Mayor of DC flies 51 Star U.S. Flags to Protest Lack of DC Statehood

It was designed and invisioned to be a federal community, not a state.

seems a lot has changed since then. DC now has twice as many people in it alone than the entire country had when it was formed.

seems a lot has changed since then. DC now has twice as many people in it alone than the entire country had when it was formed.
Then it would be for other reasons than constitutional quotes when the constitution also said why "no" was the answer.

It does, and the issue is it never should have had residential areas in it. The solution is not to make it a state but remove the residential areas and give them back to MD and VA. Why are we trying to take the hardest course of action which also runs contrary to what the intent of having a separated capitol when there's a far easier solution that not only solves the problem but allows us to keep an independent capitol? I guess I don't understand why you would walk up hill against the wind to a place you weren't supposed to go when you could ride down the hill with the wind to where you were supposed to be in first place.

It does, and the issue is it never should have had residential areas in it. The solution is not to make it a state but remove the residential areas and give them back to MD and VA. Why are we trying to take the hardest course of action which also runs contrary to what the intent of having a separated capitol when there's a far easier solution that not only solves the problem but allows us to keep an independent capitol? I guess I don't understand why you would walk up hill against the wind to a place you weren't supposed to go when you could ride down the hill with the wind to where you were supposed to be in first place.

The reason is the Democrats want 2 more senators.

They don't care out the DC residents, they care about those two guaranteed seats.

This is in keeping with Democrat strategy. If you 'fly a lie' long enough, it magically becomes 'truth' to the Democrat controlled legacy media who will push it on the population.

Washington, D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser on Monday ordered 51-star American flags to be displayed along Pennsylvania Avenue ahead of Flag Day, June 14.

The mayor said she directed her team to hang the 51-star flags "as a reminder to Congress and the nation that the 700,000 tax-paying American citizens living in Washington, D.C. demand to be recognized.

I know a lot of people are going to hate that. I don't think DC should ever be a state, that is not the purpose of carving out a "District of Columbia" in the first place. But I admire the defiance, misguided though I think it is. Here is what a 51 star flag would look like:

View attachment 657649

That one is intended to flown to support Puerto Rican statehood, which I oppose at the moment, but might be fine with if they lose their separatist faction. I'm surprised that it is symmetrical. Go figure.
No, the mayor of DC did not display a 51-star American flag. The American flag has 50 stars. Anything she made with 51 stars is not an American flag.

Displaying a flag similar to the American flag but with 51 stars, or extra stripes, etc., should be legal for private individuals but completely illegal for any government agency to display such a flag while conducting any government business.

Forum List

Back