Mark Kelly's 'AR-15 Stunt' Provokes Giffords Photo Leak (photo of Gabby holding AR-15

what exactly did giffords prove here? that he had to go through a background check? I mean please, if he wasn't qualified to own a gun he certainly shouldn't be qualified to be flying a multimillion dollar spaceship.

If we wanted to be realistic in attacking gun violence we would ban all handguns. That is the #1 cause of both murders and suicides. But guess what? That ain't going to happen

Given the three hundred million guns in circulation, that cat is out of the bag

We cannot eliminate gun violence. It is part of our culture. Best we can realistically do is nibble at the fringes. That is what Giffords and Kelly are trying to do. Allow gun owners to still keep their toys but pass laws that can reduce the numbers and severity of killings

Again, you limit your attack to gun violence as if the victims of criminals and the mentally ill are't adversely affected by firearms. When you want to address ALL volent behavior, then I'll take you seriously. Until then, you're just another a-hole waving a bloody shirt to exploit the victims of violence for your poltical agenda.

The thing is...there is no single answer that will end all gun violence.

The NRA has taken a position that you can't ban all guns and if you try to nibble at the problem by attacking a little bit here...a little bit there....they mock you and say "That doesn't work"

We had a horrific problem with auto deaths in this country. We still do, but we have made significant progress in reducing traffic deaths. It wasn't done with a single law or by banning all automobiles. It was done by getting drunk drivers off the roads and making cars and roads safer

We need the same approach with guns

If we wanted to be realistic in attacking gun violence we would ban all handguns. That is the #1 cause of both murders and suicides. But guess what? That ain't going to happen

We cannot eliminate gun violence. It is part of our culture. Best we can realistically do is nibble at the fringes. That is what Giffords and Kelly are trying to do. Allow gun owners to still keep their toys but pass laws that can reduce the numbers and severity of killings

Again, you limit your attack to gun violence as if the victims of criminals and the mentally ill are't adversely affected by firearms. When you want to address ALL volent behavior, then I'll take you seriously. Until then, you're just another a-hole waving a bloody shirt to exploit the victims of violence for your poltical agenda.

The NRA has taken a position that you can't ban all guns and if you try to nibble at the problem by attacking a little bit here...a little bit there....they mock you and say "That doesn't work"

We had a horrific problem with auto deaths in this country. We still do, but we have made significant progress in reducing traffic deaths. It wasn't done with a single law or by banning all automobiles. It was done by getting drunk drivers off the roads and making cars and roads safer

Most guns hardly ever leave the home of the people who own them. So there is no way to "get them off the road" without violating someone's 4th amendment rights.

what exactly did giffords prove here? that he had to go through a background check? I mean please, if he wasn't qualified to own a gun he certainly shouldn't be qualified to be flying a multimillion dollar spaceship.

I don't think they thought this out too well. For an astronaut, and a politician they probably are very book smart. Common sense? Not so much.

Guns are protected by the Constitution, Cars are not. Get it?

Dealing with traffic deaths is exactly the right example. When you look at that, the approach was education, punishment and prevention. We didn't ban cars. The same is true with violence...and we have to focus on ALL violence, not on a certain type of weapon as that is self defeating and ultimately fruitless. The problem is NOT the firearm, it's how PEOPLE use them to bring violence to each other. THAT need to engage in violent behavior is where your focus should be.

Last edited:

We have had restrictions on guns for over a hundred years. All within the second amendment

Get it?

So, it's ok for HER to have such a weapon to defend herself, but no one else should...gotcha.

Nope. Anyone should be able to get a gun, legally of course. I myself have several.

I'm not one of your gun control freaks. I firmly believeer in the right to bear arms.

I just don't see a problem with Giffords having a gun. Everyone should have at least one.

The problem IS that the Giffords are the ones saying nobody should have the exact gun she is holding. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any exception in the 2A for elitists like the Giffords, did you?

If she's saying that then I for one don't agree. I see no problem with semi auto's.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Uness your going to execute every dirtbag who uses a gun in the commission of a crime then having a gun ban on a certain type of gun isn't going to do a thing except make guns more accessible to criminals.

Gun bans are ridiculous because the criminal will alwas be able to get whatever kind of gun he wants.

What else do you expect the woman to do?

Her entire life was shattered in an instant and you don't think that would change your views on guns?

And you call her a hypocrite? What a bunch of assholes

Why isn't she going after Glock handguns then?

She should be going after mental defects.

