Massive Danish study: Mask do little against covid

Gee, they are only 87% effective, you can't get any littler than that. :cuckoo:

Gee I failed to find that elusive 87% you brought up, but I sure can find these passages you didn't read:

The much-vaunted Danish mask study was finally published today in the prestigious Annals of Internal Medicine. Now we know why three medical journals were so averse to publishing its findings. The study completely obliterates the cultish devotion to masks. The results of this massive real-life controlled experiment show that the group that wore surgical masks in April experienced a 0.38% lower infection rate than the control group that did not wear masks. That is about one-third of one percent, which is so low that it could just be statistically random variances that demonstrate no definitive efficacy even to that infinitesimal level.

Gee I failed to find that elusive 87% you brought up, but I sure can find these passages you didn't read:

The much-vaunted Danish mask study was finally published today in the prestigious Annals of Internal Medicine. Now we know why three medical journals were so averse to publishing its findings. The study completely obliterates the cultish devotion to masks. The results of this massive real-life controlled experiment show that the group that wore surgical masks in April experienced a 0.38% lower infection rate than the control group that did not wear masks. That is about one-third of one percent, which is so low that it could just be statistically random variances that demonstrate no definitive efficacy even to that infinitesimal level.
The powers that be are using Occam' Razor, a catholic monk from the 12th century.

Yeah lets panic and shut everything down with a death rate of .02%. Of course that number is a lot lower as there are probably millions who have caught the virus and recovered without ever being tested.

Gee I failed to find that elusive 87% you brought up,
That's because it came from the CDC, and not from some fake foreign Right-wing source.
The CDC reported that of the 160 people who had tested negative, conversely, a total of 88.7% said they had worn a mask either "always" (74.2%) or "often" (14.5%).
So I was wrong, masks weren't 87% effective, they were 88.7% effective.
BTW the CDC study was cited in your FAKE STUDY, though typically dishonestly as ALL Right-wing sources do.

Last edited:
Wear the stinking mask to keep others from freaking out.

That's the problem though. I am wearing the mask. I've been sick more times this year, than any other in my life.

And part of the problem is, I have allergies that have been the bane of my existence, for my entire life. That's not to blame anyone for.

But being forced to wear a mask all day, when it aggravates my allergies and makes me a miserable mess.....

And for what? Just because self-centered rotten people who understand nothing about science, demand I do so or they will have a hissy fit?

left-wingers are the most evil, cruel heartless people in this world. Conservatives don't do that. I haven't seen a conservative yet, demand others be miserable for their benefit.

My favorite part of the article

It appears that the study's authors had to twist their tongues in order to get this study published by noting that "the estimates were imprecise and statistically compatible with an effect ranging from a 46% decrease to a 23% increase in infection." They of course had to concede that their study doesn't definitely rule out the idea that masks could be effective!

further it says

the researchers cautioned that their findings "should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing [COVID-19] infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control of [COVID-19] infection.

well one thing is certain, if you wear no mask you will get infected. Is the survey saying that front line doctors and nurses do not stand a chance when treating patients with COVID-19 when wearing masks?

I would love to find out why these 3 organization did not want anything to do with the Danish study.

it could be that they didn't buy into the methodology or whether it was peer reviewed. It is know that many mask on the market are not medical grade masks. They are cheap mask that do not work as well as medical grade masks. People do not wear mask 24/7.

The question is could it be worse and is the mask part of a plan which includes other things.

Last edited:
Maybe there’s no epidemic in the Far East because their governments aren’t shoving swabs up everyone’s nose as soon as they leave the house. Maybe they know that testing throws up a large number of false positives, and therefore results in bad information which leads to bad policy. Taiwan is testing no-one by the look of it.

So maybe when 98 year old Mrs Chong dies of a seasonal respiratory illness an army of bureaucrats aren’t finding any possible reason to attribute it to the Wuhan Flu.

Posted in ATW

My favorite part of the article

It appears that the study's authors had to twist their tongues in order to get this study published by noting that "the estimates were imprecise and statistically compatible with an effect ranging from a 46% decrease to a 23% increase in infection." They of course had to concede that their study doesn't definitely rule out the idea that masks could be effective!

further it says

the researchers cautioned that their findings "should not be used to conclude that a recommendation for everyone to wear masks in the community would not be effective in reducing [COVID-19] infections, because the trial did not test the role of masks in source control of [COVID-19] infection.

well one thing is certain, if you wear no mask you will get infected. Is the survey saying that front line doctors and nurses do not stand a chance when treating patients with COVID-19 when wearing masks?

I would love to find out why these 3 organization did not want anything to do with the Danish study.

it could be that they didn't buy into the methodology or whether it was peer reviewed. It is know that many mask on the market are not medical grade masks. They are cheap mask that do not work as well as medical grade masks. People do not wear mask 24/7.

The question is could it be worse and is the mask part of a plan which includes other things.

See, this is the strange aspect of your position.

Do tell... what possible reason would they have for concluding masks are not a benefit? You seem to be implying they were 'trying to twist' the results.

Why would they do this?

I know why they would have motivations to find masks were effective. The companies making billions selling these things obviously have a reason to pay for favorable results.

Governments have obviously backed the idea of taking away freedoms and forcing people to wear masks. Biden supporters even want him to violate the constitution to put in a mask mandate, threading freedom and limited government that isn't run by a dictator.

So we know why they would want to find a reason to claim masks are effective.

What possible benefit.... other than... oh I don't know... actual science in trying to find real effective methods of controlling the virus, and not wasting resources on masks that do nothing........ Other than that motivation.... what reason do you think they would have to find masks are not effective?

You do know that research done years ago showed that masks were not particularly effective, right? This isn't the first study to find this.

Forum List

Back