Mayonnaise?

Pilot1

Gold Member
Reaction score
Mayonnaise has 90 calories per tablespoon. Miracle Whip has 40 calories, and light Mayo has 35. Why would I want to use regular Mayo when there are other, more healthy options?

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Reaction score
Mayonnaise has 90 calories per tablespoon. Miracle Whip has 40 calories, and light Mayo has 35. Why would I want to use regular Mayo when there are other, more healthy options?
Not all calories are equal. Mayonnaise has calories from fat - good calories. Miracle Whip has calories from sugar, bad calories.

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Reaction score
Folks here in Hawaii enjoy 'plate lunches'... To buy a plate lunch all you have to do is decide what entree you would like because everything comes with 2 scoops of rice and a scoop of Mac Salad... Point to this story is Hellman's is king... There are folks that will not go to certain establishments because they use Brand X mayo in their Mac Salad... I can tell the difference between Miracle Whip and Mayo now... When I was younger, not so much... Still can't tell the difference between the Mayo's...

People in Hawaii tend to be fat and live to 40...

I'm just saying...

OP
Larsky

Larsky

Gold Member
Reaction score
Every now and then, eat the fat, have a big steak, biscuits and gravy. It's called moderation. Life's too short to eat strictly plants.

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Folks here in Hawaii enjoy 'plate lunches'... To buy a plate lunch all you have to do is decide what entree you would like because everything comes with 2 scoops of rice and a scoop of Mac Salad... Point to this story is Hellman's is king... There are folks that will not go to certain establishments because they use Brand X mayo in their Mac Salad... I can tell the difference between Miracle Whip and Mayo now... When I was younger, not so much... Still can't tell the difference between the Mayo's...

I'm just saying...

No you’re not. People in Hawaii live longer than those in any other US state.

OldLady

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is the food and wine forum, so I have to ask....
Haven't ANY of you made your own mayo? I see them doing it on the food networks all the time. If you have a food processor, it's basically nothing but whipped fat and eggs. It probably tastes ten times better than anything we buy in a jar, just as homemade tortillas are so much better than packaged and homemade salsa is so much better than jarred.

Just wondering.

Pilot1

Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the food and wine forum, so I have to ask....
Haven't ANY of you made your own mayo? I see them doing it on the food networks all the time. If you have a food processor, it's basically nothing but whipped fat and eggs. It probably tastes ten times better than anything we buy in a jar, just as homemade tortillas are so much better than packaged and homemade salsa is so much better than jarred.

Just wondering.
Yes, ironically, I have made my own mayo. I have a Vitamix so can really get it whipped. It enables me to make a lot of things I used to buy processed. Plus smoothies and other things. Worth every penny.

Ridgerunner

'Ole Wise One'
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm just saying...

Uncensored2008 for your reading pleasure... Please try to retain info provided for you...

Hawaii has highest life expectancy in U.S. for those over 65

6 Things Hawaii Can Teach The Rest Of America About Living Better

Here's how your life expectancy varies based on which state you're born in

TroglocratsRdumb

Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, a friend in SC turned me on to Duke's. Here in Hellman's land, it was life changing.

Anyway, it's time to reorder. Any other regional mayo I should know about?
AOC says that mayo is racist white people food like that eeeeviiill oppressor cauliflower

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Forty some years ago I was a noob in Deutschland and I had wandered out to a Gasthaus and I was walking back to the barracks... I was passing a Street Vendor that sold Bratwursts and Pommes Frites (French fries)... A couple of FROGS (citizens of the Federal Republic of Germany) were there getting their fix of grease and I noticed they were slathering mayonnaise all over the Pommes Frites... Being young and adventurous I tried the combination... Lites, bells, buzzers and dancing naked women all at the same time... It was wonderful... Catsup was dead to me when it came to deep fried tators...

Life was good...

Sorry I could not recommend a certain brand as I am not a connoisseur of the Mayo...
What is catsup? That crap is worse than Miracle Whip

Tijn Von Ingersleben

Gold Member
Reaction score
Because they taste like dogshit?
Besides...the Japs make the best mayo.

Japanese-Mayonnaise-w600.jpg

They sell it in the states...go to your local Asian market and buy this. You won't regret it.
I don't know about calories.

Marion Morrison

Diamond Member
Reaction score

aaronleland

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Marion Morrison likes the mayonnaise squirted directly on his back.

What I'm trying to not so vaguely say is Marion is a flaming homosexual.

Ridgerunner

'Ole Wise One'
Gold Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ernie S. my cyber phriend taste is a subjective thing... While mayo took over for catsup on my deep fried tators, I still prefer catsup on my skillet fried tators with onions in bacon grease...

:5_1_12024:

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ernie S. my cyber phriend taste is a subjective thing... While mayo took over for catsup on my deep fried tators, I still prefer catsup on my skillet fried tators with onions in bacon grease...

:5_1_12024:
OH MY GOD, NO!!! And dammit! Where is the paprika? Everybody knows you can't make home fries without paprika.

BULLDOG

Diamond Member
Reaction score

I'm just saying...

No you’re not. People in Hawaii live longer than those in any other US state.
Cut them some slack. Most here don't know anything about Hawaii and the only person they can think of from there is this guy,

Marion Morrison

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Forty some years ago I was a noob in Deutschland and I had wandered out to a Gasthaus and I was walking back to the barracks... I was passing a Street Vendor that sold Bratwursts and Pommes Frites (French fries)... A couple of FROGS (citizens of the Federal Republic of Germany) were there getting their fix of grease and I noticed they were slathering mayonnaise all over the Pommes Frites... Being young and adventurous I tried the combination... Lites, bells, buzzers and dancing naked women all at the same time... It was wonderful... Catsup was dead to me when it came to deep fried tators...

Life was good...

Sorry I could not recommend a certain brand as I am not a connoisseur of the Mayo...
I thought that disappeared years ago.

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Reaction score
Because they taste like dogshit?
Besides...the Japs make the best mayo.

View attachment 270452

They sell it in the states...go to your local Asian market and buy this. You won't regret it.
I don't know about calories.
Don't like Japanese Mayo. Mayo doesn't need sugar.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List