The #1 cause of murders and suicides is not hand guns, it is homicidal and suicidal people. Get them off the streets and/or take their guns away AFTER due process.

severity of killings Are you kidding me? Or just looking for strong words to bolster a weak argument. All killings are severe, are they not?

and there you go glossing over a little thing called rights. then again, you are a liberal

The getting drunk drivers off the road is something that can be and is applied to firearms. Felons and crazies are prohibited from owning guns, the same as drunks are prohibited from driving cars.

But you can't make a gun or a car completely safe. A gun that fired nerf bullets is no more practical than a car that won't move.

We have had restrictions on guns for over a hundred years. All within the second amendment

Get it?

Yeah, machine guns... Yet magically some States allow ownership of exactly that.

Nope. Anyone should be able to get a gun, legally of course. I myself have several.

I'm not one of your gun control freaks. I firmly believeer in the right to bear arms.

I just don't see a problem with Giffords having a gun. Everyone should have at least one.

The problem IS that the Giffords are the ones saying nobody should have the exact gun she is holding. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't see any exception in the 2A for elitists like the Giffords, did you?

If she's saying that then I for one don't agree. I see no problem with semi auto's.

Guns don't kill people. People kill people. Uness your going to execute every dirtbag who uses a gun in the commission of a crime then having a gun ban on a certain type of gun isn't going to do a thing except make guns more accessible to criminals.

Gun bans are ridiculous because the criminal will alwas be able to get whatever kind of gun he wants.

Both she, and her husband have been saying exactly that. And yes, gun bans are completely ridiculous because you don't stop murderers by removing Rights from Law abiding citizens who have been, and still are playing by the rules. Criminals with illegal and unregistered weapons, not so much.

Get it?

actually all in violation of the second amendment. got that?

What else do you expect the woman to do?

Her entire life was shattered in an instant and you don't think that would change your views on guns?

And you call her a hypocrite? What a bunch of assholes

Why isn't she going after Glock handguns then?

She should be going after mental defects.

spoon already told you that the shootings involving "assault" weapons is miniscule and, thats exactly right...that 5-6 year old girl shot in Chicago , in her gang banger daddys arms by another gang banger? Assault weapon? Nope....

9 MM most probably...but it was a handgun.

see, you cannot reason ( and won't even if you knew how) because you have been programmed...

"we just have to do something!!!! anything!!!!"
love%20to%20be%20crazy.gif

will it matter? no, but you're a sheep.....jump sheep, Jump
uploaded_EmoticonJumpSheep.gif

More people die in car-crashes every year than are killed by guns.
Why don't you pole-smoking Libberhoids grow a set and save some lives by baning cars.

Idiots.

and there you go glossing over a little thing called rights. then again, you are a liberal

You have your rights to have a gun just like you have rights to own a car.

Doesn't mean there are no rules and restrictions

More people die in car-crashes every year than are killed by guns.
Why don't you pole-smoking Libberhoids grow a set and save some lives by baning cars.

Idiots.

We have no need to ban cars

We have reduced traffic fatalities through building safer cars and roads and by banning unsafe drivers. We also require insurance on cars to place the liability for those deaths on the owners

We need to do the same for guns

Makes no difference to me if Abraham Lincoln himself were to arise from his grave and announce that he is against gun control. All you cowboys who demand your 100 round ammo cartridges are still paranoid Swartzenager wannbes, and delusional conspiracy theorists, as far as I am concerned.

Don't forget to wear your camouflage clothes at the range, to complete your image.You can also buy online chrome bull testicals to put on the back of your pickup trucks.

Why do you give a rat's ass what people wear at a gun range? You've already expressed your disapproval of the whole thing, I'm sure gun owners don't want you metrosexuals hanging around them any more than you want to be around gun owners. Why can't you numbskulls let people exercise their freedoms? If they find shooting sports entertaining, that's their business. Nobody tells you not to go to gay bars do they? If they, unlike you want to send a thousand rounds down range at targets that's none of your G-damn business. Why don't you Liberal idiots stay the hell out of other people's business and stop trying to usurp people's freedoms? We'd all be better off.

Well, of course they want to belittle and ridicule those who believe differently than they do, whether it applies or not. It's right out of their play book.

Well, I do admit that reading rants from the far Right is entertaining, and I take a certain amount of guilty pleasure from it. It is kind of like the women who simply can not pass up buying the National Enquirer at the checkout stand, to find out if Kate is going to have an alien's child.

I have to laugh, because if I thought that you guys were not loony about all of your fears, I would live my life in constant terror....which I don"t

Forum List

Back