing parodies of themselves.

Regardless of his sexuality, and regardless of what you may think of where he stands politically, this guy is very intelligent, calm, very well spoken, on top of the issues, and provides clear answers to all questions. But he has his detractors in the Democratic Party, including those who point out he's still a white male.

From the piece:

The arguments against Buttigieg fall roughly into four categories. The first is that Buttigieg acts too straight to have any gay cred. Cauterucci claimed that since Buttigieg appears straight (he registers on my gaydar just fine) he must not have suffered the same discrimination that more obviously gay or transgender people (or people of color) face on a daily basis:

“A gay man who conforms to a critical mass of gendered expectations can move through life without his sexuality attending every interaction, even after he comes out. Buttigieg, for instance, would register on only the most finely tuned gaydar…. he might not be up against quite the same hurdles that a gay candidate without such sturdy ties to straight culture would be.”

This party has lost its fucking mind. I sure hope there are some decent third party options.
We've had the ‘PC police’ and now we have the ‘IP police’ – such idiocy is as ridiculous as it is wrong.

Sen. Kamala Harris was spot on in her response to 'identity politics.'

“[Identity politics] is used to divide, and it is used to distract. Its purpose is to minimize and marginalize issues that impact all of us. It is used to try and shut us up.”

Harris blasts critics of 'identity politics'

And clearly the purpose of this thread is to divide, distract, and marginalize.

From the piece:

We've had the ‘PC police’ and now we have the ‘IP police’ – such idiocy is as ridiculous as it is wrong.

Sen. Kamala Harris was spot on in her response to 'identity politics.'

“[Identity politics] is used to divide, and it is used to distract. Its purpose is to minimize and marginalize issues that impact all of us. It is used to try and shut us up.”

Harris blasts critics of 'identity politics'

And then she says black people like Oprah should get reparations because slavery prevented them from achieving success and accumulating wealth. Go figure.

So, one queer woman, Christina Cauterucci, discusses how Buttigieg's being gay fits into his overall personality, and how that and his life experiences in turn fit him into the current Democratic field.

The Daily Biest runs a piece based on that and goes into flailing hysteria over it. She discusses whether he is "gay enough!!!!" (Cauterucci states, in fact: "That doesn’t mean he’s not gay enough—there’s really no such measure.")

Mac amps up the hyperventilation even more, and diagnoses the party has lost its mind.

Mac, quite obviously, sought out yet another occasion to lose even more of his.

OK. Thanks.

Yeah, that's what I thought.....

You trolling me bro?

I'm kickin' myself for not saying "Don't troll me bro" here. I'm slippin'.

Wingers just love making my threads personal and about little ol' me.
You'll notice I never have to name names, or get nasty or personal.
They just jump up and identify themselves for what they are, without my asking.
Are you seriously complaining about the members here making it personal when they question the crap YOU post?? lol
And, right on cue.

Thanks.

I love this place.

Awww. I sawwy.

Meanwhile, virtually 100% of your posts consist of intolerant, illiberal, simplistic poo-flinging at the other tribe - meant to insult, demean, and marginalize.

The value of your posts, of course, is to illustrate my overall point regarding the counterproductive nature of hardcore partisan ideologues on both ends.

So, thank you! And I hope you feel better soon!

Last edited:

From the piece:

The problem is the Democrats have been watching too much SNL and now they are doing parodies of themselves.
Yeah. Unfortunately.

Forum List

Back