Maybe we deserved this also?

Anyone that thinks these "morons" couldn't have gotten on a base are ignorant of basic knowledge. It is a pretty straight forward process to access any military installation that is not on high alert or designated as high security ( the airbases of the Old SAC come to mind)

One of these "morons" already had access, via a permit to deliver Pizza aboard the base. He could easily have entered the base with a passenger ( though 5 would have drawn attention) and done so numerous times ( getting all 5 accomplices aboard) bringing in any amount of material he needed. More importantly he could have done so after dark easily.

State side soldiers do not have ( generally) access to their weapons after normal working hours and they do not have access to ammunition except for specific mission requirements, state side that would be firing range, training exersize or being on an alert or reaction or guard force. I am unaware of Army practice on Alert forces, but there would be at least one if an ammunition dump were aboard base, there would also be armed guards at critical positions, like armorys and security positions that required such. The MPs would be armed and would have some sort of reserve.

6 determined men could have caused a lot of damage before brought to a halt by available assets on most bases. If they knew what they were doing they could have timed it in a way to possibly escape unmolested.

In the Marine Corps Battalions tended to maintain a small reaction force for assigned guard forces. Depending on sites to guard and number of sites this could be as small as a fire team ( 4 marines to as big as what ever the command felt was appropriate) These groups would be armed with pistols and service rifles. Any Ammo storage site would have a reaction force on alert and dedicated to that dump 24 hours a day. Again the size and make up would depend on size of dump and what was stored at dump as well as Command preferences.

Organizing and deploying these "forces" outside their assigned mission areas would require some work and would take some time to accomplish. Basicly unless the Base had a generic reaction force for the entire base, first responders would be MPs and local reaction forces for specific area hit. MPS are police, they are armed with pistols and possibly shotguns, they have rifles and other weapons but normal patrol cars wont have such issued.

Units aboard the base would be unable to access ammunition even if they could arm themselves unless someone up the chain of command ordered a general alert and specifically authorized ammunition distribution. State side ammunition is tightly controlled with a heavy paper trail.

Very good assessment. The MP's would have been outgunned too. Such an attack, had it been carried out successfully, would have been more akin to the recent shootings in Virginia.

Very good assessment. The MP's would have been outgunned too. Such an attack, had it been carried out successfully, would have been more akin to the recent shootings in Virginia.

and the liberal media would call for more gun laws and blame Bush for the attack - as they did with the VT shooting

and the liberal media would call for more gun laws and blame Bush for the attack - as they did with the VT shooting

God RSR!

You are just OBSESSED with your "librul media" paranoia, aren't you?

Libs can be glad this crime was averted too!

I'm a little worried about your librul media conspiracy theory obsession. Maybe you should see a therapist for this. It's like the monster under your bed or something!

God RSR!

I'm a little worried about your librul media conspiracy theory obsession. Maybe you should see a therapist for this. It's like the monster under your bed or something!

The liberal media is easy to see

However, if you are a Bush hating lib - you see it as fair reporting and nothing is wrong with the left wing slant

God RSR!

If libs were consistant they would demand the store clerk would be fired for violating the terrorist's privacy

and the they would be screaming how the Police and FBI racial profiled the terrorists

God RSR!

You are aware that even as we speak there are efforts to throw out the charges, investigations of "entrapment". And are you claiming there is no liberal bias in the Press?

You are aware that even as we speak there are efforts to throw out the charges, investigations of "entrapment". And are you claiming there is no liberal bias in the Press?

Any time a terrorist attack is foiled, libs rant how it is another scare tactic to keep the people in a state fo fear

The liberal media has been downplaying this story

I wonder why?

The three brothers involved live about 2 miles from me and the mosque is about 2 miles in the other direction...

They were on the base already making pizza deliveries and would of been successful if they werent caught... military base or mall it wouldnt of mattered...

Funny... I havent heard the islamic clerics and community condemning their actions...

I wonder why? You dont think they actually support this kind of action do you?

God RSR!

I'm not a big fan of simply posting news stories and little else. But, like it or not RSR is correct when it comes to the bias in todays media.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this could have gone bad, really, really, really fucking bad.

Shortly after the Beirut Bombing a van full of fake bombs and a reporter out to score some cool points with his editor crossed the main gate at Camp Lejeune. Of course the reporters got raises, the Marines got ridiculed, and security didn't really tighten up much a'tall.

The media is generally left leaning and normally anti military to boot. One of the reasons is the minimalist statements put out by PAO's who've learned that to castigate the reporters only invites more column inches of media bias.

The three brothers involved live about 2 miles from me and the mosque is about 2 miles in the other direction...

They were on the base already making pizza deliveries and would of been successful if they werent caught... military base or mall it wouldnt of mattered...

Funny... I havent heard the islamic clerics and community condemning their actions...

I wonder why? You dont think they actually support this kind of action do you?

They might be worried about prejudicing a fair trial. Not that seems to worry too many others.

They might be worried about prejudicing a fair trial. Not that seems to worry too many others.

