Maunder minimum gone missing

Looks like they were wrong about that, huh?
About what? Be specific, so i can respond.

Nobody says the Sun is not also a dominant variable. At issue with AGW is the accelerated rate at which we are taking fixed carbon out of the Earth and adding it to our climate's carbon cycle. CO2 can be the dominant factor in global warming, under certain conditions. As it turns out, rapid anthropogenic emissions of carbon at an accelerated rate is one of those conditions.

About what? Be specific, so i can respond.

Nobody says the Sun is not also a dominant variable. At issue with AGW is the accelerated rate at which we are taking fixed carbon out of the Earth and adding it to our climate's carbon cycle. CO2 can be the dominant factor in global warming, under certain conditions. As it turns out, rapid anthropogenic emissions of carbon at an accelerated rate is one of those conditions.
About solar cycle 25 being a Grand Solar Minimum. It's clearly not.

Nobody says the Sun is not also a dominant variable.
You mean besides the IPCC?

1633653210322.png

Still too early to say.
It's not too early. The Grand Minimum is like zero sunspot activity. Cycle 25 sun spot activity is trending up (like it should be) and it will have some as yet to be determined peak. The question is what percentage of cycle 24 will that peak be.

Last edited:
That's not what the IPCC says. They say the main driver of the current, rapid warming is human acitivity. No, the solar scientists and climate scientists who contribute to IPCC are not ignorant of their own life's work.
That's exactly what they are saying. They are literally saying the radiative forcing of CO2 dominates the radiative forcing of solar irradiance.

They just haven't thought through the implications of that.

Well, considering the Grand Minimum is expected to last from 2020-2053... yes, I would say it's a bit early.
If solar cycle 25 were a Grand Solar Minimum there wouldn't be any sunspot activity rather than sun spot activity that was trending upward like it is now.

Forum List

Back