'Mayday" on the Discovery Channel. Learning from so many tragedies could save our life one day.

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I hate flying with a passion. Knowing that crashes are analyzed and systems improved is at least comforting. I watch this show for information and therapy of sorts.

I hate flying with a passion. Knowing that crashes are analyzed and systems improved is at least comforting. I watch this show for information and therapy of sorts.
JFK, Jr. Is Typical of Airline Pilots

If you don't believe people should get a high student salary at flight school, then you deserve whatever happens with pilots literally buying their jobs. You put your life in the hands not of those with the best reflexes and ingenious responses to pressure, but to the lesser breeds who could get not only the money for flight school but money to live on until they completed the Pass/Fail test for a pilot's license.

I understand when they analyze the voice and data recorders, and many times blame errors on what the pilots and copilots did. But it's quite clear those errors were probably happening on flights before the accident. They should institute a program to periodically review those recordings on a regular basis. That way those flyers can be cured of any bad habits beforehand.

I understand when they analyze the voice and data recorders, and many times blame errors on what the pilots and copilots did. But it's quite clear those errors were probably happening on flights before the accident. They should institute a program to periodically review those recordings on a regular basis. That way those flyers can be cured of any bad habits beforehand.
You apparently do not know much about flying commercial airliners and how little actual flying the pilots do.

JFK, Jr. Is Typical of Airline Pilots

If you don't believe people should get a high student salary at flight school, then you deserve whatever happens with pilots literally buying their jobs. You put your life in the hands not of those with the best reflexes and ingenious responses to pressure, but to the lesser breeds who could get not only the money for flight school but money to live on until they completed the Pass/Fail test for a pilot's license.
What does JFK Jr. have to do with the topic? He was not a commercial pilot and didn't even have an instrument rating, which his crash.

You apparently do not know much about flying commercial airliners and how little actual flying the pilots do.
You are correct, but what does flying time, or my knowledge of it, have anything to do with my actual point? I'm simply saying cockpit voice and data recorders should be reviewed periodically to identify any bad habits or procedures rather than ONLY after a crash

Last edited:
You are correct, but what does flying time, or my knowledge of it, have anything to do with my actual point? I'm simply saying cockpit voice and data recorders should be reviewed periodically to identify any bad habits or procedures rather than ONLY after a crash
Youare going to review hours and hours of data for 10 minutes of takeoff and landing?

Forum List

Back