Maximum Age For U.S. Politicians

Leo123

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2017
Should we or should we not have a maximum age for politicians? A double edged sword?
OR, maybe we should start thinking about brain function instead. After all, an aged politician with all their faculties has a lot of knowledge to contribute. Perhaps it may be better to favor older politicians with traditional knowledge but not going into dementia. These older politicians would have knowledge of what has worked in the past but, sharp enough to realize new frontiers. Just like our Founders.

That being said, Joe Biden, with two brain operations and obvious onset of dementia, should have never qualified for POTUS in the first place. There is something deeply wrong with the Democrat Party today. They have been caught almost red-handed trying to throw elections in their favor by illegally changing election laws base on their own false Covid hysteria. Now we have a brain addled Senator as well that is a Democrat. WTF? Do I really need to mention the other loonies in the Democrat Party?

1669429467082.png

And the fucker's wearing a mask!!!!!

Should we or should we not have a maximum age for politicians? A double edged sword?
OR, maybe we should start thinking about brain function instead. After all, an aged politician with all their faculties has a lot of knowledge to contribute. Perhaps it may be better to favor older politicians with traditional knowledge but not going into dementia. These older politicians would have knowledge of what has worked in the past but, sharp enough to realize new frontiers. Just like our Founders.

That being said, Joe Biden, with two brain operations and obvious onset of dementia, should have never qualified for POTUS in the first place. There is something deeply wrong with the Democrat Party today. They have been caught almost red-handed trying to throw elections in their favor by illegally changing election laws base on their own false Covid hysteria. Now we have a brain addled Senator as well that is a Democrat. WTF? Do I really need to mention the other loonies in the Democrat Party?

View attachment 730970

Trump is well into his seventies, but he seems about two decades more vibrant than President Shitpants.

Different people age differently.

View attachment 730970

I don't know, you tell me. :auiqs.jpg:

Trump is well into his seventies, but he seems about two decades more vibrant than President Shitpants.

Different people age differently.
Thank you....My point exactly. I have known people of advanced age that still seem to think they are 'protesting the man' and not realizing that now, they ARE the MAN! Hilarious!!! Of course, they are mostly liberal minded. That's because liberals THINK that 'everyone' thinks as they do ....... or SHOULD.

Baring the infirm age should have nothing to do with it. Part of the primary process should be the results of a cognitive ability test to be filed when they file their election papers and available for public view.

Senate.....Two terms (12 years).

House......Six terms (12 years).

I also believe POTUS should be able to serve three terms (12 years).

View attachment 730970

You really don't want to get into a competition of which party has the most loons.

As for Biden, he is president because America was just that sick of Trump.

That's it.

America is now ready to move on from Biden. He was meant to be a placeholder.

It would be a mistake for him to run for re-election. He is too infirm. He should go. He made it to the big chair. His place in history is assured. Now it is time to leave and join what Reagan called the "mashed potato circuit" to make some bank before he, too, forgets he was president.

Since Trump has announced, Biden must be feeling incredible internal pressure to run again to keep Trump out.

As for age limits, there are a multitude of reasons why voters keep re-electing their representatives to the assisted living facility known as the Capitol.

The chief reason is that the longer a politician holds their seat, the more power they acquire. They move up to committee chairmanships and party leadership positions. They can then wield that power to the benefit of their constituents.

Heh. Did you see what did there? I said to the benefit of their constituents.

What they really wield their power for is the benefit of special interests who don't even live in their districts. But they have all the cash which makes it easier to get re-elected.

That last thing the voters or the special interests want is to have their powerful congresscritter replaced by some powerless baby-faced freshman. Oh hell no!

And that's why 98 percent of House representatives who run for re-election succeed. I am not making that figure up. The Senate re-election rate for incumbents who run again is 80 percent.

Those re-election rates have been in force for six decades at least. Despite countless Supreme Court decisions, and congressional legislation "reforming" campaign finance.

I can get deep into what kind of reforms would actually reduce campaign financing significantly if you wish.

If we are going to give new blood a fighting chance, we really do have to take away those massive warchests from the incumbents.

But for now, the only way for an up-and-comer to have any chance of unseating a crusty incumbent is to make a gigantic public ass of themselves to appeal to the ignorant and uninformed "base".

"Jewish space lasers are starting wildfires!"

"The gooks are in the wire!"

Last edited:
What Trump said..............

Age limits
Pay limits
Term limits
Benefits limits
No single politician can control the money (money laundering)
NO investing allowed.
NO stock market dealings of any sort.

And a few other things like that.