Right. So if I agree the protesters arrested should be given a fair trail, I better shut up and let the courts deal with. Thanks for the advice.

Right. So if I agree the protesters arrested should be given a fair trail, I better shut up and let the courts deal with. Thanks for the advice.

I'm not giving anyone advice. In the US the rules about discussing matters before the courts is very different (probably due to the First Amendment) than in many other places. I'm not used to seeing matters before the courts being discussed in terms where the presumption of innocence is basically ignored. But I'm most definitely not handing out advice.

I'm not a big fan of simply posting news stories and little else. But, like it or not RSR is correct when it comes to the bias in todays media.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that this could have gone bad, really, really, really fucking bad.

Shortly after the Beirut Bombing a van full of fake bombs and a reporter out to score some cool points with his editor crossed the main gate at Camp Lejeune. Of course the reporters got raises, the Marines got ridiculed, and security didn't really tighten up much a'tall.

The media is generally left leaning and normally anti military to boot. One of the reasons is the minimalist statements put out by PAO's who've learned that to castigate the reporters only invites more column inches of media bias.

Illegal Residence of Fort Dix Suspects Buried in WashPost
Posted by Ken Shepherd on May 9, 2007 - 11:25.
Three of the six Fort Dix terror suspects are in the United States illegally, so I thought I'd look at how three major metropolitan newspapers reported that fact in today's papers.

Looking through coverage in the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, and the Washington Post, I found that the first two put mention of the illegal immigration status of the Duka brothers one-quarter of the way through their respective articles, while the Post buried the mention more than halfway through the article, paragraph 14 out of 26 to be exact.

Here's how each paper reported the illegal status of three of the suspects:

Los Angeles Times (paragraphs 8-9 of 36)

The suspects include three brothers, ethnic Albanians from the former Yugoslavia: Dritan, Eljvir and Shain Duka.

[U.S. Attorney for New Jersey Christopher] Christie said they were living illegally in the United States and working at a roofing business in Cherry Hill.

New York Times (paragraph 7 of 28):

Mr. Duka, and two others, Eljvir Duka and Shain Duka — all three of whom are brothers — are in the United States illegally, Mr. Christie said.

Washington Post (paragraph 14 of 26):

Three defendants are ethnic Albanian brothers from the former Yugoslavia who operated a roofing business in Cherry Hill and lived in the United States illegally: Eljvir Duka, 23, Dritan Duka, 28, and Shain Duka, 26. A sixth defendant, Agron Abdullahu, 24, also an ethnic Albanian born in the former Yugoslavia, is charged with helping the Dukas illegally obtain firearms.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12626

Illegal Residence of Fort Dix Suspects Buried in WashPost
Posted by Ken Shepherd on May 9, 2007 - 11:25.
Three of the six Fort Dix terror suspects are in the United States illegally, so I thought I'd look at how three major metropolitan newspapers reported that fact in today's papers.

Looking through coverage in the Los Angeles Times, the New York Times, and the Washington Post, I found that the first two put mention of the illegal immigration status of the Duka brothers one-quarter of the way through their respective articles, while the Post buried the mention more than halfway through the article, paragraph 14 out of 26 to be exact.

Here's how each paper reported the illegal status of three of the suspects:

Los Angeles Times (paragraphs 8-9 of 36)

The suspects include three brothers, ethnic Albanians from the former Yugoslavia: Dritan, Eljvir and Shain Duka.

[U.S. Attorney for New Jersey Christopher] Christie said they were living illegally in the United States and working at a roofing business in Cherry Hill.

New York Times (paragraph 7 of 28):

Mr. Duka, and two others, Eljvir Duka and Shain Duka — all three of whom are brothers — are in the United States illegally, Mr. Christie said.

Washington Post (paragraph 14 of 26):

Three defendants are ethnic Albanian brothers from the former Yugoslavia who operated a roofing business in Cherry Hill and lived in the United States illegally: Eljvir Duka, 23, Dritan Duka, 28, and Shain Duka, 26. A sixth defendant, Agron Abdullahu, 24, also an ethnic Albanian born in the former Yugoslavia, is charged with helping the Dukas illegally obtain firearms.

http://newsbusters.org/node/12626

I wonder how these guys came to be living here illegally?

Hasn't wonder boy been telling us for years he's the "security" president and his administration has been making us "safer" (LOL) i.e. that this kind of thing is not supposed to be happening anymore?

BTW.....do we now have to say that the U.S. has been harboring terrorists since these guys were kind of living within our borders?

More librul media conspiracy theory!

Tin-foil hat anybody?

I wonder how these guys came to be living here illegally?

Hasn't wonder boy been telling us for years he's the "security" president and his administration has been making us "safer" (LOL) i.e. that this kind of thing is not supposed to be happening anymore?

BTW.....do we now have to say that the U.S. has been harboring terrorists since these guys were kind of living within our borders?

Hell, libs oppose building the fence. Libs want to give illegals drivers licenses, welfare payments, SS benefits, and they see the illegals as a new voting block

Forum List

Back