Mayonnaise?

Mayonnaise has 90 calories per tablespoon. Miracle Whip has 40 calories, and light Mayo has 35. Why would I want to use regular Mayo when there are other, more healthy options?
Because they taste like dogshit?
Besides...the Japs make the best mayo.

View attachment 270452

They sell it in the states...go to your local Asian market and buy this. You won't regret it.
I don't know about calories.

Don't like Japanese Mayo. Mayo doesn't need sugar.

Ain't no sugar in Jap mayo son. You might be thinking of the Filipinos. Them MFers make everything sweet.
I still remember Filipino coke. It was like carbonated pancake syrup. I used to carry a pack of their cigarettes for the habitual moochers too. A couple of puffs of a Filipino camel were enough to cure them from mooching from me.

Next time you make a grilled cheese sandwich, use mayo instead of butter on the outside of the bread. Sounds weird, but you'll see...

Much easier to spread than butter
Provides a nice crunchy crust for grilled cheese

French food in France is far from on my favorite food. I'd much rather chow down in Bavaria and the beer is better too.

My favorite by far was German Jaeger Schnitzel...It is traditionally made from pork, but I was fortunate enough to date a young German Fräulein and she took me to her parents home several times for meals... Venison Jaeger Schnitzel was served several times... Spaetzle (dumplings) and a mushroom gravy (hunter sauce) to die for...

Life was good... :04:

65986396.jpg

Forty some years ago I was a noob in Deutschland and I had wandered out to a Gasthaus and I was walking back to the barracks... I was passing a Street Vendor that sold Bratwursts and Pommes Frites (French fries)... A couple of FROGS (citizens of the Federal Republic of Germany) were there getting their fix of grease and I noticed they were slathering mayonnaise all over the Pommes Frites... Being young and adventurous I tried the combination... Lites, bells, buzzers and dancing naked women all at the same time... It was wonderful... Catsup was dead to me when it came to deep fried tators...

Life was good...

3302190792_f6bfb0fa30_z.jpg

Sorry I could not recommend a certain brand as I am not a connoisseur of the Mayo...

I had a similar experience. My first try with mayo on fries was in Germany from a street cart. I thought it odd at first but one taste was enough. Now I often order some mayo on the side for my fries. Once in a while its catsup but more often its mayo. I get raised eyebrows occasionally but I just say don't knock it till you've tried it.
I like some good malt vinegar and a little salt.

Mayonnaise -- :puke:

How else are ya gonna make a BLT?
Potato salad, tuna salad, Deviled eggs, egg salad.....
.Gotta have the Mayo

For me, it has always been Hellman’s
Whenever anyone said, try this, it is just as good
It isn’t
Those foods are banned at my house.
You are obviously, no gourmet
If Mayonnaise = gourmet food, then gourmet food = I puke. I will have no part of it.

There is also something called Dijonnaise I always have a jar in the fridge! I love it!

y5ezxwC.jpg

.Gotta have the Mayo

It isn’t
If Mayonnaise = gourmet food, then gourmet food = I puke. I will have no part of it.
Mayo goes with everything

.Gotta have the Mayo

It isn’t
Mayo goes with everything
Mayo goes with puking.

I don't eat it. That just means more for everyone else. Enjoy!

French food in France is far from on my favorite food. I'd much rather chow down in Bavaria and the beer is better too.

My favorite by far was German Jaeger Schnitzel...It is traditionally made from pork, but I was fortunate enough to date a young German Fräulein and she took me to her parents home several times for meals... Venison Jaeger Schnitzel was served several times... Spaetzle (dumplings) and a mushroom gravy (hunter sauce) to die for...

Life was good... :04:

65986396.jpg

I like that too but my favorite Bavarian dish is swinehauxen. Roasted ham hock. They boil it up north which is okay but it's much much better dry roasted like they do in southern Germany.

Mayonnaise has 90 calories per tablespoon. Miracle Whip has 40 calories, and light Mayo has 35. Why would I want to use regular Mayo when there are other, more healthy options?
Because they taste like dogshit?
Besides...the Japs make the best mayo.

View attachment 270452

They sell it in the states...go to your local Asian market and buy this. You won't regret it.
I don't know about calories.

Don't like Japanese Mayo. Mayo doesn't need sugar.

Ain't no sugar in Jap mayo son. You might be thinking of the Filipinos. Them MFers make everything sweet.
I still remember Filipino coke. It was like carbonated pancake syrup. I used to carry a pack of their cigarettes for the habitual moochers too. A couple of puffs of a Filipino camel were enough to cure them from mooching from me.
I tell you man...the Philippines, despite thousands of miles separating them reminded me of Mexico so much the times I went there.
The architecture...the sweet Coke...the road tar smokes...beggars...trash. It's the Mexico of the WestPac.

Eating one now...
Eating a turkey & cheese sandwich now.....no mayo!
That is actionable. You have been warned.

And how about chicken salad or ham and cheese? I hear in Amsterdam, they drown French fries with mayonnaise. And sell beer in a glass at movies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the food and wine forum, so I have to ask....
Haven't ANY of you made your own mayo? I see them doing it on the food networks all the time. If you have a food processor, it's basically nothing but whipped fat and eggs. It probably tastes ten times better than anything we buy in a jar, just as homemade tortillas are so much better than packaged and homemade salsa is so much better than jarred.

Just wondering.
Are you talking salsa or pico de gallo? there is a difference...
Does it really matter?
Apparently not.

Forum List

Back