I think the age range for politicians in federal government offices should be 35-55.
Politicans pay should start out at MINIMUM WAGE, and MUST be voted on by the people if they want a raise.
Term limits are TWO years per office, maximum 20 years total.
Benefits must be the bare minimum, like every working person gets from their employers.
Any money spent has to be authorized by BOTH majority parties, without spam and fat added in.
Being involved in ANY kind of investing, stocks, bonds, etc....will be met with job loss, benefits severed, and possible time off in Gitmo.
And 75% of what you do while in office, must be done IN FAVOR OF AMERICAN TAX PAYERS!! Otherwise you lose your job and can never hold another political office as long as you live.

Age limits
Pay limits
Term limits
Benefits limits
NO investing allowed.

I think the age range for politicians in federal government offices should be 35-55.
Politicans pay should start out at MINIMUM WAGE, and MUST be voted on by the people if they want a raise.
Benefits must be the bare minimum, like every working person gets from their employers.
Any money spent has to be authorized by BOTH majority parties, without spam and fat added in.
Being involved in ANY kind of investing, stocks, bonds, etc....will be met with job loss, benefits severed, and possible time off in Gitmo.
And 75% of what you do while in office, must be done IN FAVOR OF AMERICAN TAX PAYERS!! Otherwise you lose your job and can never hold another political office as long as you live.
So many misguided ideas.

First, Trump was the biggest offender as far as financial divestiture is concerned. He hoaxed the rubes with a giant pile of blank (literally blank) papers.

He never gave up control.

As for your idea that politicians should be paid the minimum wage with minimum benefits, then you are guaranteeing only rich people will hold office.

That's the problem with every idea about campaign finance reform, pay and benefits, and term limits. Everyone is trying to treat the symptoms instead of the disease.

I would not put a maximum age boundary for politicians .. definitely a double-edged sword. It would put unnecessary limitations on qualified candidates. If age boundaries are a concern, then perhaps the electorate should become well-informed on the candidates they can choose.

I would not put a maximum age boundary for politicians .. definitely a double-edged sword. It would put unnecessary limitations on qualified candidates. If age boundaries are a concern, then perhaps the electorate should become well-informed on the candidates they can choose.
I agree however, a great portion of the electorate gets it's information from the MSM and legacy media which has proven to float false stories. Like the story that Biden is actually not mentally impaired. Videos show he's a bumbling idiot. It's the old...."Don't believe your own eyes, believe what we TELL you you see."

View attachment 730970

I posted a while ago about a MAXIMUM age limit for federal candidates to be able to stand for office in an attempt to stymie senility in office. My post did not get much positive support most likely due to the then current lineup of candidates which were no spring chickens for sure.

It appears the statist left are wearing the masks more as a sign of solidarity with the BLUE COLORED masks most likely popular as their parties color for recognition. The hive mentality is critical for the statist left regarding their emotional security.

I gotta admit some of those lefty politician$ & bureaucrats are just simply out of this world like wow!

View attachment 730970

The answer I believe is a maximum 4 term limit for ANY Congressman. Think of all the old cronies FROM BOTH PARTIES who would have been swept out of office. We would be in a much better place.

Age limits
Pay limits
Term limits
Benefits limits
NO investing allowed.

Many of these would-be requirements are unrealistic. For example:
  • a majority of Congress (90%+), have a minimum of an undergraduate degree, and many with graduate and advanced degrees. Why would one invest into education to get paid as much as a 16 year old at McDonalds?
  • investing can be diversified to remove conflict of interest scenarios. You're asking politicians to be treated like "average everyday workers," while not setting expectations as "average everyday workers."
  • Both parties already authorize the disbursement of funds ..
What would be more realistic is to educate the electorate (e.g. in elementary, middle and high school) on basic government and economics, and extend this to voting and the consequences of voting so the electorate is well-informed. The United States electorate is ill-informed and low-information when it comes to voting, and it's the reason we clearly have many politicians that aren't qualified for their roles.

I posted a while ago about a MAXIMUM age limit for federal candidates to be able to stand for office in an attempt to stymie senility in office. My post did not get much positive support most likely due to the then current lineup of candidates which were no spring chickens for sure.

It appears the statist left are wearing the masks more as a sign of solidarity with the BLUE COLORED masks most likely popular as their parties color for recognition. The hive mentality is critical for the statist left regarding their emotional security.

I gotta admit some of those lefty politician$ & bureaucrats are just simply out of this world like wow!
I am actually not a proponent of an age limit for politicians. What we need are competent politicians and legislators who are NOT career politicians resting on their laurels, but understand what real Americans need because they themselves have been successful on their own.

Forum List

Back