May Jobs Report Had Miscalculated Error That Made The Unemployment Rate Look Lower Than It Is

This is interesting.

A footnote on that report says that they made and error, that the unemployment rate really should be at least 3% higher than what reported. Which would be 16.3%.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics says they are working on fixing the problem.

According to this copy and paste from the actual report, the same "error" occurred in March and April as well. Given that, what is the error?

"However, there was also a large number of workers who were classified as employed but |
| absent from work. As was the case in March and April, household survey interviewers |
| were instructed to classify employed persons absent from work due to coronavirus- |
| related business closures as unemployed on temporary layoff. However, it is apparent |
| that not all such workers were so classified. BLS and the Census Bureau are |
| investigating why this misclassification error continues to occur and are taking |
| additional steps to address the issue."

This is interesting.

A footnote on that report says that they made and error, that the unemployment rate really should be at least 3% higher than what reported. Which would be 16.3%.

I can tell that you had a mind-melt with MSNBC!

Against my true nature, nonetheless, live long and prosper.

This is interesting.

TDS

Before the China virus hoax most of America was employed. It
BULLSHIT!
by Tramp's own standard the REAL unemployment rate was 63.8% before the lockdown.

Don’t forget in the meantime we have a real unemployment rate that’s probably 21%. It’s not 6. It’s not 5.2 and 5.5. Our real unemployment rate–in fact, I saw a chart the other day, our real unemployment–because you have ninety million people that aren’t working. Ninety-three million to be exact.
If you start adding it up, our real unemployment rate is 42%.
- Donald J Trump, Time interview, Aug. 18, 2015

I dont care about Trumps standard. The fact is he achieved the lowest unemployment rate in almost fifty years. Thats a fact..a painful one for you but still a fact.
No he didn't! His numbers are FAKE. His current UE rate is 77.6%.

Ok. Is this about the actual unemployment error or is this an attempt to create or maintain a conspiracy theory that Trump jacked with the numbers?
Of course Tramp jacked the numbers!
Just like he jacked the numbers for March an April, there were 642,000 fewer people employed than Tramp's BLS claimed for those 2 months.

The article says that the BLS denies that trump changed the numbers.

The BLS does acknowledge there is a problem and it will be corrected.

So expect the numbers to change.

I will point out, people are going back to a job they already had. This isn't people who were unemployed before the virus who found a job.
BLS has done nothing to correct the problem and will do nothing to correct the problem to make Tramp look good!
From the BLS:
However, according to usual practice, the data from the household survey are accepted as recorded. To maintain data integrity, no ad hoc actions are taken to reclassify survey responses.

The article says they are taking steps to correct it.

Of course it's not going to be corrected while trump is president.

Notice they didn't say when it would be corrected.
It's been going on for the last 3 months, they have no intention of correcting it while Tramp is in office.

This is interesting.

According to this copy and paste from the actual report, the same "error" occurred in March and April as well. Given that, what is the error?

"However, there was also a large number of workers who were classified as employed but |
| absent from work. As was the case in March and April, household survey interviewers |
| were instructed to classify employed persons absent from work due to coronavirus- |
| related business closures as unemployed on temporary layoff. However, it is apparent |
| that not all such workers were so classified. BLS and the Census Bureau are |
| investigating why this misclassification error continues to occur and are taking |
| additional steps to address the issue."

You left out this very important line from your above link:
However, according to usual practice, the data from the household |
| survey are accepted as recorded. To maintain data integrity, no ad hoc actions are |
| taken to reclassify survey responses.

So they are NOT going to correct anything so they can make Tramp look better!!!!!

Anybody else unsurprised?

A little too convenient. The real rate is close to 17%.

Do you think the tRump *adminstration* will issue a correction?

Me neither.

Just look at the BLS employment report footnotes. Also compare it to ADP employment report. Or check to see if any polling companies did a jobs survey like Gallup poll sometimes does. I think it's reasonable that if 22.2 million lost their jobs due to shutdown, that 11% or 2.5 million went back when we started to re-open.

Last edited:

Me neither.
So you'll take the word of some communist who doesn't work in the Labor Department anymore over the Labor Department?

That means all of the job numbers that prick came up while working for Obama were fake as well.

I have news for you shitforbrains....just because we have a different administration...it doesn't mean that everyone in government changed political parties.

And listening to anything that Communist News Network publishes is pure folly.

You cannot be any stupider then you happen to be, or more filled with rage and fascist intolerance... CNN? They are literally lying to you, lying to you, lying to you! Did you get that you fucking retard, lying to you! More importantly, and quite revealing of your evil soul, you want it to be true! Go suck the toes of a coronavirus corpse you vile cretin...... :fu:

Me neither.
Gaining 2,500,000 jobs instead of losing the predicted 8,000,000 is no lie. That a turnaround of over 10 million fucking jobs.

MAGA!

Wow.

Here's an Article by CNN---stop and think about that, should I even bother to read on?

Which says some Obama Acolyte, unnamed as usual, "believes" there "may" have been an error in figures which is favorable to Trump, implying something sinister. Like maybe RUSSIANS!

In the day of Print Media---this would be Fishwrap.
____

We can always believe anything and everything Trump or his administration says as factual factoids of the most accurate variety. Every time Trump has been found culpable in a fraud he or his lawyers have had an excuse, hence, he can't be blamed.

Well, according to your source...it's typical CNN would say something that is considered fake news.

10.PNG

BULLSHIT!
by Tramp's own standard the REAL unemployment rate was 63.8% before the lockdown.

Don’t forget in the meantime we have a real unemployment rate that’s probably 21%. It’s not 6. It’s not 5.2 and 5.5. Our real unemployment rate–in fact, I saw a chart the other day, our real unemployment–because you have ninety million people that aren’t working. Ninety-three million to be exact.

I dont care about Trumps standard. The fact is he achieved the lowest unemployment rate in almost fifty years. Thats a fact..a painful one for you but still a fact.

In that case the last time it was as low at 77.6% was 1967. Winning!

BULLSHIT!

In that case the last time it was as low at 77.6% was 1967. Winning!
Tramp himself admitted it was 42% in 2015, so your claim is BULLSHIT or Tramp is a liar!
take your pick, LOSER!!!!!

This is interesting.

And if you think that isn't deliberate I've got a really nice bridge for sale.....

So.....are we parsing a percentage while there were over 2 million jobs created?
Kinda of nitpicking if you ask me.
If the percentage was off by more than 3% there were no jobs created. It takes huge job gains or losses to move the index by a full point, much less 3.

Me neither.
So you'll take the word of some communist who doesn't work in the Labor Department anymore over the Labor Department?

That means all of the job numbers that prick came up while working for Obama were fake as well.

I have news for you shitforbrains....just because we have a different administration...it doesn't mean that everyone in government changed political parties.

And listening to anything that Communist News Network publishes is pure folly.
If you think tRump isn't pressuring them to make him look good (like he is everyone else) you're a fool.

Forum List

Back