Marshawn Lynch ?????????

Is he thinking of holding out?

Dunno... yesterday morning at last report he was headed out to a Yoga class. One of his buddies talked to him Fri morning(yesterday) sayin that Marshawn just wanted a few more pesos because of the year he had in 2013. Just about everyone agrees with him. If he misses this week's required mini camp he is supposed to be fined 69 thousand + bucks. His pal reports it is just a respect issue ...no big deal. A million or two shouldn't ruffle any feathers with Carroll, Schneider or Allen. He will probably get his respect ransom and the Seahawks can put this to bed and get on to more pressing bidness like repeating a Lombardi run.

Dunno... yesterday morning at last report he was headed out to a Yoga class. One of his buddies talked to him Fri morning(yesterday) sayin that Marshawn just wanted a few more pesos because of the year he had in 2013. Just about everyone agrees with him. If he misses this week's required mini camp he is supposed to be fined 69 thousand + bucks. His pal reports it is just a respect issue ...no big deal. A million or two shouldn't ruffle any feathers with Carroll, Schneider or Allen. He will probably get his respect ransom and the Seahawks can put this to bed and get on to more pressing bidness like repeating a Lombardi run.

Isn't his young backup supposed to be really good?

Which one?

Chritine Michael had only 18 touches last season..unfortunately several great runs were called back for silly penalties. He showed flashes of brilliance in game conditions but still not enough to claim Lynch's position.

Turbin is officially numero duece on your Seahawk's lineup. He is as fast as the wind but doesn't have the ability to read a hole or change direction or just run a linebacker over like Marshawn.

Nobody in the NFL runs like Lynch when a game is on the line. Gore can muster up a critical game changing effort from time to time but not with the consistancy Marshawn can display.

Adrian Peterson has the speed and vision to find a hole and pile up yards as well as any back ...or at least he HAD that ability before his injury. He didn't seem to have the same stuff last year as in previous campaigns. Peterson doesn't invite impact like Lynch. He beats you with athleticism. Marshawn just invites you into a back alley and beats the crap out of you.

Marshawn gets the usual bumps and bruises as any hard running back and just keeps thumping tacklers in spite of his pain... he is still the guy that dishes out a penalty for attempting to stop him on the field.

THAT is what seperates Lynch is his ability to run over tacklers. He is just one tough MoFo. He reminds me of Mike Tyson in his prime.

Which one?

Chritine Michael had only 18 touches last season..unfortunately several great runs were called back for silly penalties. He showed flashes of brilliance in game conditions but still not enough to claim Lynch's position.

Turbin is officially numero duece on your Seahawk's lineup. He is as fast as the wind but doesn't have the ability to read a hole or change direction or just run a linebacker over like Marshawn.

Nobody in the NFL runs like Lynch when a game is on the line. Gore can muster up a critical game changing effort from time to time but not with the consistancy Marshawn can display.

Adrian Peterson has the speed and vision to find a hole and pile up yards as well as any back ...or at least he HAD that ability before his injury. He didn't seem to have the same stuff last year as in previous campaigns. Peterson doesn't invite impact like Lynch. He beats you with athleticism. Marshawn just invites you into a back alley and beats the crap out of you.

Marshawn gets the usual bumps and bruises as any hard running back and just keeps thumping tacklers in spite of his pain... he is still the guy that dishes out a penalty for attempting to stop him on the field.

THAT is what seperates Lynch is his ability to run over tacklers. He is just one tough MoFo. He reminds me of Mike Tyson in his prime.

Peterson is the best back in the NFL. By far. Even now, after his injury. He may not invite contact, but neither does he particularly shy away from it. He has carried that offense on his back for years, and piled up incredible numbers despite every team focusing on him more than any other rb in the league.

Lynch is great, and has every reason to want to be paid like one of the best in the league. Peterson is just in a league of his own.

Which one?

Peterson is the best back in the NFL. By far. Even now, after his injury. He may not invite contact, but neither does he particularly shy away from it. He has carried that offense on his back for years, and piled up incredible numbers despite every team focusing on him more than any other rb in the league.

Lynch is great, and has every reason to want to be paid like one of the best in the league. Peterson is just in a league of his own.

I agree about Peterson but don't ya think it is odd that the Vikings who feature the run less than Seattle don't win more games with a back that piles up so many yards?

