Mass Effect Andromeda Review

Uncensored2008

Libertarian Radical
Feb 8, 2011
Behind the Orange Curtain
This is an older game, 2017, but I just got around to playing it.

Bad press and years since it's release lead to lowered expectations. I went into the game not expecting an epic. The result was that Andromeda exceeded my expectations rather than disappointed.

The problem with having a game like Mass Effect 2, is how do you follow up? In fact Bioware did remarkably well with Mass Effect 3. Andromeda is neither 2 nor 3 - but those set an incredibly high bar. You're in a new galaxy - but you really can't tell. There are dozens of planets, but all of them are cookie cutter versions of ice, desert, jungle, or moonscape. Most of the missions are tedious, go to planet A, get a clue, go back the Nexus, speak to someone, go back to planet A for the next clue - rinse, repeat.

But then there is the crew, and this is where Andromeda hits a home run. The monotony of the point A to point be nonsense is broken up by some of the best dialogue I've heard. PeeBee, the promiscuous Asari sexually tormenting Jaal, the repressed Angaran is hilarious. This isn't the Normandy and most of the crew really don't like each other. The car rides bring it all out with some stellar acting and clever, very adult writing,

Speaking of adult, much was made of the nudity. It's all hype. There is very little in the game. The combat is good and the AI is better than previous games. The powers mean much less than the prior games, but that's not a bad thing. But as with all things Andromeda, there isn't much variety. Three enemies are all there are in the Andromeda galaxy. The story is good, but borrows heavily from previous themes.

I played as a male, but it makes no difference. As per usual, women are just men with boobs with no different abilities. It's sad that there was no attempt to explore the feminine perspective. but our society is determined to erase women and womanhood.

Forum List

Back