May out by tonight ?

Copied.

28 months ago, the Conservative Party elected Theresa May leader with 60% of the vote.

29 months ago, 51.9% of voters supported leaving the EU.

On one of these, it’s fine to ask if people have changed their minds. To do so on the other is apparently an affront to democracy.

Apparently they havve the number of letters to hold a vote of no confidence.

I would be delighted to see the heartless bitch kicked out but, in all honesty, there isnt one of these clowns I would be happy with,

Brexit will go on hold whilst the tories pursue their favourite pastime of backstabbing.

Brexit in chaos as MPs trigger vote of no confidence in May

I am not at all certain I agree with your assessment of May. As regards Brexit, she was dealt an impossible hand, and probably made the best of it. Hard Brexiteers' assertions that a hard Brexit would lead to a glorious future are as ludicrous as Corbyn's assertion that he could negotiate a substantially better deal for Britain.

But, sure, the Tories couldn't choose a worse time for a leadership challenge, and, as far as I've seen, none of the major contenders, at this time, seems eager at this time to throw his hat in the ring. Funny, isn't it?

What do you think?

This vote of no confidence could end Boris's career – and give May the exact boost she needs

Does this, in case May survives, in any way affect BoJo's chances to gain the crown? I am not at all sure I follow the argument, but I may well be missing the necessary background information.

I would be delighted to see the heartless bitch kicked out but, in all honesty, there isnt one of these clowns I would be happy with,

Brexit will go on hold whilst the tories pursue their favourite pastime of backstabbing.

I am not at all certain I agree with your assessment of May. As regards Brexit, she was dealt an impossible hand, and probably made the best of it. Hard Brexiteers' assertions that a hard Brexit would lead to a glorious future are as ludicrous as Corbyn's assertion that he could negotiate a substantially better deal for Britain.

But, sure, the Tories couldn't choose a worse time for a leadership challenge, and, as far as I've seen, none of the major contenders, at this time, seems eager at this time to throw his hat in the ring. Funny, isn't it?

What do you think?

This vote of no confidence could end Boris's career – and give May the exact boost she needs

Does this, in case May survives, in any way affect BoJo's chances to gain the crown? I am not at all sure I follow the argument, but I may well be missing the necessary background information.

You certainly are.

Whatever hand she was dealt, she is a Remainer. A Brexiteer should have dealt with all this.

And the Euros have not played exactly fair either. Exploiting May's weakness. And employing that idiot Juncker.

Good. Maybe the people will get someone that represents them.

Who though?

I liked Nadine Dorries today.

But you don't know her, do you?

The Left party is too ideologically driven.. Apart from Hilary Benn, who resigned once out of principle. I like those sort of people.
Idk anybody. I dont keep up with it.

Well anyway, it's a big mess.

A total shambles.

I don't know how a hopeless incompetent like May can keep going.

One blunder after another. The first being, holding a general election, when she already had a mandate, thereby weakening her majority. And in the midst of Brexit negotiations.

Stupid!

ON she staggered, bruised and beggarly, dragging the rest of us along her personal Via Dolorosa.

Theresa May stepped to the despatch box at the precise moment the Commons digital clock clicked 3.33.33 – thirty-three seconds past three thirty-three in the afternoon, yet still an age before voters can be sure their decision to leave the EU will be honoured by a wriggling Parliament.

If there was something Harry Potterish about the hour, there was something weirdly timeless about watching such epic inertia unfold.

Has indecision ever been so dramatic? 'I have listened very carefully,' Mrs May told a packed, quivering Chamber. This won her ripe mockery. She said she had finally decided to 'defer the vote'.

QUENTIN LETTS watches Theresa May announce her Brexit crunch vote delay | Daily Mail Online

Imao. The slow demise of a baby hippo.

What do you think?

She did the best she could with a weak hand.
The people who are moaning now we're the ones who told us that we were in a position of strength. We never were but that was peddled to the gullible.
She put 2 brexits in charge of negotiations.
The first one met with his euro counterpart for about 8 hours over 2 years.
In all that time they never found a solution to Ireland.
As to this vote she may well surviive. None of the obvious candidates want to take it on now because it's an important situation.

Britain’s version of Trump sheep are finding out it’s impossible to have your cake and eat it, too. They want all the benefits of being in the EU without any of the consequences of leaving. There are some who just want to leave, economy and trade relationships be damned, but if that’s what had been on the ballot it never would have passed. I suspect the reason it passed at all is that, like with Trump, people were too complacent and thought there wasn’t any chance of the insanity actually happening.

What do you think?

She did the best she could with a weak hand.
The people who are moaning now we're the ones who told us that we were in a position of strength. We never were but that was peddled to the gullible.
She put 2 brexits in charge of negotiations.
The first one met with his euro counterpart for about 8 hours over 2 years.
In all that time they never found a solution to Ireland.
As to this vote she may well surviive. None of the obvious candidates want to take it on now because it's an important situation.

Are you patronising the northern working class and the elderly, by saying they didn't know what they were voting for?

They DID know what they were voting for, and don't need condescending arseholes like you to tell them what they were thinking.

Rather like Hillary's deplorables. The arrogance and entitlement of which lost her the Presidency.

Britain’s version of Trump sheep are finding out it’s impossible to have your cake and eat it, too. They want all the benefits of being in the EU without any of the consequences of leaving. There are some who just want to leave, economy and trade relationships be damned, but if that’s what had been on the ballot it never would have passed. I suspect the reason it passed at all is that, like with Trump, people were too complacent and thought there wasn’t any chance of the insanity actually happening.

Don't know about you, but it's not about the money.

British people tend to vote on principle.

Don't know about you, but it's not about the money.

British people tend to vote on principle.
Then they wouldn’t be in this mess, trying to maintain the benefits of EU membership without any of the responsibilities or obligations that come with.

Forum List

Back