As good as Peterson is he DOESN'T carry the Vikings on his back the way that Lynch does Seattle when it counts.

The Seahawks are MORE predictable at using the run than Minnisota and STILL even though Lynch doesn't get the run totals per game as Peterson he is far more successfull at getting critical first downs and TDs.

Lynch leads the league in the last three years in TDs from a running back with 35. Yards are nice but when your team features a running attack your big hoss better get the ball into the endzone.

Even though Peterson gains more yards per year in the Vikings system than Lynch does for Seattle I wouldn't trade straight across for the Vike's RB.

Lynch exemplifies what the Seahawks look for in players since Carroll and Schneider have taken over the controls. Toughness.

In a big game...say a Conference championship... It's third down on the two yard line with a minute on the clock who do you want to run the ball? Peterson or Lynch?

I'll put my money on Beastmode to get the ball accross the goal line every time.

Which one?

I agree about Peterson but don't ya think it is odd that the Vikings who feature the run less than Seattle don't win more games with a back that piles up so many yards?

As good as Peterson is he DOESN'T carry the Vikings on his back the way that Lynch does Seattle when it counts.

The Seahawks are MORE predictable at using the run than Minnisota and STILL even though Lynch doesn't get the run totals per game as Peterson he is far more successfull at getting critical first downs and TDs.

Lynch leads the league in the last three years in TDs from a running back with 35. Yards are nice but when your team features a running attack your big hoss better get the ball into the endzone.

Even though Peterson gains more yards per year in the Vikings system than Lynch does for Seattle I wouldn't trade straight across for the Vike's RB.

Lynch exemplifies what the Seahawks look for in players since Carroll and Schneider have taken over the controls. Toughness.

In a big game...say a Conference championship... It's third down on the two yard line with a minute on the clock who do you want to run the ball? Peterson or Lynch?

I'll put my money on Beastmode to get the ball accross the goal line every time.

Seattle has a better passing game than Minnesota. They may use it less, but come on, compare Russel Wilson to Christian Ponder. :lol: And Seattle obviously has a far, far better defense. That allows them to play a much more run-oriented game because they rarely fall far behind in games.

Lynch may be a better goal line back. It's hard for me to say, I certainly haven't tried to compare the two, and I'd have to factor in their offensive lines, as well. He may be a better playoff running back, although again, he's had a better team around him, as well as a few more games. I wouldn't expect you to prefer Peterson when your team has done so well with Lynch. I just think Peterson is the best back of the last 10 years, at least.

Seattle has a better passing game than Minnesota. They may use it less, but come on, compare Russel Wilson to Christian Ponder. :lol: And Seattle obviously has a far, far better defense. That allows them to play a much more run-oriented game because they rarely fall far behind in games.

Lynch may be a better goal line back. It's hard for me to say, I certainly haven't tried to compare the two, and I'd have to factor in their offensive lines, as well. He may be a better playoff running back, although again, he's had a better team around him, as well as a few more games. I wouldn't expect you to prefer Peterson when your team has done so well with Lynch. I just think Peterson is the best back of the last 10 years, at least.

For what it is worth I would rather have Gore on my team than Peterson also. Gore has heart and a toughness that you can't get out of a player like Adrian. Frequently Gore gets the job done when it absolutely matters as Lynch does.

Yes...The Seahawks have a better overall team than the Vikings. The truth is that Seattle was behind in several games last season and came from behind to win. It wasn't just Marshawn that pulled our Hinies out of the fire. Many times the defense stood up as in Houston when Sherman pick sixed our way to a victory and as you mentioned Wilson stepped up and brought us a few wins as well.

Trouble in paradise

Not really. If we had Lynch on the team instead of Shaun Alexander we would have stood a better chance of winning. Alexander was afraid to get hit. He had an exasperating habit of running out of bounds instead of fighting for the extra yards. Sure he had some amazing runs and yardage totals but that was when he got great blocking from one of the best O-lines in the NFL when he played for Seattle. When it came to the tough runs when teams knew we had to get 2-3 yards or in goal line situations Shaun usually LOST yards.

Nobody in Seattle is crying about Lynch wanting a few extra bucks. That is just wishfull thinking by Santa Clara sports writers trying to stir up a story.

We'll get this little money issue handled and get back to keeping it "just about the action Boss". :lol:

Forum List

Back